The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A few riven questions

(XBOX)Player244024418

Question

Learning rivens here.

Exergis is a single shot weapon. The -neg on the riven i rolled is more recoil. Does anyone care? It's a single shot wep so you're reloading anyway.

I rolled a riven for cernos with -neg 47% magazine. Cernos is a bow with one shot in the "magazine". I figure it rounds up to 1 so 53% is still one shot or the riven would be real bad. So this neg is effectively doing nothing...?

Rolled a -neg for dark split sword of -80% impact. The wep doesn't have impact listed as a stat so -80% of 0 is still 0 so is this doing nothing?

3 answers to this question

I can't remember/don't know how negative recoil affects weapons with single shots. That being said my Exergis Riven has plus magazine size, and can fire twice, and its position usually returns to a favourable aiming position by time of the second shot. If I had to assume, then more recoil is a pretty good harmless negative to have. You might have to test it out to see though. 

Weapons that have one shot in the magazine, like most bows, certain snipers etc, having a negative magazine is a harmless negative, as regardless of rounding, you'll always be able to shot one shot IIRC. Its not one of those traits that does anything weird or funky like not doing any damage or something. So again, another harmless negative. In some cases, it can even be a positive negative (if you prefer your Vectis Prime being a one round weapon etc). 

I don't know as much about melee weapons, so am not sure with your last question. IIRC some weapon stances can have attacks that can do certain types of status damage, so maybe, and I don't know myself, but maybe such attacks could be affected. Or maybe they operate in some other ways, that aren't affected. Someone with better understanding and knowledge may have better information to answer. That being said, if I had to guess, given that Impact isn't a super valuable status, and I don't know the Dark Split Sword ideal stance is, or the moves in the stance... sounds like an okay negative to have, 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, (XBOX)Player244024418 said:

Exergis is a single shot weapon. The -neg on the riven i rolled is more recoil. Does anyone care? It's a single shot wep so you're reloading anyway.

It probably isn't a literally harmless negative on most builds.  Most will have fast reload, two shots, or both.  In any of those cases, the weapon can be ready to fire before the reticle has stabilized.  Well before it's stabilized with if you have additional recoil.  (I have a riven like this, and I just doublechecked, so I'm not guessing here.)  And yeah, I know it doesn't make any sense that recoil still matters after a reload, but that's the way the game works.

All that said I don't consider it at all a serious negative, and I doubt most people would.

I rolled a riven for cernos with -neg 47% magazine.

It's harmless.  Bows don't have a magazine at all, so they can't be penalized by or benefit from magazine affixes. Furthermore, negative magazine can't take even standard magazine weapons below one shot. 

Rolled a -neg for dark split sword of -80% impact. The wep doesn't have impact listed as a stat so -80% of 0 is still 0 so is this doing nothing?

Yeah, it does nothing.

4 hours ago, (PSN)slightconfuzzled said:

IIRC some weapon stances can have attacks that can do certain types of status damage, so maybe, and I don't know myself, but maybe such attacks could be affected. Or maybe they operate in some other ways, that aren't affected.

I can't think of any.  As far as stance forced impact procs go, my Rabvee machete with 0 impact damage after a riven is slotted can still inflict those.

Edited by Tiltskillet
  • Like 2

Important to remember that things like -Magazine on a single shot weapon is actually a good thing as it bumps up the values of the positive traits. So a ++- is more powerful than a ++ if the positives are the same and the negative is harmless.