The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nidus aged like Fine Kabuchi.

Prof-Dante

12 hours ago, UnstarPrime said:

With respect, why on earth would you feel like you should stop at one frame?

For me it’s because I hate switching to anything. I find a main, commit, have fun with them, etc.. 

14 hours ago, Qorvex99 said:

I think the problem here is that I hunger (and I mean every meaning of that word) for experimentation, I consume a LOT of Forma, most of my Warframes have at least 10 to 18, and my most forma dipped in one frame is 43...but once that Warframe is completely figured out, and maxed, I kind of abandon it, because I can't experiment with it further anymore.

I can relate, tbf you can always experiment with your “main frame.” Sure you can have that one build for everything, but meme builds are just as viable. 

9 hours ago, Ace-Bounty-Hunter said:

My only concern is his damage. DE has a poor track record when it comes to the scaling of exalted weapons and abilities. Especially against Steel Path mobs. I'd like him to be a decent all rounder rather than an Overguard bot.

I was concerned with this too, it seems more like a modable pseudo exalted then rather a pure draining ability exalted. A one tap to buff abilities per se, instead of the traditional exalted weapons like Excalibur’s sword. 

I think you might like Dante too, Qorvex, his kit screams experimentation (one I’m excited for). May I ask, what is your playstyle like? What do you find interesting in games?

Just now, Qorvex99 said:

the only good thing to come out of being constantly logged out of the forums.

This is terrible, ever since the merge I was never able to get the Garuda glyph from my switch account… now that I think of it… is it even available in the forums?

I will attempt to bypass this fault.

1 hour ago, Aruquae said:

This is terrible, ever since the merge I was never able to get the Garuda glyph from my switch account… now that I think of it… is it even available in the forums?

Imagine doing the account link and losing your old Forum account. Now I don't have a glyph period. 

I log out and back in but no change. 

I'm forever a Default Gray Lotus Glyph now it seems. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Aerikx said:

Imagine doing the account link and losing your old Forum account. Now I don't have a glyph period. 

I log out and back in but no change. 

I'm forever a Default Gray Lotus Glyph now it seems. 

That is exactly what happened to me… (glyph wise, for some reason my history is still there I think)

My PC forum account is gone, but the glyph stayed. Hopefully there’ll be a fix. Right? Right?

My only problem with Nidus is he only has 6 total slots to fashion him with. Dude has so many good looks. But yeah he's pretty fun and you can make so many different builds utilizing his Augments and Helminth

2 hours ago, TeaHands said:

you can make so many different builds utilizing his Augments and Helminth

I'm really conflicted between Insatiable, Abundant mutation and parasitic vitality.

without Insatiable, it takes forever to build 300 stacks, and without Abundant mutation, Parasitic vitality won't give me that huge 7k+ health based on my calculations.
not to mention the terrible 30 second cooldown for passive that AM limits me with.

I can use all three but my power range goes from 250% to just 145% which is not ideal for Larva.

it's not really that I need that much health with Nidus, I just liked the idea of scaling, and having 300 stacks sounds so cool, it's like one of those mid anime characters with their own power system that they somehow break by landing a punch with 1000000% power. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Qorvex99 said:

I'm really conflicted between Insatiable, Abundant mutation and parasitic vitality.

without Insatiable, it takes forever to build 300 stacks, and without Abundant mutation, Parasitic vitality won't give me that huge 7k+ health based on my calculations.
not to mention the terrible 30 second cooldown for passive that AM limits me with.

I can use all three but my power range goes from 250% to just 145% which is not ideal for Larva.

it's not really that I need that much health with Nidus, I just liked the idea of scaling, and having 300 stacks sounds so cool, it's like one of those mid anime characters with their own power system that they somehow break by landing a punch with 1000000% power. 

I'm not sure how much I'm going to utilize Parasitic Vitality. Mainly because it seems like it only works with other players Parasite'd and I'm primarily a solo player. Unless I'm mistaken. But yeah there's a lot of give an take with the sheer amount of Augments that he has that can work with each other.

I would honestly sacrifice his Power Strength before Range. Mainly because I feel like Range gives him way more influence on the field than Power Strength does thanks to his Maggots and Larva.

