The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Affinity acquisition change??

Framebro1062

So I've logged back into Warframe to farm some affinity for my rank 0 weapons, Fulmin prime and all that stuff. Ran a bit of Gara so I could nuke everything as that was my main affinity vending machine I'd be shaking at. Would always rank up that weapon to max for the 10 minutes of survival.

After the launch of Whispers in the Walls, however, I've come to find out that I can no longer get affinity from nuking every enemy and gain the large amount of weapon ranks I needed. I'd only been able to gain that affinity from shared affinity (Which I've also come to find out has smaller affinity acquisition , that or my team mates are just having their kills stolen) and I now have to manually kill things with that weapon.

I understand that this is how weapon ranking is meant to be played in Warframe, but when and why did this happen. Everyone keeps saying "Thats just how its 'always' been" or the common answer "That affinity goes to your Warframe" (Which, again, wasn't so true cuz I'd be grinding weapon ranks).

40 minutes ago, Framebro1062 said:

Everyone keeps saying "Thats just how its 'always' been" or the common answer "That affinity goes to your Warframe"

How long were you away?  I started in 2017 and that's the way it's worked at least that long.

Is it possible what you remember is  shared affinity from other people in your squad killing?  In that case a lot of affinity can go to your weapons, as long as you're in affinity range when a kill is made by your squad mate. 

Otherwise maybe there is or was some quirk or bug with Gara that allowed affinity from your own ability kills.  But that's not the way it normally works.

7 hours ago, Framebro1062 said:

I'd only been able to gain that affinity from shared affinity (Which I've also come to find out has smaller affinity acquisition

That is not the case, you get 100% of the Affinity from ally kills, spread among your gear, 25% goes to the Frame and 75% to your weapon(s).

And ye, your own ability kills have NEVER given you Affinity on your weapons.

• 1 month later...
On 2024-02-14 at 3:30 AM, NinjaZeku said:

That is not the case, you get 100% of the Affinity from ally kills, spread among your gear, 25% goes to the Frame and 75% to your weapon(s).

And ye, your own ability kills have NEVER given you Affinity on your weapons.

everyone else was gotta like 20 kills each 10 seconds but i'd hit like 200 in like two waves, the affinity would go to my weapons and stuff all over, i'd even check to see how much i'd get and I got a *lot*

On 2024-02-13 at 8:27 PM, Tiltskillet said:

How long were you away?  I started in 2017 and that's the way it's worked at least that long.

Is it possible what you remember is  shared affinity from other people in your squad killing?  In that case a lot of affinity can go to your weapons, as long as you're in affinity range when a kill is made by your squad mate. 

Otherwise maybe there is or was some quirk or bug with Gara that allowed affinity from your own ability kills.  But that's not the way it normally works.

few weeks before posting this

1 hour ago, Framebro1062 said:

everyone else was gotta like 20 kills each 10 seconds

Uh ... so others in your Squad killed ~120 enemies per minute? In total or for each player?

Either way, that'll give you plenty of shared Affinity to go to your weapons.

Edited by NinjaZeku