The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Curious to know: any orokin (prime) weapon better than incarnons out there?

Kronxito

I love orokin style (not the people). 

Incarnons are very good. I currently go with Phenmor, Laetum and Praedos. For everything. 

Just curious to know if they are all better than primed weapons or are there primed weapons better than incarnons?

Thanks. 

Edited by Kronxito
Typo

Better is relative or at least up for debate. Since WF is so easy and so many weapons can comfortably reach level cap damage. But there's some extremely powerful prime weapons that can at least compete with incarnons in certain scenarios. Like nagantaka prime for single target dmg and glaive prime for AoE. But incarnons are certainly the meta atm. 

• Like 1

Hello there. 

Well, there are over 30 Incarnon weapons, thats a lot of variety and range within just Incarnons themselves. Not every Incarnon is equally as strong. Its a bit like asking if there are foods better than fruit? Well... which fruits do you mean? 

Possible good news though, is that you mentioned Phenmor, Laetum and Praedos, which were some of the first Incarnon weapons. Are you aware that there are many Primed weapons/Orokin weapons that are also Incarnons? Meaning you can have Primed weapons that are also Incarnons with better stats to match? For example, Burston Prime Incarnon, Strun Prime Incarnon, Braton Prime Incarnon, Paris Prime Incarnon, Boar Prime Incarnon. Lex Prime Incarnon. A few others. They vary in strengths, Phenmor and Laetum are also really powerful. Lex Prime incarnon is probably comparable as far as secondary goes. I think Burston, Braton, Strun, Boar are pretty strong as well and some of the more powerful Incarnon and Primed weapons (I think Paris is too, but its a bow, and not as many people are as fans of that type of bow, as I am). 

If you strictly mean non Incarnon Primes though? There aren't really many that are super competitive with the very best Incarnons. Especially when you consider that it was a lot of the older Primed weapons that were given Incarnon options, not the middle of the pack or top weapons. Fulmin Prime, Acceltra Prime, would probably be comparable or better than some of the weaker Incarnons though. 

It's hard to say outright better than all Incarnon, but some primes are very competitive and aren't directly comparable to any Incarnon yet.  Glaive Prime, Rubico and Vectis Prime come to mind.  Or if you really want to use a particular weapon type, there may not be an Incarnon for it yet, e.g., if you want to use a polearm, Guandao Prime is superior to any Incarnon, even Incarnon Dual Ichor with Extra Cheese.

And if you find Incarnon activation and downtime unappealing, good  primes will feel effortless in comparison.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, (PSN)slightconfuzzled said:

Hello there. 

Well, there are over 30 Incarnon weapons, thats a lot of variety and range within just Incarnons themselves. Not every Incarnon is equally as strong. Its a bit like asking if there are foods better than fruit? Well... which fruits do you mean? 

Possible good news though, is that you mentioned Phenmor, Laetum and Praedos, which were some of the first Incarnon weapons. Are you aware that there are many Primed weapons/Orokin weapons that are also Incarnons? Meaning you can have Primed weapons that are also Incarnons with better stats to match? For example, Burston Prime Incarnon, Strun Prime Incarnon, Braton Prime Incarnon, Paris Prime Incarnon, Boar Prime Incarnon. Lex Prime Incarnon. A few others. They vary in strengths, Phenmor and Laetum are also really powerful. Lex Prime incarnon is probably comparable as far as secondary goes. I think Burston, Braton, Strun, Boar are pretty strong as well and some of the more powerful Incarnon and Primed weapons (I think Paris is too, but its a bow, and not as many people are as fans of that type of bow, as I am). 

If you strictly mean non Incarnon Primes though? There aren't really many that are super competitive with the very best Incarnons. Especially when you consider that it was a lot of the older Primed weapons that were given Incarnon options, not the middle of the pack or top weapons. Fulmin Prime, Acceltra Prime, would probably be comparable or better than some of the weaker Incarnons though. 

I would be ok with primed incarnons. 

Laetum has a lot of dmg output aoe. 
phenmor is more single target to me. 

Im talking in terms of damage output to deal with big armored guys like those in netracells. Or those tanky corpus units. 

would be good to have similar option but with a primed incarnon.  Any advice plz?

For primary, looks like braton or burston would suit me if you say they are strong. 

Melee could be glaive. 

Secondary lex… not a fan of lex gun

Edited by Kronxito

7 minutes ago, Kronxito said:

I would be ok with primed incarnons. Laetum has a lot of dmg output aoe. phenmor is more single target to me. 

Im talking in terms of damage output to deal with big armored guys like those in netracells. Or those tanky corpus units. would be good to have similar option but with a primed incarnon.  Any advice plz?

For primary, looks like braton or burston would suit me if you say they are strong. Melee could be glaive. Secondary lex… not a fan of lex gun

Sure, no problem. So just for the sake of clarity and understanding, do you know how Incarnon Genesis Adapters work? The Phenmor, and Laetum were two of the first original Incarnons. They are inherently Incarnon, by default. Later on, DE gave us Genesis Incarnon Adapters, for specific weapons, that will turn old weapons, into Incarnon weapons. Weapons like those i mentioned, the Miter, Torid, and quite a few other weapons. (If you didn't know, you get Incarnon Genesis Adapters from Duviri Steel Path Circuit, on a weekly rotation). 

