The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Some suggestions for improving the game

Kitty-Hawk

Hey there! I wanted to share my thoughts with you after after a few thousand hours of play on PC.

I just wanted to share some suggestions for changes, additions, and improvements to the game experience. Please keep in mind that these are just my opinions as someone who has been playing the game actively for a long time.

If any of this has already been addressed in the implementation plans, or if there was a definitive 'no' answer (never say never 😉) or if someone has already made similar suggestions, please forgive me. I don't always have the opportunity to keep up with all the news and discussions.

Just a quick heads up, this text was partially written with the help of a translator, so there may be some… bugs.

Everything is divided into sections, with the main idea, notes where necessary.

!WARNING!: A little lot of text follows 🙃.

Riven Mods (RM)

• Realise the functionality of the fixation of the selected one of the RM attributes.

Main idea: make it easier to get good riven for personal use.

Notes:

1.    Currently, creating a good RM is a matter of luck. I suggest allowing the customization of one desired RM characteristic, which will increase the chances of creating the perfect riven for yourself.

2.    Balance/realisation suggestions:                 

- in return for locking a attribute, RM will request e.g. +1k kuva/reroll. 

- do not allow fixation of characteristics until the cost of the reroll is at its maximum (3.5k kuva).

- consider limiting the number of cycles for a 'fixed' riven, for example 100 rerolls for each mod, or based on disposition mechanics.

- unlock a fixed effect at any time (in the case of weapon reworking);

- do not allow negative attributes to be locked; 

- do not allow RM to be traded if the "lock" mechanic has been used.

Navigation

• New design of the mode switch between Normal and Steel Path without the need to point the mouse first, and then select after the animation. Just switch as usual, maybe add a hotkey.
  • Restore the option of quickly cancelling a selected mission using the Y-button.

Equipment

• Add a separate slot for augment mods in warframes, or alternatively make all augment mods exilus.
  • Add one more slot for arcane in warframes.
  • Remove the restriction on installing an arcane when using arcane helmets.
  • Add a configuration operator to the equipment to quickly switch between them as the layout changes.
  • Add a universal forma (like aura forma) for the major polarities (madurai, naramon, vazarin, zenurik).
  • For each missing weapon (e.g. if I only choose secondary weapon), implement a sprint speed bonus.

Main idea: allow players to expand their skills in creating builds for warframes, and to have a deeper and more interesting experience with the ever-increasing number of mods and arcanes in the game. Reduce the likelihood of rebuilding a previously polarized slot.

Notes:

1.      There are many useful augment mods in the game, but players sometimes have to sacrifice space in the main slots in order to install them. An exilus slot is usually reserved for mods that play a supporting role. The implementation of exilus-augments is a good example: the Fused Reservoir for Wisp.

2.      The idea of removing the restriction on arcane helmets seems to me to be a departure from the old mechanics, when there were very few arcanes in the game, and arcane helmets have long been obtainable only through trade, and their relevance is noticeably diminished, especially with the introduction of Archon Shards. Few people wear them because they want to look fashionable with the latest jewellery.

3.      There's a real need to add "Equipment A, B, C..." for the operator, for example, when setting up Virtuos Surge and farming the Profit-Taker Orb, after which, you have to remember to replace it when playing the Void Cascade, otherwise trying to kill the astral form of Thrax will be... challenging 😁.

4.      Less weapons and ammo carried in a mission - easier to sprint - all logical :highfive:.

5.      Balance/realisation suggestions:

- 3 arcane slots for Prime versions only, for normal versions require adapter install; + may have restrictions on installing some of them at the same time, such as the Point Strike and Critical Delay mods.

- augment slot and/or 3 arcane slots for players of mastery rank 30+;

- universal forma - no more than one polarised slot per piece of equipment.

NPS/Trading

• Add universal goods to Chipper.
  • Increase Palladino number of purchases of the same item.
  • Add sorting by ducats in inventory for prime junk parts.
  • Allow players to trade Aya.
  • Add the option for Loid to block or mark arcanes so that they don't accidentally dissolve valuable ones for potential sale to another player.

Main idea: increase motivation to play Kahl's missions (especially after talk that Chipper will remove the possibility of buying shards) and the chance to buy universal goods such as: a Relic Pack, Kuva, Veiled Riven Mods, Endo, etc.; increase usability for players when trading prime j… parts. and Aya; increase the importance and value of the Riven Slivers.

