The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sarpa prime when??

SarpaPrime

Question

13 answers to this question

Same time as usual. When the devs are absolutely sure all people farmed, maxed, reactored and formad all the other variants. Only then will we get prime so people have to do it all over again.

Edited by MaxTunnerX

Can I ask what benefit a Sarpa Prime would bring?

I'm looking at the stats and not seeing any one area it could excel in by making it a Prime other than giving it a special ability like Pyrana Prime. Seems like the closest counterpart to a Sarpa Prime would be a side-grade/worse version of the Vastilok.  So I'm guessing you want a prime version because you like the regular Sarpa a lot for some reason?

Maybe a different faction boosting the weapon, like Tenet, Kuva, Incarnon, Wraith etc., to provide an element-based gunblade would be a better approach for a new gunblade weapon.

7 minutes ago, Numerounius said:

Maybe a different faction boosting the weapon, like Tenet, Kuva, Incarnon, Wraith etc., to provide an element-based gunblade would be a better approach for a new gunblade weapon.

Counterpoint: the OP's account name isn't IncarnonElementBasedGunblade. :P

Huh... Let's see...

We've had it spoiled by Rebecca that the next Prime is Protea, and she'll be replacing Garuda.

Garuda had her signature Nagantaka, but her bonus item was the Corvas Prime. Protea's signature weapon is the Velox, so she could have a melee weapon with her, and that could be the Sarpa Prime.

We have an opening in the next Prime Access, basically.

For the rest, it's likely Xaku after that, who has a signature Melee, so not happening there. Lavos is after that, with only a signature Shotgun, and is replacing Revenant who had a signature Melee... I don't think the Sarpa would fit there, but it's an opening. Sevagoth is next, only had a signature Secondary, and is replacing Baruuk who had a signature Melee and a bonus Secondary, so there's space there, even if I don't think the Sarpa fits Sevagoth. Yareli? Nah, they wouldn't put a melee Prime on Yareli, she can't use them on Merulina. Gyre, with just a signature Primary, is replacing Wisp who had both a Primary and Melee, so another chance there, and Gyre probably would like the Sarpa... I think? Caliban should replace Grendel, with a signature Melee, no chance there. And then Styanax will likely replace Gauss, and the Sarpa definitely doesn't fit Styanax, even if there's space.

That's a quick look ahead at the next 2 years or so of Prime releases, you've got a couple of chances, the first being as early as the end of April. And the next likely slot is not until Summer 2025.

Take of that what you will ^^

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Numerounius said:

I'm looking at the stats and not seeing any one area it could excel in by making it a Prime other than giving it a special ability like Pyrana Prime. Seems like the closest counterpart to a Sarpa Prime would be a side-grade/worse version of the Vastilok.  So I'm guessing you want a prime version because you like the regular Sarpa a lot for some reason?

Primes at minimum only need stat buffs, and even then sometimes they don't necessarily become the single best option. They just need to be improved versions of their original. Gimmicks are always an optional thing and usually the exception.

Sarpa is kind of lacking in the crit department, so even just a buff to its crit chance and multiplier could make it a very solid option as a balanced/hybrid burst gunblade. Maybe a fire-rate buff to tighten its burst shots

• Like 1

According to Eternalism Titania prime will come with her signature weapon: Sarpa prime.

10 minutes ago, Numerounius said:

Seems like the closest counterpart to a Sarpa Prime would be a side-grade/worse version of the Vastilok. 

Vastilok is different to Sarpa.

11 minutes ago, Numerounius said:

Can I ask what benefit a Sarpa Prime would bring?

I love Sarpa design so I wish to get another (prime?) version as well.

Prime could get slight boost to crit chance (from 14% to 20ish)

or maybe increase number of bullets (~1.5 times)

21 minutes ago, Numerounius said:

+Some stats and one free element would be nice but well done Incarnon would be amazing. However seeing as some incarnon are treated as simple stats boost then I'm afraid it won't be soooo great.

Some new gimmick would be interesting. Heavy attack could create some turrets for some time, slides could stun enemies etc.

9 minutes ago, Pakaku said:

Maybe a fire-rate buff to tighten its burst shots

You mean attack speed? I think I would like more bullets per shots.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, quxier said:

You mean attack speed? I think I would like more bullets per shots.

Attack speed would be different, and would probably affect the overall weapon. I'm talking about taking the burst shots and tightening just the burst so that it's even quicker. More bullets would be fun, though

Edited by Pakaku
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, Tiltskillet said:

Counterpoint: the OP's account name isn't IncarnonElementBasedGunblade. :P

Why I piqued them on if they love the Sarpa so much. And also one of the first things I've noticed when opening up this post.

20 minutes ago, Birdframe_Prime said:

We have an opening in the next Prime Access, basically.

This is another reason why I think going for a variant that is not prime will give you a better chance. The amount of prime weapons are numbered whereas we can get swathes of weapons in a major update like how we got the unexpected Proboscis Cernos in Deimos.

16 minutes ago, Pakaku said:

Sarpa is kind of lacking in the crit department, so even just a buff to its crit chance and multiplier could make it a very solid option as a balanced/hybrid burst gunblade. Maybe a fire-rate buff to tighten its burst shots

It already has a decent CD and fire rate. Gunblades are one of the few weapon classes where too much attack speed could be a bad thing because of how you control the weapon turning you into a spastic being if it went any higher. Plus Sarpa is already high up on the list for attack speeds given to gunblades.

8 minutes ago, quxier said:

+Some stats and one free element would be nice but well done Incarnon would be amazing. However seeing as some incarnon are treated as simple stats boost then I'm afraid it won't be soooo great.

Eh true, an incaranon may not be the best if it turns out to be bad. Maybe I also shouldn't have put it as an element as to what its successor could look like since people are taking that to be an incarnon having elemental weapon damage when that doesn't need to be the case. It was my first thought to have (another) elemental-based gunblade given how we have element-based glaives that perform well when regular glaives also exist.

20 hours ago, Numerounius said:

This is another reason why I think going for a variant that is not prime will give you a better chance. The amount of prime weapons are numbered whereas we can get swathes of weapons in a major update like how we got the unexpected Proboscis Cernos in Deimos.

And?

All Tenno faction weapons can, and eventually will, get Primed because that's what DE is doing.

I just answered the question as written, in good faith.

And why does the statement that we have an opening for the weapon to exist in the next Prime Access even prompt the response of 'go for a different variant'? I'm giving OP hope that we don't have to wait for another variant.