The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Crowdsourcing a Warframe Tierlist - Community Survey (+ Giveaway)

5 hours ago, Xzorn said:

Mostly surprised with Gauss hype in S. Beating Rhino and Nova? C'mon guys.
Also surprised Ivara wasn't at the bottom. I like her but she's not built for this game.

Not surprised on Chroma with what I read on these forums. Even with two abilities he still crushes the game which is funny to me.

Well he does have massive DR and one-tap hard CC (freeze) in Redline, also he can do a bit of nuking as well with his 3 iirc with the right build, I'd say A would be the minimum but he can probably also qualify for S because of the sheer cohesiveness of his kit, hell his 3 with Thermal Transfer can even buff the damage of his allies.

At least that's what what I understand of Gauss' kit, I don't really use him because I don't really enjoy keeping Redline up though.

6 hours ago, Xzorn said:

Mostly surprised with Gauss hype in S. Beating Rhino and Nova? C'mon guys.

Gauss is a better cohesive package than either of those.

Gauss gets:

1. A speed ability (that can also group with an augment)
  2. A DR ability that can reach 100% DR, generate energy (albeit at a modest rate), and prevents knockdowns
  3. A combo CC/DPS/Armor Strip ability. Like you could delete the rest of his kit and he'd be superb with just this (with the obvious caveat that you'd still have the effects granted to it by Redline)
  4. A self buff ability

Gauss just has a bit of everything.

• Like 2

On 2024-03-10 at 8:44 AM, Aldain said:

I wonder how long it'll be before people come in here complaining/coping about Loki being believed by many to be a lower tier and madly ranting about how good Safeguard Switch is despite other frames being able to be similarly durable without needing to spam a clunky ability every 6 to 9 seconds...

Have you seen a lot of people madly ranting about how great Safeguard Switch is?   :P

My thoughts on what I'd personally change:

Hot take, Octavia move down into A tier. As much as invis is really good for her from a survival perspective there are some major drawbacks with a glass-cannon frame like Octavia using Invis as her crutch like fire eximus units burning her to death.

On that same vein move up Loki. Like, what does Ash provide other than armor strip and a shorter invis than Loki? Armor strip is plentiful already and invis is well invis. Loki deserves to be higher due to have a longer invis duration than Ash if for nothing else. Maybe even move Ash down a tier as well.

Revanant I find amusing to be up in S tier, yes he has other tools beyond invuln but they aren't plentiful enough to really warrant being better than the A-listers.

C tier, oh boy there is a ton to unpack here:

Banshee, move up a tier, CC, dmg scaling armor strip etc. Way too much to note. Could even be all the way up in A.

Nyx, move up. Perma invuln is possible, armor AND shield strip?! Good passive to boot as well.

Valkyr and Trin I'd move up with the other B-listers. They still have tools even if others get access to them. But they are bordering B so I'll give that the benefit of doubt.

Rest of C are fair, they still have abilities.

A and B tiers are solid lists there, might move some around within their respective tier so no complaints there.

Looking at my rework list I made I said Limbo Atlas and Oberon should be up on the rework block for one reason or another next so seeing them on the bottom doesn't surprise me one bit other than my poor Nyx hanging out with them down there.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Tiltskillet said:

Have you seen a lot of people madly ranting about how great Safeguard Switch is?   :P

Not that many, but I'm reasonable enough to admit my disdain for Switch Teleport still being a standalone ability that needs an augment to even do something remotely worthwhile gives me a very biased stance on the matter.

Abilities that NEED an Augment to function in a remotely reasonable fashion shouldn't be a thing imo.

50 minutes ago, Arbitrary said:

Gauss is a better cohesive package than either of those.

Gauss gets:

1. A speed ability (that can also group with an augment)
  2. A DR ability that can reach 100% DR, generate energy (albeit at a modest rate), and prevents knockdowns
  3. A combo CC/DPS/Armor Strip ability. Like you could delete the rest of his kit and he'd be superb with just this (with the obvious caveat that you'd still have the effects granted to it by Redline)
  4. A self buff ability

Gauss just has a bit of everything.

Compared to:

Rhino who's literally immortal. Buffs the group by 3x / 6x for DoTs. with far stronger CC. There's no comparison there.
Nova with 95% DR to everything, 2x damage Speed or Slow. Nova could be comparable if crazy group survival value.

30 minutes ago, Xzorn said:

Rhino who's literally immortal. Buffs the group by 3x / 6x for DoTs. with far stronger CC. There's no comparison there.

Buffing weapons is nice. Gauss has a base 12m AoE nuke that ignores LoS and doesn't have restrictive modding requirements. Hmm, buff my weapons, or nuke enemies, tough choice.
Gauss is "immortal" too. Oh nooo, he has a slight issue with toxin damage.
"Stronger CC" Sir, Gauss has a freeze. Not just a cold proc, a freeze. Rhino's CC is "stronger" because Rhino Stomp gets to benefit being bugged to bypass Overguard. Do we really want to base tiering off of obviously unintended behavior?

34 minutes ago, Xzorn said:

Nova with 95% DR to everything, 2x damage Speed or Slow. Nova could be comparable if crazy group survival value.

Guess you missed the fact that Null Star is capped at 90% DR. Also be real, Null Star has very restrictive modding requirements and needs an augment to be passable.
"Nova could be comparable if crazy group survival value." Oh hey, Gauss has a slow too. His gets to be a 100% slow 😃. Also you know, he can just be killing everything too.

2x damage is cool, but last I checked, armor strip was a far better damage multiplier. Unless you're struggling with Corpus I guess. Might have bigger issues if that's what's happening.
Speeding up enemies is a means to the end of killing enemies faster. I wonder if Gauss has a way to skip the middle man and go directly to killing enemies faster.

12 hours ago, Arbitrary said:

-Snip-

Roar works on pretty much everything. Ability damage included.
Vulnerable to Toxic / Magnetic and their statuses. Thanks to just minimal Shield Gating only Toxic damage at the perfect time could kill Rhino.
Not saying Stomp is better because of a bug. I'm saying it's better because it's base 25m Vs 12m. Freeze 6s base Vs Stomp 8s.

Nova DR was considering a Tau Armor Shard along with QT efficiency. It's variable from 95% to 97.3%.
Yes she has restrictive modding unless you play the Shield Gate game and she's dated so a Helmith suits her well so I'm not going to push on that.

It's just a little silly to me Gauss being S Tier. Rev is much worse though which is why I made that sly Wukong comment.
So many posts about Wukong rework and people pretty much went right back to do nothing Defy version 2.0.