The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is there a reason why primary kitguns have so little ammo capacity?

Simple as the title says. I know the loaders don't influence the ammo cap of the kitguns, only the amount you can fit per reload, and that this "issue" (not really an issue, just a bother) can be solved with either the battery-magazine arcane or an exilus adater slot for an ammo maximum mod (or god forbid a riven mod), but I will wonder.

Why primary kitguns only have 90 ammo cap?

Is it an (un)intentional leftover from the ammo system rework in which DE reduced the ammo cap of all weapon types or something? Just wondering, cuz yes I see how it can be solved with the systems we have in game, but damn, couldn't we get at least double ammo reserves on guilding? Having a kitgun run out of ammo mid mission because I reloaded it 3 times and somehow didn't get ammo drops for primaries feels odd.

11 minutes ago, NeverToReturn said:

Is it an (un)intentional leftover from the ammo system rework in which DE reduced the ammo cap of all weapon types or something?

They did reduce ammo caps of the Gaze, Sporelacer, Tombfinger, and Vermisplicer primaries in the Great Ammo Purge.  So it seems intentional, even if poorly balanced.  (In both directions. 120 ammo seems like way too much for primary Tombfinger relative to other AoE weapons, even though it was reduced drastically.)

Although, other than Vermi, which I don't use, I don't even think about ammo for any of these.   Except a bit for Gaze, but it hasn't actually affected by builds. I still don't have the pax battery arcane, so it's not that. 

It sounds like you're talking about Vermi.  90 does seem quite low for it, if I remember how it functions.

12 minutes ago, Tiltskillet said:

They did reduce ammo caps of the Gaze, Sporelacer, Tombfinger, and Vermisplicer primaries in the Great Ammo Purge.  So it seems intentional, even if poorly balanced.  (In both directions. 120 ammo seems like way too much for primary Tombfinger relative to other AoE weapons, even though it was reduced drastically.)

Although, other than Vermi, which I don't use, I don't even think about ammo for any of these.   Except a bit for Gaze, but it hasn't actually affected by builds. I still don't have the pax battery arcane, so it's not that. 

It sounds like you're talking about Vermi.  90 does seem quite low for it, if I remember how it functions.

Oh yes you are correct! I didn't consider checking the other kitgun types when testing builds, but yes, all the models you quoted have 90 ammo maximum as primaries.

I must agree, Vermi having only 90 ammo max hurts, even if you can connect to multiple enemies. It already has a range limit issue I feel, and don't know if its damage needs to ramp up, but it feels that just as I'm about to deal actual damage (37 ammo magazine build test), I have to reload. Or scrounge for ammo again.