The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Where's the update?

16 minutes ago, Circle_of_Psi said:
25 minutes ago, quxier said:

There are enough content to keep players play for long time. However there are not enough meaningful content.

I have hundreds of weapons (zaws/kitgun included), some amps, scan all baddies etc but those are... boring. Like I use one melee then it will be same for hundreds. Many stuff that even have certain gimmicks are not "change'able" (e.g. you cannot use mods). So something plays little differently but that's it. No more trying to make it different/better as your options are very limited.

Every new update brings something new but it's so limited that it's "finished" very quickly. They like their stuff being limited so that's why we get "content drought".

I get that

I tend to Play Warframe (or similar game types) in phases, where if an update comes out that I'm looking forward to, I'll play it, farm the frame/weapon, level then master them, but since the update has "inspired" me to play, I'll also do the backlog of frames and weapons I planned to Farm/Level as well.

For example: Dante given how he is on paper -might- become my new main, since I love floaty stuff and got into mystic lately, so I'll powerhouse the hek out of him and make him as strong as possible can, while also levelling my current main Guass Prime.

I'm not sure what DE could release that will be "meaningful content"

There are few categories that are "meaningful" so you don't drop them as soon as you max them (except subjectivity)

New modes and tileset. For example when Zariman came, I've played that tileset a lot. There were soundtapes to find, new tileset to explore, new enemy/boss to defeat. Duviri were the same. Whispers... on low scale.

New weapons & co. They can introduce new weapons, mods/arcanes or stances. New stuff have to be different.

There were matchete from Kahl update. It's forgetable because it's just +6s seconds to slash duration. It's not moddable. New Sun & moon and it's stance is just another melee. Nothing new/different.

Some of the new arcanes change our gameplay. For example Melee Crescendo let you have 12x combo for whole mission (- some recharge time). Melee influence give you AoE. Tenet exec has waves on slams. Sadly it's almost unmodable (the most mods won't affect waves). They are changing slams damage so maybe it will be changed. Rauta lets you build combo.

New frames. That's where they can shine. Build frame. Let have them good passive & abilities. No dependency (ability work on their own) but have many synergies. All or most of aspects can be moded. If ability has long duration (e.g. STyanax/4) then don't ban usage of other abilities. Abilities should be distinct.

There is more but that's on top of my head.

On 2024-03-08 at 2:28 AM, MaxTunnerX said:

Ive already forgotten what Dante is going to bring. But there was something QoL that I really liked when they announced it. Something about multiple ways to farm something or so forth.

Pretty sure relics. I'm quite excited about relics coming to all the new tile sets. It'll be a refresh of the current system. 

And new endgame. 

And new lighting. I'm really excited for this. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Arniox said:

Pretty sure relics. I'm quite excited about relics coming to all the new tile sets. It'll be a refresh of the current system. 

And new endgame. 

The most important part of the update is... No more sticky corners! 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Psianide73 said:

The most important part of the update is... No more sticky corners! 

I dont really come into contact with this but Im glad its not going to be a thing at all. Cause why the hell should it in the first place? I saw it on the devstream and it made me happy, even though I like never had that problem :D

What? No more sticky corners?  How could they possibly go through and fix every corner in the game?  Anti-Friction helps a lot with this, but maybe we're getting some form of innate anti friction or the corners are?

33 minutes ago, Lord_Drod said:

What? No more sticky corners?  How could they possibly go through and fix every corner in the game?  Anti-Friction helps a lot with this, but maybe we're getting some form of innate anti friction or the corners are?

The fix comes from soulframe. One of the engineers there came up with the fix. And the fix can be applied to warframe too. 

If it works well, that engineer deserves a big raise for it. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, quxier said:

There are few categories that are "meaningful" so you don't drop them as soon as you max them (except subjectivity)

New modes and tileset. For example when Zariman came, I've played that tileset a lot. There were soundtapes to find, new tileset to explore, new enemy/boss to defeat. Duviri were the same. Whispers... on low scale.

New Modes I say can dry out quickly if they don't have anything meaningful behind them but I did enjoy the Duviri quite a lot and spend most of my time there (when I play WF) unless I need to level.  Duviri has just that perfect itch for me and I wish the Duviri Drifter was in basic gameplay, as for new titlesets, I'll take them any day.

13 hours ago, quxier said:

New weapons & co. They can introduce new weapons, mods/arcanes or stances. New stuff have to be different.

