The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

This design for Yareli is horrible

Tidiusx

I think there is a difference between, this is a good/great design but I don't like the aesthetic or the design for this character, and this is a bad/horrible design. 

Yes it could be considered implicit, and yes regardless there is often a large amount of subjectivity, but there is also value as far as communicating ideas. 

For example, I think this is a great design. I also like the design in a more subjective aesthetic preference based way, but I also do agree its a departure and quite dissimilar from Yareli's default design. The design reminds me of Namielle, a literal Monster from Monster Hunter so... I guess, then again Namielle is considered quite a beautiful and cool monster so... 

Also as far as Warframe philosophy around Deluxe skins, its not uncommon for them to go with designs that sometimes subvert design expectations to go for a different vibe. Not always of course, sometimes a skin also reenforces an idea or plays up a feature of the original design. It can be a mixed bag. Whilst I don't like every single skin that attempts this, overall I find it more interesting an approach to go with. Ideally though, and its not realistic, but ideally, I wish we could get more Deluxe skins more often, some that deviate and some that don't. Big fan of more options, choices and styles. 

On 2024-03-24 at 12:33 AM, CephalonOlphus said:

Even with the prominent breasts and ass?

Might be a male ass with a BBL. Everyone knows, the only way to definitely tell its a female ass is if there is a very soft frilly skirt over it, like the original Yareli. Maybe have "Girl" or "Juicy" embroidered somewhere as well. Also obviously in a light or passive colour, like white, pink or light blue, like the original Yareli... Black and purple are aggressive loud hostile monster man colours!!!

Not to mention the spikes and claws!!! Thats the opposite of cute!! (The original Yareli is cute!!!!)

• Like 2

Friendly reminder that this isn't a Yareli skin. It's an Ivara skin that was changed to Yareli at some late point in its development, likely because Ivara already has a skin and Yareli doesn't. It's beyond obvious to anyone with a half a functional brain cell.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hexerin said:

Friendly reminder that this isn't a Yareli skin. It's an Ivara skin that was changed to Yareli at some late point in its development, likely because Ivara already has a skin and Yareli doesn't. It's beyond obvious to anyone with a half a functional brain cell.

I don't think she looks like Ivara at all plus that's just completely conspiratorial and there's literally concept art that shows it was always Yareli

mounash-pathak-mp-yarelideluxeskin-03.jp

• Like 7

11 hours ago, Luigispikachu said:

uh, the fee-hyuck are you saying? like seriously what are you saying this makes no sense. 

Graz, you failed the "end the debate" skill check, that much is certain

OP didn't provide any discussion, only saying "I don't like it", hence my comment

Not really hard to understand

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Tidiusx said:

being a beautiful idol

Spider Man Lol GIF

She is FAR from a "beautiful idol"

Even her skin won't make her good, she's still a disgusting frame that should've never been designed 

Edited by Circle_of_Psi

6 minutes ago, -Krism- said:

;(

But I don't like her

D:

Come on Kisrm, don't do this to me xD

1 hour ago, (XBOX)C11H22O11 said:

I don't think she looks like Ivara at all plus that's just completely conspiratorial and there's literally concept art that shows it was always Yareli

Okay, ngl, the middle one (Black/White/Red) is a hella lot better

7 hours ago, RichardKam said:
12 hours ago, quxier said:

The skin is nice and all... but it went, as you said, 180 degree and turned into male.

Just switch black with a skin color and you will be fine.

Bro, bro, stop. I'm not racist.

5 hours ago, Hexerin said:

Source-dude-trust-me.jpg

• Like 12

This is my take on the skin.

Ancient horror, ancient nightmare
Older than mankind
Sources of terror, source of evil
Come forth form the brine
Black and slimy, dripping mucus
Giant golden eye
Beak for ripping, suckers biting
Tentacles held high

From his her kingdom, deep dark ocean
Burst forth to the land
Godlike power, demon fury
Time is now at hand
Vulgar figure, oozing onward
Stench of salty muck
Devastation, marks his her pathway
Malice runs amok

Almighty, is risen, to conquer earth
King Queen of gods, soul reaper, life has no worth

Ancient Horror
Ancient Horror
Ancient Horror
Ancient Horror

Time forgotten, master elder
Dreadful beastly slug
Spewing venom, rancid pustules
Dripping acid blood
Bow before him her, makes no difference
Your mind it will crack
Life means nothing, feeds on sorrow
Relentless attack

Almighty, is risen, to conquer earth
King Queen of gods, soul reaper, life has no worth

Ancient Horror
Ancient Horror
Ancient Horror
Ancient Horror.
  • Like 1

Yarelli as an Ancient Horror is probably the best way to make a skin for her, shame that it's going to be coupled with her vase animations which is wholly unfitting for her. 

It would be like using Khora's Urushu Animations on Inaros. 

Side note I wish THIS was Base Yarelli, yeah the magical girl Idol thing has her fans. But if you told me a small society of kids who's body parts are almost ripped off sees this terrifying creature as their folk hero, I'd actually believe it over the Vent Kids looking up to Base Yarelli. 

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, (PSN)rexis12 said:

Yarelli as an Ancient Horror is probably the best way to make a skin for her, shame that it's going to be coupled with her vase animations which is wholly unfitting for her. 

It would be like using Khora's Urushu Animations on Inaros. 

If Yareli turns out fun and playable with the new augment and I feel the need to pick up this new skin I'll likely end up combining it with either Frost, Gara or Octavia noble animations. Frost is just straight up brutal, Gara just has that "you are nothing to me" feel and the little rythmic movement of Octavia just fits well, listening to the screaming souls devoured by ancient horror Yareli and her trusty fish stick of doom.

• Like 1

I like it, more than the default and I will be picking it up even though I really only tend to play Yareli in circuit.

I was excited for a Khora deluxe since she's my most played frame, but I don't care for hers. I was disappointed, but that's how it goes sometimes so I didn't buy it.

Everyone has different tastes and not everything will fell into everyone's wheelhouse. You can't please everyone all of the time. So don't buy it if you don't like it.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, (XBOX)C11H22O11 said:

DGOMDcW.jpeg

Hey look man at this point I'll take anything over her base design. This skin looks a lot better in comparison and looks fairly decent in general. I'm not the biggest fan of the helmet personally but it's still an improvement.

I'm honestly hoping when Yareli Prime comes out that they just totally toss the weird plastic look she has and make it ... literally anything else haha. I like the way her colors merge a bit differently than other Warframes, but the material her attire is made of just looks so bad.

12 hours ago, (XBOX)C11H22O11 said:

whoever gave this skin the "OK" probably also responsible for having her on Kdrive !

should have one hundred percent have said #2 the sassy pink shell thing if they wanted to sell volume

• Like 3