The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Which Sentinel Weapons are good and which are bad?

_LordIan_

Question

So, sentinel weapons take a companion slot and I couldn't find a tier list or guide or anything that's up to date and states which of these weapons are good to keep and which are just wasted inventory space so I'm looking for anyone capable of giving me a reliable list of "this one is good, this one is trash" because I don't want to spend plat for this and I think that would be public utility. Thank you.

11 answers to this question

18 minutes ago, _LordIan_ said:

So, sentinel weapons take a companion slot and I couldn't find a tier list or guide or anything that's up to date and states which of these weapons are good to keep and which are just wasted inventory space so I'm looking for anyone capable of giving me a reliable list of "this one is good, this one is trash" because I don't want to spend plat for this and I think that would be public utility. Thank you.

Good:

• Verglas
  • Helstrum
  • Deconstructor Prime

Bad/Mediocre/Niche:

• the rest of them

This isn't meant to offend anyone.  It's just what I've found in my own usage.  I am certainly open to differing opinions.

• Like 2

Verglas is only the best sentinel weapon if you're expecting them to do damage, and it's still not a killer amount of damage.  Many use sentinel weapons as primers and crowd control.

The Helstrum is best at this.  Burst fire rockets, with multishot means it fires about 8 rockets at a time.  All have good homing.  They apply status on hit and explosion, which means 16 statuses at once, and it can be easily modded for guaranteed status on each hit.  The small AOE on hit means that it can slap status on groups.

Corrosive, cold and radiation placed on the weapon along with the Shivering contagion mod lets you lock down a large area, enough that this weapon on a sentinel can be a major hinderance in something like a netracell, because that's how strong the potential CC on it is.  

It's not that there are no other usable sentinel weapons, but these two are the only two you need.  Since having my sentinel do damage isn't something I'm concerned with, I basically only run my Helstrum these days.

• Like 1

I think it's basically Verglas and Helstrum.  I prefer Helstrum overall for utility, but Verglas is competitive with it and much better at killing things.    (I don't really care about my pets killing things though.)

Vulklok has a niche use as a Tenacious Bond statstick.  Deconstructor is decent at killing  if you like using Helios, though still not as good as Verglas except maybe at low-ish levels.  If any of the other weapons have niches, I'd love to hear about them. 

But I think sentinel weapons may look a lot different once the second part of the Companion rework happens.   Whether that happens soon or not is anybody's guess.

• Like 4

Iv been using a Djinn with the Helstrum since the weapon got implemented into the game. The Djinn's 60m range combined with the servo's guidance allows my Sentinel to start priming enemies at a long distance.

My current build has 135% stats chance, could go up to 159% if i replace Primed Firestorm with HammerShot and its able to apply Viral, Radiation and Heat to groups of enemies. Due to its incredibly low fire rate, it can also benefit from Internal Bleeding for 70% chance to apply a Slash proc too with every hit.

• Like 1

It depends on if you want to use Tenacious Bond for 1.2X  final crit multiplier for you Tenno weapons or work on other builds without use of that mod. 

For Tenacious Bond I've a few that can achieve the requisite 50% crit chance conditional. 

1.Vulklok - needs no riven fires once every 2 seconds. Slow but will achieve 50% CC. 

2. Multron - faster fire rate can spread status and achieve 50% CC with a good riven. 

3. Deth Machine Rifle Prime - much better fire rate, magazine, and reload, can spread status easily needs a riven with 250% CC to break the 50% threshold. Best in class. 

4. Verglas - unable to trigger Tenacious Bond but can deal massive DPS and prime enemies with cold for higher crit damage on affected targets due to cold stacks. Can be modded for 2+ elements. Best non-crit sentinel weapon. 

Personally I tend to prioritize fire rate and Bond mods to synergize my sentinels with my different frame load outs and some are mission dependent. 

• Like 1

Honestly I use Artax with pretty much every sentinel - the slowing effect of the Ice Beam is just too good. I don't really rely on sentinels for damage, animal companions are way better for that. 

I'm currently working on it too. That's why your topic came up on Google.
Verglas has the best performance because it stacks a lot of cold procs on the target. And other status procs are also possible.

But!
We have the mod here:
https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Tenacious_Bond
And for animals it's NP. But unfortunately there are only two weapons for it that start with "vul"***.
So, if you don't need dmg or extra status procs, it might be worth considering.

Posted (edited)
On 2024-03-05 at 4:23 PM, EggOver1979 said:

Honestly I use Artax with pretty much every sentinel - the slowing effect of the Ice Beam is just too good. I don't really rely on sentinels for damage, animal companions are way better for that. 

The slowing effect on the Artax beam has 3% base chance of occuring. EDIT: See correction below.

Compare that to Verglas or Cryotra, which have over 11 that amount.

Verglas is Arthax on steroids. It has basically same base stats as Glaxion. If you cant get it, Cryotra is still tones better than Artax.

Edited by Zakkhar

13 hours ago, Zakkhar said:

The slowing effect on the Artax beam has 3% base chance of occuring.

Artax's cold proc has a 100% chance and is separate from any additional elements.