There were matchete from Kahl update. It's forgetable because it's just +6s seconds to slash duration. It's not moddable. New Sun & moon and it's stance is just another melee. Nothing new/different.

Some of the new arcanes change our gameplay. For example Melee Crescendo let you have 12x combo for whole mission (- some recharge time). Melee influence give you AoE. Tenet exec has waves on slams. Sadly it's almost unmodable (the most mods won't affect waves). They are changing slams damage so maybe it will be changed. Rauta lets you build combo.

New weapons are subjective since you can level the weapon, make a build then move on to the next, however when they give a new weapon subtype (like the tome) then it's a little different, since you need to master what makes it tick, just a shame that the current tome weapon we have is MR Fodder Trash and it REALLY needs a huge buff.

As for Arcanes, I don't really dive into them, unless they are vital for a build, so I don't have any take on that, the only problem I have with Arcanes right now is the farm that is required and the price, but with the Whipser update, that sorta fixed that.

13 hours ago, quxier said:

New frames. That's where they can shine. Build frame. Let have them good passive & abilities. No dependency (ability work on their own) but have many synergies. All or most of aspects can be moded. If ability has long duration (e.g. STyanax/4) then don't ban usage of other abilities. Abilities should be distinct.

I share the same feelings if a Warframe is strong out of the box and has the following: good passive & abilities. No dependency and many synergies, are what makes the frame great since you'll need to level and make a decent build to get the most out of them, however, if it's just a cut n dry frame, like Mesa or AFK Wukong, then it can get stale real quick.

This is why Dante looks so good and why I'm glad it makes Mesa/Wukong players cry.

5 hours ago, (XBOX)K1jker said:

That one's really nice 😄

Indeed

Well, it is a Wednesday and at times updates have come around Tue-Friday, so we still have 2 days, but it's not looking good :(

It just feels so dumb to release an update near so many upcoming games and this PAX stuff.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Arniox said:

And new endgame. 

I'm not sure where people have gotten the new lighting thing from. All they've said about lighting was regarding the Eclipse vote, which was either rework current bugged lighting or change the skill more or less.

53 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

I'm not sure where people have gotten the new lighting thing from. All they've said about lighting was regarding the Eclipse vote, which was either rework current bugged lighting or change the skill more or less.

The lighting system used in the Entrati Labs is supposedly coming to the rest of the game in the Dante Update. It's mentioned in Devstream 176, don't have a timestamp.

They showed what the lighting system looks like in the Orbiter.

Edited by TeaHands
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Circle_of_Psi said:
16 hours ago, quxier said:

Expand  

New weapons are subjective since you can level the weapon, make a build then move on to the next, however when they give a new weapon subtype (like the tome) then it's a little different,

Sure, it's subjective but if the change is just e.g. +2 to status then that weapon won't last long. Sure, it may change what you previously used/liked.

like the tome) then it's a little different, since you need to master what makes it tick, just a shame that the current tome weapon we have is MR Fodder Trash and it REALLY needs a huge buff.

I think it just need some buff. Speed version has some killing potential. Slow version werent' good. Not sure after they have changed multisot bug.

Still, it's little bit utility weapon so it may not have to be the best.

As for Arcanes, I don't really dive into them, unless they are vital for a build, so I don't have any take on that, the only problem I have with Arcanes right now is the farm that is required and the price, but with the Whipser update, that sorta fixed that.

Yeah, farm for arcanes is sometimes bad. Whisper hasn't fixed that. It just gave you roulette. If you have tons of arcanes you can get arcanes without playing a content tied to such arcanes. Something like Eidolons or timed Duviri will be easier in Whisper-way. However you still have to do a lot of roulettes.

This is why Dante looks so good and why I'm glad it makes Mesa/Wukong players cry.

Wukong serves another purpose as well. Traversing/spie is good with Wukong. I don't see how Dante would challenge that. And Mesa has aimbot that helps in certain mission (especially solo) and again I don't think Dante has that potential.

ps. At OP:

in the news section

• March 13 (TBD): Devshorts 9
  • March 15 (11 a.m. ET): Corpus Weekend Alert #3
  • March 18 (2 p.m. ET): Prime Resurgence: Titania Prime and Gara Prime
  • March 22 (3 p.m. ET): Devstream #178 at PAX East
  • March (TBD): Dante Unbound Available on All Platforms

We can se Dante update AFTER all dates. I may read too much into it but it seems like Dante will come after 22.03. Probably 27-29

41 minutes ago, quxier said:

ps. At OP:

in the news section

We can see Dante update AFTER all dates. I may read too much into it but it seems like Dante will come after 22.03. Probably 27-29

You may be looking into this wrong since it does have a TBD and the dates look like actual set times since alerts have to be switched on and the Prime thing has a set date for the next, The same goes for the dev stream at PAX since people will be physically going there.

