Whispers in the Walls: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ability menu missing from keyboard mapping

Reactions_with_will

2 часа назад, Reactions_with_will сказал:

Aka ability menu

There's no such thing in the game.

Abilities are activated by pressing 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5 keys (by default) without any menu.

Maybe you're confusing it with the gear wheel activated by Q key?

UYhvjuu.jpg

Or with Railjack tactical menu?

RailjackTacticalUIFull.png

17 hours ago, Tesla_Reloaded said:

There's no such thing in the game.

Abilities are activated by pressing 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5 keys (by default) without any menu.

Maybe you're confusing it with the gear wheel activated by Q key?

UYhvjuu.jpg

Or with Railjack tactical menu?

RailjackTacticalUIFull.png

Think i just realized the issue, you see your a pc player, and im a console player. On console abilities are cast via the ability menu by default, because there aren't very many buttons on a controller. But on console we need to use the ability menu for selecting fishing gear, is that not required on pc ?

You use the "Gear Wheel" to select the Fishing Spear. Once you have the Spear equipped, you need to (on controller) hold your Ability Cast button to select baits and lures (and change/equip spears).

I think that's what he is referring to.

Speaking of binding, I would appreciate a button to turn the Ability Cast button into a toggle (on controller), so you can press it, then press (and hold) the wanted Ability button without having to hold the Ability Cast button, but that's irrelevant to this particular discussion.

If you are referring to that, I think it gets bound to what you change the "Ability Menu" button to in the General Controls in the actual controller settings.

On the PC controls, I think it's removed due to the number of possible key bindings, and each of the options it would provide is tied to an ability button, but I could be wrong.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, MarakViri said:

You use the "Gear Wheel" to select the Fishing Spear. Once you have the Spear equipped, you need to (on controller) hold your Ability Cast button to select baits and lures (and change/equip spears).

I think that's what he is referring to.

Speaking of binding, I would appreciate a button to turn the Ability Cast button into a toggle (on controller), so you can press it, then press (and hold) the wanted Ability button without having to hold the Ability Cast button, but that's irrelevant to this particular discussion.

If you are referring to that, I think it gets bound to what you change the "Ability Menu" button to in the General Controls in the actual controller settings.

On the PC controls, I think it's removed due to the number of possible key bindings, and each of the options it would provide is tied to an ability button, but I could be wrong.

That makes perfect sense, why need an ability menu when you have an entire keyboard to work with. Which is fine for pc, but since it's required for fishing, i would like to have it mapped on the keyboard attachment i have that plugs into the controller. But as discussed, it's not there. But really wish they would go back to the old system, there was nothing wrong with having your gear switch to fishing gear once you equip a spear. It's been that way for a few years and I just decided not to go fishing anywhere, simply became i have to go and switch buttons around just to do that. Nty, please fix this. Either make ability menu programmable on a keyboard or give us the old system back.