Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

More Damooge Too Point Oh Ramblings

hyperkayak

I like the concept of damage 2.0
the CONCEPT
I do not like how it is right now.
Here come a bunch of things, lacking order (almost).

- The mod system needs to be changed: more than 2 elemental mods and you have to shuffle your cards around to get the damage type you want. Even if you can't afford it, because they're of different polarities. Add a small something to specfiy which ones you link.

- Elemental damage cards use total base damage for calculations, physical damage cards use their own base damage, even if it's ZERO. I'd like my Lanka to whack things again instead of choosing between double zap, rads, or mags.
Plus now AP (now puncture) and other physical damage cards are now super-duper inferior to any other damage card.

- "2% chance that your weapon will do what it's SUPPOSED to do (all the time)" is probably why player count spikes around fixes.
Short version: fire doesn't burn, cold doesn't slow, lightning doesn't zap. Unless you specifically mod your stuff to do so.
But wait, you can't! Base % are so low, that even +400% is only 10% total in some cases.

- The debuffing damage types (like rads and mags) are kinda useless outside PvP and maybe bossfights.
- Is there a detailed resistance/armor-per-bodypart table already in place for all damage types and all enemies?

- this is the big one>>>>>>>>>>>>The Infested (chargers and ancients) DON'T RESPOND TO DAMAGE ANYMORE!!!! They just keep shredding! No matter what the hell you do! A fun way to stop a charging disruptor in the past, was to shoot him in the tenties with a big corpus railgun type deal. Now, he takes the ~3k damage to the face and doesn't even shrug! Same with the chargers! Whack all of them at once with a big sword, and they don't even flinch! They're only supposed to mess you up, if you get careless and make a mistake. Now, you can't level melee on anything anymore! These guys will bend your sh####r, everyone else will run away and shoot you.

- It's not just the infested, Corpus crewmen and basic Grineer also seem to have their nerve-endings removed.
This is not fun. If melee is dead, then so is this game.

- Inability to have a substantial effect on your enemy besides death (footman and grunt from warcraft 2 hitting each other relentlessly like robots, until one of them is dead) and damage types that have very little difference (their super-secret weakness is BULLETS. But magnetic damage /whatever the hell that is/ works just as well) and "+0.312%-to bleep a bloop on his -Nope, he died." equals something taken from WoW beta. Or something.

- I have extreme difficulty sensing if an enemy has been afflicted with the "difficulty aiming" thing. Everyone still has the aim and target lock of murderhacked Counter-Strike bots.

- No seriously. No-one getting staggered by anything is super annoying!

- Can electric melee weapons acutally taze dudes to just stop for a few seconds? Haven't tried yet.

EDIT: I put some emptiness inside to make it better. Sorry for the text-barrier, it's 2 AM here and I have difficulty seeing.

Edited by hyperkayak

I agree with the fact that the lack of stagger is murderous. No more tanking with good weps for conventional frames. There is no mods space for having to compensate for damage lost after damage 2.0 was released, I don't have the room to add a puncture,slash, and impact mod in addition to the 100 other rifle mods there are and the 20 or so I desire to add. The fact that you have to juggle cards around make specific builds for specific enemy types and compensate with space really sucks; in addition it completely destroyed the concept of a universal weapon.

P.S space the wall of text. Obviously some immature forum users would rather take the time to post a pointless comment about the wall of text  than actually discuss the rant.

well, as someone who did read the post instead of making some wall o' text joke, I can say I agree with you on a couple of things, but overall I have to say damage 2.0 is good. its not what the damage system used to be, so cold won't proc on every hit with a weapon with any level of freeze damage, and the stagger, while it was very nice to have against ancients and such, has been relegated to its own damage type and is not innate in certain weapons or against certain enemies (such as the hikou or flux rifle)

I definitely think that certain status chances should be increased, and a lot of mods need to be rebalanced. that or the mod system has to add straight damage or status chance rather than take a percent using the base damage. and some mods (no return, piercing hit, flechette, and the new mods for impact and slash damage) are just really bad, now. but they did make it so that weapon builds aren't just damage, multishot, and armor piercing with either a crit build or rainbow damage. mostly because the puncture damage mods are bad (max of 60% now, which is again, based off of base puncture damage) so its not really worth it on weapons that aren't mainly puncture damage in the first place

certain status effects do seem a little underwhelming, and to be honest, I never understood why (before damage 2.0) enemies on fire didn't take damage, or enemies that were electrocuted (outside corpus crewmen) just didn't really care. now at least they have a proper status effect associated with them. but damage 2.0 succeeds in that you have to decide what elemental effect you want on your weapon. unless you run 3 elements, if you just want a pure elemental effect, that's the only mod type you can put on the weapon. and to be honest, some of the second-tier effects (radiation, magnetic, viral, etc.) don't really seem as good as the pure elemental effects (I'm still not sure what the effect "sickened" does to enemies)

P.S space the wall of text. Obviously some immature forum users would rather take the time to post a pointless comment about the wall of text  than actually discuss the rant.

immaturity has nothing to do with it honestly.

presentation is everything.

if you can not present something in a light that people will appreciate, then you have failed even before getting your point across.

"Here come a bunch of things, lacking order (almost)."

that does not help at all.

disorganized shenanigans implies that one does not really have a point and are just posting to be posting.

grouping like issues together and talking about them in an organized and clean non wall o text format would make people more interested in what is being said.