Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Entry 4 - New Lotus

[DE]George

Hi everyone,

A lot of you already know that we have been wanting to update the sound of the Lotus for quite a while now.  Currently there are about 3-4 different versions of her in the game (depending on who you ask).  We have developed a brand new sound for her that is applied at run-time in the game engine that will give her a unique and dynamic flavour.  However, this necessitates us re-recording all her lines.

We just wanted to keep you all up-to-date with the progress, and I am happy to report that we have re-recorded almost all of her lines so far (over 300!).  Next step is for us to edit them, then we have to hook them all up in the engine in place of the old lines.

We are also going to be looking at all those nasty bugs you have been reporting... like the "It's the Grineer" when there are no Grineer around and referring to planets as "ships", etc...

Watch this space and we will let you know when the new lines have been edited and are going into the engine.

Also what about lines like... here is the assassination target... when encountering mining machines...

Ash: *Not very lively for a target*

And something's wrong there's a heavy unit approaching. 

In some ways you probably don't want Captain obvious or someone that nags you. But more provides informed warnings. 

i.e. "1 target down" (out of 2 cap targets) is more helpful to the team than "Don't lose that target".

Also detecting ice after we've "detected" ice for more than a minute is obsolete. >.<

sorrryy!!!1 >.<

Edited by NetSlayer

Any plans for improving the context relevance of the lines? a lot of the lines don't make sense, mentions ships while on planetary outpost etc, needs ship/outpost/planet/tower/gas platform/whatever variables I guess to the relevant lines.

Edited by KriLL3

Yeah I can agree that having Lotus nag us with non-essential info is kind of annoying. Saying "there's a heavy unit approaching" is vague for starters, but she also says it too often. "Heavy Napalm" would help more. "A large number of heavies are incoming, watch out" helps us keep an eye out.

"It's the Grineer" is (I know I'm gonna get **** for this) but it's pointless to say when you're on a Grineer ship or zone controlled by Grineer. We know there's Grineer. We're in a Grineer controlled sector. We chose to fight the Grineer. We don't need Lotus to tell us "It's the Grineer"...

More specific info about actual threats or objectives would help. Less frequency of the same lines being repeated. A lot of work, but multiple (at least two or three) variations of the same line to keep it fresh and not make us want to mute Lotus after a couple days of playing. 

Sorry Rebecca. 

Edited by DavidSPD

Maybe having lotus tell us the weak points of bosses? Clues like: you won't be able to damage krill much when his shield generator is still functional. Or: Ruk is heavily armored, but his extensive weaponry and modifications need to cool off, strike then!

Would give a bit of insight as to how to beat bosses for newbies for one, and make her more helpful than just background noise.

We are also going to be looking at all those nasty bugs you have been reporting... like the "It's the Grineer" when there are no Grineer around and referring to planets as "ships", etc...

You can't just remove her catch phrase! "It's the Grineer!"