The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I am disappointed to find that there's a minimum projectile speed

Dawwww, that’s a disappointment to hear. I’ve been wanting to try a -projectile speed riven for a while now, just never got around to it.

I guess if I roll it, I’ll give it a shot at least to see what it does do

Obligatory: https://youtu.be/HQOr4vTF0RU?si=fPtLj0akqwyHQLPv

36 minutes ago, (PSN)Lollybomb said:

My -101% projectile speed riven for the Dera did not make the projectiles go backwards, or even just hover in place.  The game is forever ruined.  DE, please fix.

I'm curious if there is different floor on projectile speed now.  Like, can you tell the difference between the riven by itself and the riven plus unranked Terminal Velocity? 

15 minutes ago, Tiltskillet said:

Obligatory: https://youtu.be/HQOr4vTF0RU?si=fPtLj0akqwyHQLPv

I'm curious if there is different floor on projectile speed now.  Like, can you tell the difference between the riven by itself and the riven plus unranked Terminal Velocity? 

I can, but it takes a "significant" distance for the change to be noticeable since I'm just eyeballing it.  At ~70m the riven alone takes ~4 seconds for the projectile to hit an enemy, the riven plus unranked Terminal Velocity takes maybe a half second less.  Which works out to a minimum of roughly 17.5m/s.  Now, looking at the stug video, either the minimum has been changed, or the minimum is actually a maximum negative.  It's possible that the effect of the riven is actually capped at something like -80%.  Again, I was just eyeballing the time, so I'm assuming my numbers are a bit off.  Plus, what kind of a minimum would -82.5% be anyway?  That's just weird.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, (PSN)Lollybomb said:

I can, but it takes a "significant" distance for the change to be noticeable since I'm just eyeballing it.  At ~70m the riven alone takes ~4 seconds for the projectile to hit an enemy, the riven plus unranked Terminal Velocity takes maybe a half second less.  Which works out to a minimum of roughly 17.5m/s.  Now, looking at the stug video, either the minimum has been changed, or the minimum is actually a maximum negative.  It's possible that the effect of the riven is actually capped at something like -80%.  Again, I was just eyeballing the time, so I'm assuming my numbers are a bit off.  Plus, what kind of a minimum would -82.5% be anyway?  That's just weird.

Stug has a severely arcing projectile, so it's going to look quite a bit different than Dera with negative projectile speed.   The video was really just for fun, not to demonstrate that projectile speed must have changed since then.

Although looking into this more, I do see some old videos of projectiles going backwards or basically going forward at walking speed.