But that's the fun part isn't it? Getting to go in game and see what makes these builds shine in the most ridiculous way possible.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ReddyDisco said:

Fashionframe is my main, frame abilities don't matter much if i like the look of them, can make anything work anywhere

And this is why no matter how fun they are to play, I can't get into invisible frames T-T

Edited by UnstarPrime
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, UnstarPrime said:

And this is why no matter how fun they are to play, I can't get into invisible frames T-T

I do play ivara without invisibility, it may not be intended way but i get to see my fashion which is important 

Nidus is a firm favourite for me too. At the moment I particularly enjoy Teeming Virulence combined with the Hema.

I missed the dev stream so don't know about this new augment.

My only complaints about his kit really come from his fourth ability: that the heal rate doesn't scale, and you can't take the infested garden with you. I'd happily see an augment that creates the effect in an aura around the player with a reduced range or something.

Edited by Nira
  • Like 1

On 2024-02-28 at 1:43 AM, Aldain said:

Talks about Main Warframes always make me feel odd because I just unga-bunga with Umbra (Umbra-bunga if you will) and slam my face into things until I win.

Who needs fancy CC or room clearing nukes or multiple interlocking mechanics when you've got THE SWOOSH.

Game is pretty much unga bunga these days.
I remember I made a video of old Wolf of Saturn pre-nerf with me just standing perfectly still and shooting him in the face for 2 minutes.

Don't ever pick a main *cries Nyx tears*.

Some frames I just don't get like Revenaunt. Old Wukong Immortal Defy. Community ranting "When Wukong rework so boring".
Oh how the turns have tabled.

16 hours ago, Qorvex99 said:

Abundant mutation and parasitic vitality.

Hear me out… these two for extra stacks+health. You won’t be able to use normal vitality, so you can drop that if you have it. 
He doesn’t need much strength, his major priority is range. You could also get rid of efficiency as he’s not energy hungry (as half of his abilities cost energy). 
Either way you can experiment and see for yourself which build you like better

2 hours ago, Aruquae said:

Hear me out… these two for extra stacks+health. You won’t be able to use normal vitality, so you can drop that if you have it. 
He doesn’t need much strength, his major priority is range. You could also get rid of efficiency as he’s not energy hungry (as half of his abilities cost energy). 
Either way you can experiment and see for yourself which build you like better

Yeah, I really want to try scaling playstyle so I'm going to drop insatiable, loosing the exponential Mutation increase is harsh, but I get cool scaling gameplay.

and it doesn't stop there! 

I got him Arcane blessing for 1200 health, Two topaz shards for 900.

he doesn't need all that, but I do lol  

• Like 3

2024/2/28 AM4点04分 , Qorvex99 说:

总有一天我保证我会选择一个主要的战甲,之前是高斯,昨天是伏特,但今天是尼杜斯......我想有很多不同的主题是我喜欢的。

最近因为新的增强 Nidus 开始玩他,我喜欢扩展原始力量的想法,他的硬核出没主题很吸引我,Nidus 是游戏中最糟糕的战甲之一,他的套件中没有盔甲条或病毒程序,只有纯粹的扩展能力。

我使用的构建给了我 250% 的射程和 298% 的力量,这要归功于碎片。我使用丰富的突变来最大程度地扩展,并且贪得无厌地更快地到达那里,尽管当寄生生命力下降时,我会为此而贪得无厌。

蜕皮增强了更多的缩放,我很惊讶他的技能伤害有多好,在钢铁路径上也是如此。
现在,我对 Nidus 的批评和我的赞美是一样的,他非常擅长缩放,以至于他非常直率和一维......他是最不通用的战甲之一,这没什么大不了的,他仍然很棒。

我真正讨厌的另一件事是,我永远无法使用寄生链接的力量和伤害版本,因为我唯一一次在小队中玩的时候是当我升级某些东西时,我通常不会施放任何技能。

I think DE can change the link of Nidus to long press and short press to selectively obtain it

4 hours ago, LIrun_233 said:

I think DE can change the link of Nidus to long press and short press to selectively obtain it

I was thinking about making a post on this, giving that they did the same with Eclipse.

On 2/27/2024 at 2:10 PM, UnstarPrime said:

I would rather that you didn't settle on a main.  It's fun seeing all the things that you get excited about, and ain't nothing wrong with indulging in the spice of life.

I second that. We have load outs. I personally have a particular role i play in these games and gravitate to gear for it. So i essentially have more of a pantheon of frames I use, with unique tailored load outs where I could swap between factions without changing weapons or the build on said weapon. I tend to have “projects” of testing if an item is truly worthless. I personally have 4 atm. Updates that add new items end up making me reset a handful of stuff, so a good chunk goes back through development to double check for improvements.

• 2 months later...