The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Subsuming Chyrinka Pillars

S074

Question

I'm finding Chyrinka Pillars as a very handy CC tool for Qorvex (they can be much more in his hands, but to me the CC part of the skill is what shines of it).

I feel like it could be very handy in the hands of some other warframe as an helminth skill, but I am finding out it conflicts (or overlaps) with other warframes' kit.

I would like to have it on the warframes I play with high range and duration to squeeze the most of its CC.
I briefly considered Nyx, but I have too much fun with wrathful advance on her, and chaos does the same CC in a much, much wider area.

With Limbo I'm settling on Thermal Sunder just so that he can at least do *something* when I dust him off.

I'm considering equinox, but I'm not sure it can help her kit (I'm struggling to find a good Helminth for her, using Coil Horizon atm and not too sure it's good on her).

Did any of you manage to squeeze fun out of this helminth on some other warframes and cares to share their findings?

5 answers to this question

I don't have an answer,  as I haven't infused it on any other frames yet.   But keep in mind the Pillars need LoS.  And it's quite strict,  seemingly based on a point pretty low down on the Pillar.  (The very first pulse, the one that occurs on the initial slam is slightly more forgiving for some reason.)  So besides range, they often need careful placement, and will work much better on some maps than others.

I really like using rad status for CC too and enjoy trying to get the most out of it in Qorvex's kit.   But as it's a very soft form of CC I do wish the LoS requirement was loosened up or removed, or that a third pillar could be placed, or that the base range was somewhat higher.    Although it's decent from a damage perspective, especially with the Crucible Blast synergies.  But of course, another frame using Pillar won't benefit from those.

• Like 1

It's great on Qorvex because it synergizes with his whole kit. As for subsuming it, I guess I can appreciate it as a pocket CC, but it feels like a copy of Oberon's 2, and at that point I'd rather just run Oberon for its armour buffs and strips

19 hours ago, S074 said:

I'm finding Chyrinka Pillars as a very handy CC tool for Qorvex (they can be much more in his hands, but to me the CC part of the skill is what shines of it).

I feel like it could be very handy in the hands of some other warframe as an helminth skill, but I am finding out it conflicts (or overlaps) with other warframes' kit.

I would like to have it on the warframes I play with high range and duration to squeeze the most of its CC.
I briefly considered Nyx, but I have too much fun with wrathful advance on her, and chaos does the same CC in a much, much wider area.

With Limbo I'm settling on Thermal Sunder just so that he can at least do *something* when I dust him off.

I'm considering equinox, but I'm not sure it can help her kit (I'm struggling to find a good Helminth for her, using Coil Horizon atm and not too sure it's good on her).

Did any of you manage to squeeze fun out of this helminth on some other warframes and cares to share their findings?

Ivara. Use noise arrow in the centre. Microeave some popcorn.

Loki. Decoy in centre. Disarm everyone. (Wont work with new augment i suspect) 

Microwave popcorn.

As for equinox. Fractured blast. To help with enetgy economy is my suggestion for a helminth as it lets you stay highly mobile.

Posted (edited)
On 2024-03-12 at 6:08 PM, Tiltskillet said:

...keep in mind the Pillars need LoS.  And it's quite strict, seemingly based on a point pretty low down on the Pillar.

I agree, the LoS limitation seems overkill on it. And it's like the check happens on ground level, so the tiniest pebble on the floor breaks it like it breaks Zenistar's disk.

On 2024-03-12 at 7:46 PM, Pakaku said:

I guess I can appreciate it as a pocket CC, but it feels like a copy of Oberon's 2

That's kind of the point though, a good to great fire and forget thing to drop on a choke point and halt an incoming wave of enemies on itself. Oberon's 2 can't be subsumed.

6 hours ago, -ShadowRadiance- said:

Ivara. Use noise arrow in the centre. Microeave some popcorn.

This one might be pretty fun to turn any interception into super easy mode. With Loki I run wratful advance in place of his teleport and love it too much to change.

6 hours ago, -ShadowRadiance- said:

As for equinox. Fractured blast. To help with enetgy economy is my suggestion for a helminth as it lets you stay highly mobile.

I completely ignored Fractured blast. I'll give it a shot!

Edited by S074
  • Like 1