The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Duviri Cave design is fundamentally broken

I've posted about this when Duviri was first released.  But seeing as it is still broken 10 months after it has been released, I have decided to write another post about it.

The Duviri Cave is a staging area just like our orbiter.  Matchmaking should not occur until after we pick our loadouts and indicate we are ready to play.

Even today, the current broken design still results in situations like this:

PbzTSLI.jpeg

... as well as needless waiting for late-loading players, players running off to collect plants, players off buying intrinsics, and more.

I keep trying to come back to Duviri content as the rogue-lite elements are actually somewhat enjoyable.  But the fundamental design flaw coupled with crippling bugs just drains all joy out of playing it.

• Like 7

26 minutes ago, MqToasty said:

Matchmaking should not occur until after we pick our loadouts and indicate we are ready to play.

This * ♾️.

I'd bet there  are  reasons  it wasn't done this way from the beginning.   I can even guess at one or two.   But gawd, now that they've said they're finally going to save Circuit point progress, I hope they're also willing to look at how much extra friction this lobby causes.

• Like 9

JUst curious - does your "suit" does anything? Is it like base Excal?

As for topic, does this happen often? When playing Circuit I rarely get "suit" stuff - just random weapons at most.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, quxier said:

JUst curious - does your "suit" does anything? Is it like base Excal?

As for topic, does this happen often? When playing Circuit I rarely get "suit" stuff - just random weapons at most.

I can run, jump, maybe bullet jump?  Maybe even slide kick?  But I'm definitely not surviving or killing anything without weapons or abilities, so I just quit with Alt-F4 this time.

It seemed okay for the past few weeks, but weird glitches have been really common this whole weekend.  The last time I noticed a period of unplayability was probably closer to Duviri's release.

8 minutes ago, MqToasty said:

I can run, jump, maybe bullet jump?  Maybe even slide kick?  But I'm definitely not surviving or killing anything without weapons or abilities, so I just quit with Alt-F4 this time.

Oh, so it's no abilities nor weapons. Make sense that you alt-f4

The cave should have worked like a solo hub or the orbiter. No idea why it matchmakes and groups as we enter the cave from the orbiter or dormizone. It should matchmak when we run into the portal or interact with it much like how it matchmakes when we near the gates of the open worlds, Z and labs.

• Like 1

Full agreement , there is little reason to have the matchmaking start from the cave , it would be better to have it be either a solo hub like the orbiter or drifter camp,  or just a regular hub like the relays.

I can imagine there was some thought behind it , but whatever it was feels pointless at the current state of the game.

• Like 1