The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

QoL suggestion: auto-switch bane mod or maybe deprecate it with an umbra mod.

Kronxito

Bane mods give a nice multiplier but changing them so often is a pain and most of us forget to do it or just dont do it at all. 

I would like there to be an option to autoequip that mod (if u want and if u already have it). 

Easier option would be deprecating them and including an umbra mod for weapons with just general multiplier.

Why umbra? Because QoL should have a cost (like primed surefooted) :-p 

Edited by Kronxito
  • Like 1

Try getting in the habit of doing it, I don't like the Umbra mod option, and swapping it automatically for which faction you're going up against, not sure how that would work with DE's spaghetti code. 🤔

• Like 3

Just now, Slayer-. said:

Try getting in the habit of doing it, I don't like the Umbra mod option, and swapping it automatically for which faction you're going up against, not sure how that would work with DE's spaghetti code. 🤔

Thats why a primed or umbral mod is much easier

• Like 2

Well Faction mods double dipping was technically a bug which was never fixed or now considered "normal" so good luck.
It was easier when we just had 3 main factions and there wasn't as much capacity creep on weapons.

Since the addition of Exilus slots it's gotten pretty silly even though they were warned years in advance about capacity creep issues. I made a post myself back in like 2016 with "The Impossible Supra Vandal Build". Every slot forma'd and it was -1 capacity. I think they noticed because soon after they changed Supra Vandal into a Crit weapon. At this point it's nearly impossible to make a weapon with builds optimized for 3 factions let alone 4-5. Even without Bane mods.

Point being the problem of building Vs factions goes far deeper than just Bane mods.

Does nobody check their loadout before they enter a mission?

I leave myself a note to make sure I have the builds I want. 

UN63k0J.png

6 minutes ago, CosoMalvadoNG said:

i dont use those mods and i dont have any problem.

Faction mods are a final damage multiplier like roar. They are pretty good

• Like 6

hace 7 minutos, Berzerkules dijo:

UN63k0J.png

Faction mods are a final damage multiplier like roar. They are pretty good

ok

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Berzerkules said:

UN63k0J.png

Every mission? ahhaha. I just press Esc > Navigation > ...

I don't change/check gear to the point I can go to Netracells (which require some good enough gear) with just random gear. I was like, hmm... that slow, that's weak, that's slow, frame does something so let's do this. Plus I'm vazarin so let's heal stuffs. Hahaha.

In general I have at least 1 decent weapon like Kuva Nukor. It's far from the best but at least it does something.

I change gear when I want different style, mission is harder (e.g. Netracell or Riven challenge). I prefer not to change gear every time I play another mission. That's why most of my gear is self contained. My frames usually have p.flow and Energize, Rush, maybe efficiency. My Carrier p. that I don't change has looter, vacuum and ammo conversion. So on and so forth. I change single gear (e.g. frame or weapon) not whole lodout.

2 hours ago, Kronxito said:

Easier option would be deprecating them and including an umbra mod for weapons with just general multiplier.

Or just buff weapons/frames.

I never use faction mods. Like Im tempted a lot, but I dont want to change loadouts every mission or be like "omg wrong loadout" when I find out mid-mission. This kind of mods is just off-limits to me. Recently the text has been changed for some reason.

Edited by MaxTunnerX
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, MaxTunnerX said:

I never use faction mods. Like Im tempted a lot, but I dont want to change loadouts every mission or be like "omg wrong loadout" when I find out mid-mission. This kind of mods is just off-limits to me. Recently the text has been changed for some reason.

2 hours ago, Slayer-. said:

I like the double dipping with other factors.

Thats okay, but you are losing big damage by not using them. Just fyi.

2 hours ago, Kronxito said:

I've never used Bane mods, don't see the point, sure the extra damage is nice but I can get that just fine with Primed/Umbra/Galv, etc mods

QoL should either be that all Bane Mods are turned into a single Universal Primed Bane (That works across all factions) and make it an Exilus Weapon Mod OR Have all the Bane mods deprecated into an Arcane for weapons. 

