The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The new Yareli augment looks to be really good...

Hexerin

2 minutes ago, Skoomaseller said:

Instead they made this augment which doesn't actually solve the problem. 

I mean, you can get through low doors while not having to drop your barrier and then wasting energy having to reapply it.  On top of that, you don't have to deal with mobility issues of K-drives compared to standard bullet jumping.

Sounds like problem solved to me.

5 minutes ago, Hexerin said:

You can't equip multiple augments to the same ability, so you won't be able to use Merulina Guardian while using Loyal Merulina.

So I know this might be a foreign concept to Yareli mains, but primary and melee weapons exist too. 😁

1 minute ago, Skoomaseller said:

Ah, missed that first sentence in the mod description. Very well, you give up the DPS boost but gain full access to your arsenal. 

Yup, it's a pretty big trade-off. Instead of the crazy fire rate and reload speed on secondaries (you still have the massive crit boost from her passive at least), you get automatic Sea Snares on a 2 second cooldown with no energy cost and the ability to utilize Helminth properly (which will likely be injected over Sea Snares itself). Being able to use Helminth properly can probably offset the loss of Merulina Guardian's buffs, due to the variety of offensive buffs that are available through it.

• Like 1

Just now, PR1D3 said:

Yeah, Yareli has problems but a Band-Aid augment for a setup non yareli players been deluding themselves as the ultimate solution to her downsides that completely spits on what makes her unique ain't it.

aparently DE think it is, I will bump you on this once the 2024 statistics are out and we will see if they go down, stay the same or go up, my money is on up.

• Like 1

I never had issues with her K-Drive. Her base k-drive speed is as fast as a sprint so you can easily keep up with people and if need be you can easily double jump and air dodge. You can then "sprint" when you have a nice clear area to blast past people.

• Like 1

Just now, _Anise_ said:

the 2023 stats are out and Yareli useage is abysmal, Dageth that has been out a fraction of the time Yareli has is already almost caught upto her usage statistics for 2023, I think they listened to the people interested in Yareli and most of the echo chamber is about how much people dislike kdrive

Yes I am aware. Just disappointed they took the easy way out and not the high road to actually making Yareli less janky and/or restrictive. 

But it is what it is. I am just one Yareli main vs the voice of probably thousands. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Raarsi said:

mean, you can get through low doors while n

Skoomaseller L2P issue, you get through doors with K-drive yarelli the same way you revive people, go operator xD

jokes aside you shouldn't have to go operator todo either !

Edited by _Anise_
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, _Anise_ said:

Skoomaseller L2P issue, you get through doors with K-drive yarelli the same way you revive people, go operator xD

jokes aside you shouldn't have to go operator todo either !

Yea just do a slide crouch and you get lower to the ground with a funny spin while you're at it. Style.

1 minute ago, Tiltskillet said:

It'd be funny if Yareli loses the DR and knockdown protection with the augment.

they already showed a gameplay clip, the usual DR meter is active bottom right when meurlina is summoned, I wouldn't care if they removed knockdown protection as a tradeoff

Just now, Tiltskillet said:

It'd be funny if Yareli loses the DR and knockdown protection with the augment.

She's still got the DR based on the preview demonstration. I would be surprised if she retains her knockdown immunities, however.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Raarsi said:

I mean, you can get through low doors while not having to drop your barrier and then wasting energy having to reapply it.  On top of that, you don't have to deal with mobility issues of K-drives compared to standard bullet jumping.

Sounds like problem solved to me.

I know, and it's likely that most people who don't play Yareli would agree with you, but to me it's like buying a new car when your current one breaks down instead of fixing it yourself. Mind you I'm not trying to dramatize anything, I'm just disappointed. At the same time though I welcome more people who'll finally pick Yareli, just a little sad they won't be using Merulina the way it was intended (understandably so).

6 minutes ago, Raarsi said:

So I know this might be a foreign concept to Yareli mains, but primary and melee weapons exist too. 

excuse me we are having a serious discussion please do not use made up words like "primary" and "melee" 

• Like 6

8 minutes ago, Skoomaseller said:

Yes I am aware. Just disappointed

well on the bright side if her usage statistics go up there might be more voices to ask for kdrive improvements, then they might do "something" for her prime release too

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, _Anise_ said:

well on the bright side if her usage statistics go up there might be more voices to ask for kdrive improvements, then they might do "something" for her prime release too

Possibly but it will likely be due to the augment which kinda hides the issues with kdrives.

Also waiting for her Prime which will come out probably in 2026 for a chance to get a crumb of change or improvements:

killing-joke-joker-laugh-dc-comics.jpg?q

Edited by Skoomaseller
  • Like 1

Honestly, this is a brilliant Augment; it feels like a much better version of Nezha and Zephyr's augments that remove their passives.  Players who like Yareli as she is can still play her without this augment, but players who would like to play Yareli without K-driving can use this mod for a different experience.  Everyone wins!

• Like 2

hace 23 minutos, Skoomaseller dijo:

No. It's a mixed bag.

It's partly skill in mastering movement on Yareli, and partly fighting the tileset itself, because even a Yareli main like myself can recognize the fact that normal tilesets were not created with vehicle use in mind. It's yet another case of poor execution of a neat idea by DE. 

I have asked DE countless times to at the very least reduce her hitbox height like they did with necramechs only for it to fall on deaf ears. Instead they made this augment which doesn't actually solve the problem. 

sigh

Well, I am not a Yareli main, but even tho I agree some tilesets are horrible, I haven't had that much problem. If I bump across an area where Merulina can't pass through, I hop off, bullet jump and hop on again and keep on riding; taking full advantage of her 4 secs of invulnerability while doing so. Nothing is an issue when the solution is there, every other Yareli main I asked told me something like this and even gave me some tricks to deal with outdated tilesets. There will be more mobility freedom in next update, so that may help, but doesn't mean that she needs it in first place, it depends on the player.

