The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please fix Ground Finishers and make them reliably functional.

Sloth45

Title. I hardly bother with the things in most content, but when Duviri emphasizes finishers for certain Decrees, then you notice that it's extremely unreliable to commit Ground Finisher on enemies after knocking them down with a heavy slam. I'd take the interaction prompt that Parazon Finishers have for ground finishers too; that'd probably be more reliable then "aim your cursor at the enemy before they get up, press the melee button, and hope."

• Like 1

I have a lot of practice with ground finishers.  They're mostly reliable for me...as long as I'm solo and am built in such a way that I don't have anything interfering too much with knockdown status.  Those are big caveats.   I guess I'd list the issues they have like this...

- Some effects and animations can prevent knockdown in the first place

- Some effects and animations can end knockdown prematurely

- I think sometimes objects nearby can prevent a finisher from being executed

- The reticle aim trigger is a little finicky.  For instance, you can be well within your base range but still too far to activate.  Sometimes being too close seems to be the problem, which is even more unintuitive.

It would be great to have the first three could be cleaned up, though I'm extremely skeptical these can be fixed completely.  Distance being more forgiving would be great, although in a way this is the least important to me as it's an issue that is minimized with practice.

Edited by Tiltskillet

I dunno, having a knocked down enemy nearby at all forcing a ground finisher sounds like it would work for me- There are fairly few sources of enemies being knocked down, so odds are extremely good that if a player is doing a melee next to one, they're intending to do a ground finisher.

i think Ground Finishers are reliable? i do one when i want to do one and rarely do when i don't.

in Duviri however, Enemies actively dodge them, so it makes it hard to perform them. but that's a part of the challenge i guess? to get to them fast enough to hit them with the Ground Finisher before they dodge.

1 minute ago, Sloth45 said:

I dunno, having a knocked down enemy nearby at all forcing a ground finisher sounds like it would work for me- There are fairly few sources of enemies being knocked down, so odds are extremely good that if a player is doing a melee next to one, they're intending to do a ground finisher.

I'm a card-carrying member of the Ground Finishers Fan Club,  but even I think forced ground finishers is a vile, vile idea. :P

3 hours ago, taiiat said:

i think Ground Finishers are reliable? i do one when i want to do one and rarely do when i don't.

in Duviri however, Enemies actively dodge them, so it makes it hard to perform them. but that's a part of the challenge i guess? to get to them fast enough to hit them with the Ground Finisher before they dodge.

I don't think I've ever seen an enemy trying to dodge them? Not in Duviri, but in the Circuit. Enemies get knocked down, I stand in front of them while they try to stand up, I look at them, I melee, and 4 times out of 5 I whiff with a regular melee attack. It's a pain.

3 hours ago, Tiltskillet said:

I'm a card-carrying member of the Ground Finishers Fan Club,  but even I think forced ground finishers is a vile, vile idea. :P

Probably. But as long as it works, and my circuit degrees aren't completely wasted on buggy mechanics, I'd be happy.

3 hours ago, Sloth45 said:

I don't think I've ever seen an enemy trying to dodge them? Not in Duviri, but in the Circuit.

oh, well you said Duviri in your OP Post, so i mentioned Duviri because you did.

3 hours ago, Sloth45 said:

Enemies get knocked down, I stand in front of them while they try to stand up, I look at them, I melee, and 4 times out of 5 I whiff with a regular melee attack. It's a pain.

i don't have any suggestions, all i know is it seems to work for me and i don't know of any "secret tricks" or anything like that.

• 4 months later...

The newest update seems to have "fixed" this issue but I think it's clearly swung too far in the wrong direction.

I never had problems executing ground finishers before. Now that it's an interact input instead of a melee input, I'm now finding myself parazon-ing neighboring enemies instead of piling on top of the hapless enemies I've put on the floor.

For context, I use a Prolonged Paralysis Valkyr that's built around scooping up enemies and pummeling them.

This is an excellent thread that goes into greater detail about it. Please consider adding this as a game option to revert.