However, if the update doesn't come out until the 27-29th then at this point, I'm not even surprised that this level of Ignoration, they said MARCH, not the end of March or anything like that and likewise to a comment I saw, it just is all truth. (The quote below)

Honestly, when I see something this unfounded, it physically hurts me

If Dante doesn't surprise drop tomorrow I don't even know what they'll talk about in the stream...

If they are waiting for the rest of the new games to drop after the 20th well, Dumb decision. 

vor 2 Stunden schrieb Circle_of_Psi:

Indeed

Well, it is a Wednesday and at times updates have come around Tue-Friday, so we still have 2 days, but it's not looking good :(

It just feels so dumb to release an update near so many upcoming games and this PAX stuff.

Hope dies last 🥲

21 minutes ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

You may be looking into this wrong since it does have a TBD and the dates look like actual set times since alerts have to be switched on and the Prime thing has a set date for the next, The same goes for the dev stream at PAX since people will be physically going there.

However, if the update doesn't come out until the 27-29th then at this point, I'm not even surprised that this level of Ignoration, they said MARCH, not the end of March or anything like that and likewise to a comment I saw, it just is all truth. (TomerB's quote below)

Honestly, when I see something this unfounded, it physically hurts me

They said in the devstream "not the 1st nor the 30th" so releasing it on the  27-29th is almost lying  

1 hour ago, quxier said:

Sure, it's subjective but if the change is just e.g. +2 to status then that weapon won't last long. Sure, it may change what you previously used/liked.

Fair point

1 hour ago, quxier said:

I think it just need some buff. Speed version has some killing potential. Slow version werent' good. Not sure after they have changed multisot bug. Still, it's little bit utility weapon so it may not have to be the best.

It needs more than a small buff, utility or not. 

While the build I have for it isn't terrible (The Link: https://overframe.gg/build/new/6429/grimoire/?bs=WzEsNjQyOSwzMCwxLFtbNDE2LDEwLDNdLFs2MzcwLDMsMF0sWzQyNSwxMCwxXSxbNTUxNywxMCwxXSxbNjQ3OCwxMCwzXSxbNDE1LDEwLDFdLFs0MDIsNSwxXSxbNTUxOCwxMCwyXSxbMCwwLDBdLFswLDAsMF1dXQ== )

You can only get this by using End-Game mods and this is a big no-no, this weapon needs a serious buff to be steel-path viable, thankfully the other tome weapon from Dante not only has Slash as its main damage type (very strong on its own) it has 1,728 with a basic Hornet Strike and the weapon was only level 12, so it's base level might be quite high.

So either the Grim Tome weapon needs to either be switched to Slash or Void Damage and the damage needs to be buffed a lot (400-500 at level 30 at base)

1 hour ago, quxier said:

Yeah, farm for arcanes is sometimes bad. Whisper hasn't fixed that. It just gave you roulette. If you have tons of arcanes you can get arcanes without playing a content tied to such arcanes. Something like Eidolons or timed Duviri will be easier in Whisper-way. However you still have to do a lot of roulettes.

Fair enough

1 hour ago, quxier said:

Wukong serves another purpose as well. Traversing/spie is good with Wukong. I don't see how Dante would challenge that. And Mesa has aimbot that helps in certain mission (especially solo) and again I don't think Dante has that potential.

Wukong does have another purpose I know that, but I'm still gonna trash on him since he will always be AFK Wukong and Mesa is a CoD style frame.

Dante porb might not have that  potential but he's better then being a sweat

18 minutes ago, TomerB said:

They said in the devstream "not the 1st nor the 30th" so releasing it on the  27-29th is almost lying  

When did they say this, mind posting a timestamp?

Edited by Circle_of_Psi

Id rather let the devs cook than worry about dates tbh. Few days, a week, 2 weeks, it's fine. It's coming out this month. These devs fly by the seat of their pants and they still make time to interact with this community way wayyyyy more than your average company.

Getting hung up over every little detail is just asking for misery.

2 hours ago, TomerB said:

The 30th is a Saturday.  i.e., Steve was making what humans call a "joke".

• Like 3