The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Gauss’ thermal sunder doesnt work on juggernaut. Bug?

Kronxito

EDITED:  

turns out Gauss thermal sunder doesnt work on juggernaut. 

tried in simulacrum. 

vauban’s bastille can strip all its armor so it might be a bug on gauss’ thermal sunder

Edited by Kronxito

16 minutes ago, Kronxito said:

Gauss’ sundering doesnt work at all. I dont know about other frames. 

maybe is a bug?

Just to get the obvious questions out of the way:

• Were you in Redline?
    • Armor strip only happens while in Redline and above 80%
  • Did you have 100% Redline?
    • Thermal Sunder strips current armor, not base armor.
      • If you have less than 100% Redline, you cannot full strip.
Edited by Hexerin
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Hexerin said:

Just to get the obvious questions out of the way:

• Were you in Redline?
    • Armor strip only happens while in Redline and above 80%
  • Did you have 100% Redline?
    • Thermal Sunder strips current armor, not base armor.
      • If you have less than 100% Redline, you cannot full strip.

Yes. Full redline. 

i just tried in simulacrum. Sundering doesnt work on juggernaut. 

i tried vauban’s bastille and it strips all the jugger armor correctly.

might be a bug then. 

Armor strip has always been inconsistent.

Void angels, Acolites, Sisters and Litches, Various different boss enemies. All of them have a different hidden list of armor strips that do and don't work on them. It's incredibly infuriating. I wish they'd just make them consistent instead of randomly spinning the wheel on what we're allowed to use against different enemies.

There's some incredibly dumb ones Like Pillage working on more enemies than Fire blast even tho they both strip in an expanding radius and are both subsumeable. Except Fire blast is line of sight only while pillage isn't, Pillage also has massively more range, It's range scales off of duration instead which makes it more appealing for frames that don't care about range, which is a LOT more frames than ones that don't care about duration, it costs less energy, completely restores your shields, gives you a ton of overshield, AND clears status effects from you. Fire blast procs fire status so I guess you get some CC on fodder enemies and maybe bonus CO damage from it if you're not already running heat on your weapons for some reason, It deals some damage but it's never been enough to matter. Balance wise, you'd think fire blast would have a wider range of enemies it strips than pillage does to make it a more appealing pick. But it's less.

I really want to like Ember but she's completely ruined by how garbage of an ability fire blast is, coupled with her needing to have and use it to manage immolation. And this could at least be partially fixed by it actually doing what it says it should.

If they're not even going to try making any sense with the balance. They should just all work on the same enemies. And they should also tell us what enemies they do and don't work on.

Edited by PollexMessier
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Kronxito said:

Yes. Full redline. 

i just tried in simulacrum. Sundering doesnt work on juggernaut. 

i tried vauban’s bastille and it strips all the jugger armor correctly.

might be a bug then. 

Sounds like a bug then, yea. Juggernauts are entirely susceptible to armor strip without restrictions, so if Thermal Sunder isn't doing so then yea.

6 minutes ago, PollexMessier said:

Armor strip has always been inconsistent.

Void angels, Acolites, Sisters and Litches, Various different boss enemies. All of them have a different hidden list of armor strips that do and don't work on them. It's incredibly infuriating. I wish they'd just make them consistent instead of randomly spinning the wheel on what we're allowed to use against different enemies.

There's some incredibly dumb ones Like Pillage working on more enemies than Fire blast even tho they both strip in an expanding radius and are both subsumeable. Except Fire blast is line of sight only while pillage isn't, Pillage also has massively more range, It's range scales off of duration instead of range mods which makes it more appealing for frames that don't care about range, which is a LOT more frames than ones that don't care about duration, it costs less energy, completely restores your shields, gives you a ton of overshield, AND clears status effects from you. Fire blast procs fire status so I guess you get some CC on fodder enemies and maybe bonus CO damage from it if you're not already running heat on your weapons for some reason. Balance wise, you'd think fire blast would have a wider range of enemies it strips form than pillage to make it a more appealing pick. But it's less.

I really want to like ember but she's completely ruined by how garbage of an ability fire blast is, coupled with her needing to have and use it to manage immolation. And this could at least be partially fixed by it actually doing what it says it should.

If they're not even going to try making any sense with the balance. They should just all work on the same enemies. And they should also tell us what enemies they do and don't work on.

If its a boss type enemy that is in the modern game, then it can't be stripped (and will likely have damage attenuation on top of that). Older bosses can be stripped because they're old and use the game's old design philosophy. There's really nothing actually inconsistent, it's just that the game is 10 years old and has had numerous revisions to its design philosophy, so sometimes things are archaic.

Thermal Sunder needs to be removing a Heat/Cold proc to apply the armor removal. The body part that Thermal Sunder targets on Juggernauts is status immune, so Thermal Sunder itself cannot apply a Heat/Cold proc to the Juggernaut.
Thermal Sunder can still remove the procs though, so by using a weapon to apply a Heat/Cold proc then use Thermal Sunder to remove that proc, it will strip the armor as expected.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Arbitrary said:

Thermal Sunder needs to be removing a Heat/Cold proc to apply the armor removal. The body part that Thermal Sunder targets on Juggernauts is status immune, so Thermal Sunder itself cannot apply a Heat/Cold proc to the Juggernaut.
Thermal Sunder can still remove the procs though, so by using a weapon to apply a Heat/Cold proc then use Thermal Sunder to remove that proc, it will strip the armor as expected.

Which body part is status immune?

I've been curious about Juggernaut status immunity. It's odd how difficult it is with most weapons to inflict status in the Sim with AI turned off.  I want to assume it's because the belly isn't exposed, which is an area I do sometimes get status procs, especially with wider projectile weapons.   And yet it's quite easy in missions even when the Juggernaut is prone, seemingly regardless of what weapons I use.    

8 minutes ago, Tiltskillet said:

Which body part is status immune?

Whatever part Thermal Sunder targets ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.

More serious answer is all body parts except the top and belly, and only those when it open/expose the specific location. The legs, and outer carapace around the top are always status immune.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Arbitrary said:

This is a very interesting thing. I must try this out. 

thanks good sir