The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The wording on IPS mods should be revisited

Darthplagueis13

Considering that IPS mods such as Buzzkill work differently from elemental mods such as Molten Impact, they really shouldn't be worded the same way to make it more clear that one can add new damage types whereas the other cannot.

I'd propose that the wording on IPS mods be changed from their current + [number]% IPS format to something that makes it clear it's a multiplier, like the Bane mods.

For instance, Buzz Kill currently says +120 % Slash and I think it would make more sense if it said Slash x 2.2 instead

• Like 8

I dunno about anybody else, but when I read +120%, I read that as "Take the existing Slash value and increase it by 120%." and obviously, if that value is 0 then you're gonna get 0.

0 + 120% of 0 is still gonna equal 0.

Seems pretty clear to me.

I'd say the opposite is true, where mods like Molten Impact say +120% Heat Damage, is a bit confusing. They should find a way that says "+120% of total damage as heat damage" or some-such.

• Like 1

I think Pablo read about this on twitter and thought about it.

Le 12/03/2024 à 23:20, Darthplagueis13 a dit :

For instance, Buzz Kill currently says +120 % Slash and I think it would make more sense if it said Slash x 2.2 instead

Yep, would make more sense, and they did it with faction damage multiplier already. Chances are it's going to happen in some future batch of QoL update.

Il y a 18 heures, Xylia a dit :

I dunno about anybody else, but when I read +120%, I read that as "Take the existing Slash value and increase it by 120%." and obviously, if that value is 0 then you're gonna get 0.

0 + 120% of 0 is still gonna equal 0.

Seems pretty clear to me.

I'd say the opposite is true, where mods like Molten Impact say +120% Heat Damage, is a bit confusing. They should find a way that says "+120% of total damage as heat damage" or some-such.

Well, IPS mods are multiplicative to the base damage and only take the respective impact, puncture or slash (or puncture and slash in the case of rending strike) and elemental mods are additive to the complete base damage.

It's because the mods do not function the same that they shouldn't display the same. That way it's more clear.

18 hours ago, Xylia said:

I'd say the opposite is true, where mods like Molten Impact say +120% Heat Damage, is a bit confusing.

Same.  "Adds 90% of Base Damage as Heat" would be more accurate, and at least gets the idea across that it's not like a 90% IPS mod.   OTOH, it's still subject to misinterpretation, and it's not going to be  clear to most new players what "base damage" is getting at.

• Like 1