Notes:

1.  The game has a lot of end-game high-level infinite missions, Riven Slivers accumulate in large quantities, given that resource boosters work on them, it will be good to spend them on universal stuff, given that we don't spend more than 35 grand a week.

2.  The question of Arcanes may be relevant to inexperienced players.

Helminth

• Helminth consumption at 5-10% of each resource type, rather than 30% bile all the time.
  • Display custom configuration names when infusing an ability into a warframe, rather than the default "Configuration A, B, C...".
  • Allow Riven Slivers to dissolve into bile (especially if leaving Palladino unchanged as described above).

Notes:

1.   When experimenting with shards, I have often found that run out of bile resources, or the helminth gets used to them and feeding is ineffective. Consuming all the resources will increase flexibility, this approach seems more convenient.

2.    If your memory is like a goldfish, you will need to leave the helminth room and check the configuration you wish to infuse.

Simulacrum

• Quick access to simulacrum using arsenal/orbiter.
  • Simulacrum improvements: implement a function to create (possible in the same way as placing decorations) and save custom configurations of the enemy set.
  • Simulacrum improvements: add hotkeys for quick kill, spawn last configuration etc..

Main idea: Improve the ergonomics of working with Simulacrum: constantly running to the console and respawning mobs, as well as configuring the mob set each time, was uncomfortable.

Others

• Add crafting, in the foundry, x100 air support charges blueprint (Orokin Eye, Kahl Beacon are often used and useful).
  • Add support for the combination of Ctrl+A, for game chats.
  • When playing in SOLO mode, netracells in missions - automatic picking of all debuffs.
  • Reduced excavation requirements, e.g. from 500 cryotics to 300 in Lich/Sister Kuva missions.
  • Add an indicator to the Specter action time Crew on Call (similar to Kahl's Squad).
  • Add incentives in the form of 1-2 Stock for performing optional actions (above the minimum required) on Kahl's missions, e.g. freeing more hostages, finding more Genestamps.
  • Remove or make easier the "Kahl Go Fast" (15 minute speedrun) challenge for Kahl's mission, its hard to do when you have to defeat Ven'kra/Sprag and search all over the map for other challenges.
  • Add a sound to all syndicate medallions, similar to Voca.
  • Streamline, stretch, intensify prime...😋

Thank you all for reading until the end! Thanks for your time and attention.

I hope my suggestions are not too crazy and that the developers will take some of them into consideration.

there are a lot of good ideas here that I'm not really going to bother responding to because there's not a lot of point in just saying "good idea".

1 hour ago, Kitty-Hawk said:

Add a separate slot for augment mods in warframes

They've discussed this before and concluded they aren't interested in doing it.  They also discussed making them all exilus, and while they didn't really say "no" I think the fact that it never happened is pretty telling.

Remove the restriction on installing an arcane when using arcane helmets.

There's a reason this is the way that it is, it's not going to change and I think it's best that way.

Add a universal forma (like aura forma) for the major polarities (madurai, naramon, vazarin, zenurik)

I don't think this is a good idea, but an alternative I'd suggest is allowing players to only apply a polarity so some configurations, similar to how helminth infusions work.

For each missing weapon (e.g. if I only choose secondary weapon), implement a sprint speed bonus.

Sprint speed is honestly a meaningless stat in the current state of the game. I just don't think such a change is worth dev

Add universal goods to Chipper.

Main idea: increase motivation to play Kahl's missions

I don't' see this change doing that, if anything it will just create more annoyance with being pushed to continue playing a mission that functionally repeats every three weeks.

Add the option for Loid to block or mark arcanes so that they don't accidentally dissolve valuable ones for potential sale to another player.

No disagreement with this one, but rather an expansion: there are many situations in this game where being able to lock certain pieces of equipment would be beneficial, not just here.

Remove or make easier the "Kahl Go Fast" (15 minute speedrun) challenge for Kahl's mission, its hard to do when you have to defeat Ven'kra/Sprag and search all over the map for other challenges.

You don't have to complete every optional objective in a single run, I'd even be inclined to argue you aren't meant to.

Streamline, stretch, intensify prime...

We already have one of these, it's just called umbral intensify instead of "prime", mechanically though, it's basically the same thing. as for the other two, DE has already said they have no intention of ever adding them.

• Like 1