1 minute ago, Rigtis said:

If I bump across an area where Merulina can't pass through, I hop off, bullet jump and hop on again and keep on riding; taking full advantage of her 4 secs of invulnerability while doing so. 

this is what I mean by fighting the tileset lol

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, UnstarPrime said:

Honestly, this is a brilliant Augment; it feels like a much better version of Nezha and Zephyr's augments that remove their passives.  Players who like Yareli as she is can still play her without this augment, but players who would like to play Yareli without K-driving can use this mod for a different experience.  Everyone wins!

oVZJU42.jpg

(pitchforks down please I'm joking)

• Like 1

hace 9 minutos, Skoomaseller dijo:

this is what I mean by fighting the tileset lol

If they wanted to do something about that, they could modify Merulina physics so it doesn't feel like riding a bouncing rubber ball instead of surfing.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Rigtis said:

If they wanted to do something about that, they could modify Merulina physics so it doesn't feel like riding a bouncing rubber ball instead of surfing.

it... does? never really felt like that to me lol. is this the general consensus? 

• Like 1

hace 2 minutos, Skoomaseller dijo:

it... does? never really felt like that to me lol. is this the general consensus? 

When it bumps on a ledge, bounces and slowly rises up then back to the ground, I can even hear the "boing" sfx in my head.

Edited by Rigtis
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, Skoomaseller said:

I will agree to it feeling like she is bouncing off the walls in tight tile sets to the point where it is sometimes just faster to get off the k-drive for me!

12 minutes ago, Rigtis said:

bounces and slowly rises up then back to the ground

there are still floors where it clips and just sinks into the ground and gets stuck

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Skoomaseller said:

just muddies her identity

Every time I see this sentiment, I disagree with it so much that I cannot even begin to be able to see it from the other perspective.  The idea that players are beholden to some "frame identity" and must play that frame a certain way holds no weight or water for me.  Your Yareli is yours.  My warframes are mine.  They have the identity I give them through modding and playstyle.  Lore that barely exists holds zero sway over the mechanics of how I use my arsenal.  She isn't a "kdrive" frame to me.  She's a frame that has the 4 abilities she has, and modding changes how those get used and if they get used at all. 

The opinion that people that don't like Kdrives shouldn't play her completely ignores the rest of what she does, as if everything is centered around the frame depicted in a comic book.  The frames from the lore in the game don't even do what they do IN the game.  Nova's "identity" from her Leverian entries depicts a frame that can portal through walls, which we straight up can't even do.  I like the toolkit she has, other than the fact that Kdrive controls are hot garbage, there are zero tilesets that aren't horrible to use one in, and she's massively restricted to what she can do while on Merulina.  There is nothing about her identity that fixes or mitigates any of that.  As if that wasn't bad enough, being on a Kdrive for a long period of time makes me want to see how far I can get a pen into both ears so I don't have to hear that droning noise from the Kdrive every time she moves.

Like, how far are we taking this "identity" thing?  Am I supposed to play Baruuk as a pacifist until my restraint is all the way gone?  Just stand there AFKing with elude on, putting enemies to sleep, annoying the crap out of my team until that magic moment when the frame identity allows me to attack?  Thematic, yes.  But also an extremely ineffective way to play.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, _Anise_ said:

aparently DE think it is, I will bump you on this once the 2024 statistics are out and we will see if they go down, stay the same or go up, my money is on up.

That's the messed up part. If she maintains the DR while its active it possibly could. And if it does, it solidifies the change and tone with her going forward.

• Like 1

hace 11 minutos, MrDugan dijo:

Every time I see this sentiment, I disagree with it so much that I cannot even begin to be able to see it from the other perspective.  The idea that players are beholden to some "frame identity" and must play that frame a certain way holds no weight or water for me.  Your Yareli is yours.  My warframes are mine.  They have the identity I give them through modding and playstyle.  Lore that barely exists holds zero sway over the mechanics of how I use my arsenal.  She isn't a "kdrive" frame to me.  She's a frame that has the 4 abilities she has, and modding changes how those get used and if they get used at all. 

The opinion that people that don't like Kdrives shouldn't play her completely ignores the rest of what she does, as if everything is centered around the frame depicted in a comic book.  The frames from the lore in the game don't even do what they do IN the game.  Nova's "identity" from her Leverian entries depicts a frame that can portal through walls, which we straight up can't even do.  I like the toolkit she has, other than the fact that Kdrive controls are hot garbage, there are zero tilesets that aren't horrible to use one in, and she's massively restricted to what she can do while on Merulina.  There is nothing about her identity that fixes or mitigates any of that.  As if that wasn't bad enough, being on a Kdrive for a long period of time makes me want to see how far I can get a pen into both ears so I don't have to hear that droning noise from the Kdrive every time she moves.

Like, how far are we taking this "identity" thing?  Am I supposed to play Baruuk as a pacifist until my restraint is all the way gone?  Just stand there AFKing with elude on, putting enemies to sleep, annoying the crap out of my team until that magic moment when the frame identity allows me to attack?  Thematic, yes.  But also an extremely ineffective way to play.

It's not about "identity", is about gameplay. Each frame has something that makes them unique in some way, and without that, they are just mindless terminators like in any generic shooter game. Something that distinguish WF from the rest of shooters is the inner personality that each frame has, as it was elaborated in the Second Dream with Umbra. They are not mere power suits, they are still alive and their idle animations are proof of their personality. If every frame was the same, then why would we have 50+ options?

It's like I always say, if you cannot play a frame properly, then drop it and move on. Don't try to force an ideology of how a frame should be played based only on your own experience. 

Edited by Rigtis
  • Like 2