Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Some Things You (De) Should Improve

kazenioware

first, i really appreciate your efforts to make the UI better.

That being said, you really need to bring back the "whispering" (i hope that's the right term, because i don't play WF in english). You can keep the extra tab for private chats, but if you do so, you have to consider if the counterpart is in another chat and so he will overlook the private tab eventually.

Happens to me all the time.

Whispering was cool because it allowed messaging between different chatwindows even if the other one was in game and you even didn't have to switch the tab.

So if you bring back that feature and combine it, you will make private chatting much more convenient.

And there is another thing: if you really keep the chat window dragable please can you make the leaving of the main tabs consistent(arsenal, market, forge and keys). Choose one corner. Doesn't really matter which one. At the moment i keep dragging the chat window around to find the "leave" button that seems almost always underneath the chat window.

As i mentioned before clickable nicknames in the chat window (i don't mean the register/listing on the right) would be nice.

One detail would be nice too: an option to keep the chat on top and in a game open?

thx for a good game that's getting better :)

Edited by kazenioware

first, i really appreciate your efforts to make the UI better.

That being said, you really need to bring back the "whispering" (i hope that's the right term, because i don't play WF in english). You can keep the extra tab for private chats, but if you do so, you have to consider if the counterpart is in another chat and so he will overlook the private tab eventually.

Happens to me all the time.

Whispering was cool because it allowed messaging between different chatwindows even if the other one was in game and you even didn't have to switch the tab.

So if you bring back that feature and combine it, you will make private chatting much more convenient.

And there is another thing: if you really keep the chat window dragable please can you make the leaving of the main tabs consistent(arsenal, market, forge and keys). Choose one corner. Doesn't really matter which one. At the moment i keep dragging the chat window around to find the "leave" button that seems almost always underneath the chat window.

As i mentioned before clickable nicknames in the chat window (i don't mean the register/listing on the right) would be nice.

One detail would be nice too: an option to keep the chat on top and in a game open?

thx for a good game that's getting better :)

Another thing I wan to add is group chat, select player(s) invite them into group chat.

This touches on something I was thinking about the other day...

Now that the chat window is 'always on top', can we get some consistency in where buttons aare place on the UI across all screens of which the chat windows is present (arsenal, market, forge and keys + sub-screens). So that people can place the chat window somewhere out of the way of the screen controls (OK, / Cancel style buttons)

I have found it a bit annoying trying to keep chats going while sorting my arsenal or building in the foundry as button display behind the chat window when I change screens.

This coupled with the ESC button, always, hiding the chat window before closing the current screen (e.g. market [to buy a Orokin Catalyst]) to then go back to the previous screen(e.g. arsenal), the U11 UI changes are a step in the right direction but still need some refinement and work.

P.S - Looking at another post just reminded me of something else as well along these lines; The final close game 'X' button in the top right-hand corner of the screen (not a Windows Red x, I play fullscreen) is not very convenient [unless designed that way to discourage you from closing the game] compared to the location of the login and, is it, forgot password button of the UI.

Please add this to the list of buttons within the UI to review.

Edited by c671200