These types of Incarnons, take the preexisting gun, give it some general buffs and a new activation mode, that makes it fire differently. For example the Braton Incarnon gets small AOE explosions with its bullets. Burston becomes a full automatic, with innate heat and I think a higher fire rate. Boar turns into a beam weapon, with lots of chaining. So even if you don't like the Lex, you may like its Incarnon version form. Or maybe not, preferences and all that. 

Torid (Incarnon) is actually really popular right when I see people talking about Netracells, but... its not a Prime weapon. That being said the Boar is, and I personally like it more, since its a shotgun in its normal form, and a really strong shotgun at that, great for single target damage, and its beam Incarnon form, is similar to Torid, and great for large groups of enemies. If you really like the Phenmor though, Burston Incarnon, Braton Incarnon, would probably be most similar. Latron Prime Incarnon is also really really strong, and probably more powerful in the eyes of many, than the Burston and Braton, however it fires bouncy projectiles. A lot of damage, but different from the Phenmor. Its many peoples favourites. One of its evolution trees also lets you strip armour pretty easy. 

Someone might be able to give more assistance and advice when it comes to Melee Incarnons and Secondary. I have them and use them, but don't test them as much, and just pick what I find fun. 

Good luck! 

For melee

The ceramic dagger is probably the best one as it makes for an incredible stat stick. But I use the glaive prime a bunch so you know my style when it comes to melee. Dual ichor has been getting a come up but that seems more build specific. 

The Lato, Lex, and Brono are the only incarnon adapters with a prime version to my memory.

I've only used the lex and it's super strong it's incarnon form is an Arca Plasmor wide projectile. If you don't like the slow methodical fire rate you can speed it up and add the recoil mod.  Then it works more like the lato.

I'm my opinion, if you compare similar style ranged weapons, then no- I can't think of any prime that's better than an incarnon... unless you have trouble building the meter.

The thing with incarnons are that many of them add aoe of some sort, either by adding high amount of punch thru, explosions, or ricochet bullets. Not to mention the stat boosts, and good ammo economy. 

Melee on the other hand is a mixed bag. I'd say prime melee weapons are still very good in comparison.

Edited by (XBOX)Brusilnik
Clarification

33 minutes ago, (XBOX)Big Roy 324 said:

The Lato, Lex, and Brono are the only incarnon adapters with a prime version to my memory.

Plus Braton, Burston, Latron, Strun, Boltor, Soma, Paris, Boar, Zylok, Vasto, Bo, (Skana). :P

I'm not sure if the OP is counting any of these though, perhaps because their Incarnon forms are no longer Orokin style.  

I like Corinth more than any of the Incarnon shotguns.

The 100% status thing always prevented me from enjoying that quasi-pump action fun.
Needs an Arcane for reload speed and Critical Deceleration for the pump action feel.

Melee is easier to pick since you can pretty much go by good and garbage stance combos. Warfans were underused so Gunsen Prime is solid.

• Like 1

On 2024-02-15 at 8:59 AM, Tiltskillet said:

Plus Braton, Burston, Latron, Strun, Boltor, Soma, Paris, Boar, Zylok, Vasto, Bo, (Skana). :P

I'm not sure if the OP is counting any of these though, perhaps because their Incarnon forms are no longer Orokin style.  

For some reason I neglected to mention I was specifically talking about secondaries. 

But I did miss the vasto and zylok. Although checking the wiki.  They both sound kind of awful. 

Would definitely like more pistol variants for the incarnons.

On 2024-02-15 at 4:36 PM, Kronxito said:

I love orokin style (not the people). 

Incarnons are very good. I currently go with Phenmor, Laetum and Praedos. For everything. 

Just curious to know if they are all better than primed weapons or are there primed weapons better than incarnons?

Thanks. 

Generally speaking, Incarnons are the best of the best right now.

There are many powerful Prime weapons which can come close to Incarnons, such as Glaive, Acceltra, Akarius, Gotva, Nikana, Phantasma, to name a few.

Of course, you can have both Prime and Incarnon, from which my favourites are Barton, Burston, and Boar.

On 2024-02-15 at 7:09 PM, Xzorn said:

I like Corinth more than any of the Incarnon shotguns.

The 100% status thing always prevented me from enjoying that quasi-pump action fun.
Needs an Arcane for reload speed and Critical Deceleration for the pump action feel.

Melee is easier to pick since you can pretty much go by good and garbage stance combos. Warfans were underused so Gunsen Prime is solid.

+1 for the Corinth Prime, I dusted mine off recently and it slaps SP Grineer without breaking a sweat. One of the most satisfying shotguns to use too, great sound and reload animations!

Burston Incarnon is probably one of the best incarnons/primes atm. The shear ammo size of the incarnon form along with the insane fire rate and innate punch through (if armor is high enough) makes it a lovely weapon. Strun is solid too if you want big AoE and a reliable shotty at the same time. Boar is also cool, but it has some beam issues when facing eximus with shield dome abilities, same applies to nullifiers.