Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Entry 4 - New Lotus

[DE]George

So, with this new sound filtering system for Lotus' voice, you'll be able to change the filter at any time without having to rerecord all of her lines? Does that mean the filter could be applied in different ways for the same lines of dialogue?

So, with this new sound filtering system for Lotus' voice, you'll be able to change the filter at any time without having to rerecord all of her lines? Does that mean the filter could be applied in different ways for the same lines of dialogue?

Exactly, they could make parts of it randomized to simulate interference etc.

Edited by KriLL3

We are also going to be looking at all those nasty bugs you have been reporting... like the "It's the Grineer" when there are no Grineer around and referring to planets as "ships", etc...

How about in survival when they turn off life support....on a planet's surface.  And then you run around turning on oxygen capsules....outside.  Always cracks me up.  But great news about the new lotus stuff!  I absolutely love the new lotus picture!  Really looking forward to the new lines.

Thanks George. Give Rebecca Lotus a cookie for all the hard work!

Not a cookie! Ice Cream or something soothing like a smoothie because over 300 lines of pure talking (and assuming they make her repeat the lines over and over to find a good one) is hard on a persons vocals O.o Good job guys! Loving everything so far!

How about in survival when they turn off life support....on a planet's surface.  And then you run around turning on oxygen capsules....outside.  Always cracks me up.  But great news about the new lotus stuff!  I absolutely love the new lotus picture!  Really looking forward to the new lines.

THIS! This needs to be fixed it's always bugged me that they some how switch off a planets life support.

Please George, please... When recording Lotus lines, let Rebecca emote... Sure it can show the Valley Girl lotus that you certainly don't want, but when you ask her to repress the accent, she tries so hard that she becomes completely lifeless. I don't believe what you want is your game to be guided by a completely lifeless voice during the whole experience.. And her deal is not that she doesn't care about the experience, no, the problem is that she have so much trouble holding on Valley Girl Lotus inside that it becomes just plain robotic. (And yes, she's an AI, but trust me, you don't want your whole game to be guided by a robot.)

Also, totally relevant (More for the Writer then the Voice Acting Director):

http://www.penny-arcade.com/patv/episode/word-choice

(And yes, she's an AI, but trust me, you don't want your whole game to be guided by a robot.)

Really? I'm more than fine with robotic support Lotus. not everybody wants to constantly focus on Lotus when we're trying to play, but giving info that we can use is wanted/appreciated.

I prefer this new voice. So yeah, I do want my whole game to be guided by a robot.

And before someone tries to quote me and call me a rusher.... I play single player 95% of the time, I leave all the sounds on (except music because there's like... one song) and I take my time. Sometimes I get distracted and just explore etc. I take my time in each mission, but I STILL prefer to get essential information in a neutral, serious tone over the previous "giggly" optimistic Lotus.

Edited by DavidSPD

Also please look into the timing/use of the lotus' lines on mobile defense, they're pretty wonky, she can ask you to find another terminal before you've found one, and after you've done both on grineer and next is the pod, she says you've found a terminal and asks you to use it after you've done so sometimes etc.