Edited by Circle_of_Psi

1 minute ago, -ShadowRadiance- said:

Or dont use crappy mods like bane mods.

Bane mods where a mistake and should be deleted from the game. *Nods*

They are MULTIPLIER, not additive. 

Let me guess… u still use serration??? Serration is only additive. 

• Like 1

I'd rather they just have an option to switch your weapon's mod setup from the Navigation Menu like how you can with Loadouts.

Have a lil menu listing off your current build similar to what's in rotation in Duviri. And from there just click something that cycles to the weapon's/Warframe's next mod setup.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Kronxito said:

Let me guess… u still use serration??? Serration is only additive. 

And everything steel path still dies in two seconds or less. 

Point? Overkill numbers makes brain produce happy chemicals? 

Im immune to that.

• Like 3

I still wonder why they havent made a high cost upgrade system for bane mods. Infused Bane where you need 1 of each bane mod at max rank which then costs the same amount of endo and credits (and possibly something else expensive) as those 3 combined in order to fuse into a new Infused Bane that starts at rank 0 with increased endo/credit/other costs to max.

Not that there is a real point to them unless you just play long long long and long and a bit longer long endless. I really dont see the point in dealing millions upon millions more damage than a mob can handle in the first place. Like yesterday I hit a poor Corrupted Crewman for 80-ish millions of damage with my Ack & Brunt Incarnon, at the level I was at at the time he could take just shy of 72k damage. The hit that annihilated him and converted him into gooey bits and mist also produced enough damage to deal twice the EHP of a Corrupted Heavy Gunner of the same level. Why on earth would I need a bane mod in addition to that?

• Like 2

Just now, SneakyErvin said:

I still wonder why they havent made a high cost upgrade system for bane mods. Infused Bane where you need 1 of each bane mod at max rank which then costs the same amount of endo and credits (and possibly something else expensive) as those 3 combined in order to fuse into a new Infused Bane that starts at rank 0 with increased endo/credit/other costs to max.

Not that there is a real point to them unless you just play long long long and long and a bit longer long endless. I really dont see the point in dealing millions upon millions more damage than a mob can handle in the first place. Like yesterday I hit a poor Corrupted Crewman for 80-ish millions of damage with my Ack & Brunt Incarnon, at the level I was at at the time he could take just shy of 72k damage. The hit that annihilated him and converted him into gooey bits and mist also produced enough damage to deal twice the EHP of a Corrupted Heavy Gunner of the same level. Why on earth would I need a bane mod in addition to that?

I like ur idea

• Like 1

I use them probably 75% of the time, generally through configs that I have set up for all the weapons I like.   I don't find it much trouble to switch between them...but when I don't feel like changing setups, I've got some loadouts set up for that too.  I definitely don't feel like they should be consolidated into a new mandatory mod.

If there was a change at all, I'd prefer they were outright retired as long as an equivalent to the most interesting thing about them--the DoT multiplier--was put into new, faction-agnostic mods.

Not that I see  getting rid of faction mods happening either, since DE only recently expanded them to Murmur.

I mean yeah you could just combine the mod capacity of all 4 and make one super anti faction mod (which I would like). But then again, its much easier and better for the game if instead of this serration gets changed into multiplier and bane mods get removed. No point in having 2 types of serration in game, one useless and one epic.

Don't like Bane Mods exactly for the reason that they create extra tedium and would waste my time between missions. So I simply do not use them.

They may be strong, especially in cases where they get to double dip, but damage issues do not really exist in the version of Warframe I'm playing right now.

However auto-switching them for what you need defeats their purpose as something you actively use to counter a specifc thing. They are effectively rewarding you for going through the tedium of using them, rather than being your always fit go to mod option. Ideally they shouldn't exist and modding should be more interesting in general. Any action taken towards improving modding should be an effort to make modding itself more compelling rather than polish the miserable band-aids.

Edited by Raikh
  • Like 5