Jump to content
Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×

Bring Archon Shards back to Chipper?


Recommended Posts

I don't understand why Archon Shards were moved to Bird 3.  I mean I know Bird needs some love but like...It doesn't make sense for him to have them, and it has made Kahl missions useless after you get everything from Chipper.  The Archon Shards were the only reason for playing the missions and now it's just kinda...Moot, there's no point to it anymore unless some want to make some "easy" platinum through the Archon Mods and a ton of Endo.  Anyone agree?

The more people come in talking about it, the more I agree, keep the shards on bird.  However, I have an alternative for Chipper's continued usefulness in the replies, it should be like at the bottom of page 1, that is if there are enough replies by this point for a page 2.  I guess lemme know if you agree on that, because to me it sounds fun.

Edited by Haunted_Hunter
Possible alternate idea for Kahl missions being any kind of useful past completion in the replies.
  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Haunted_Hunter said:

I don't understand why Archon Shards were moved to Bird 3.  I mean I know Bird needs some love but like...It doesn't make sense for him to have them, and it has made Kahl missions useless after you get everything from Chipper.  The Archon Shards were the only reason for playing the missions and now it's just kinda...Moot, there's no point to it anymore unless some want to make some "easy" platinum through the Archon Mods and a ton of Endo.  Anyone agree?

Gross, no.

 

This is a fantastic change.  DE shouldn't be shoving people towards an eternal grind when it's as shallow as Kahl.  3 missions.  Zero variety.  Zero choice.

 

Plenty of grinds have end points.  Is anyone complaining that once you get Nidus, you don't really need to run Infested Salvage anymore?  Now that I have Wisp and all of the various amalgam mods, I don't feel particularly compelled to run the Ropalolyst each week.  Why should something as shallow as Kahl be different?  DE was right to put  a natural coda on Kahl content.  For those who enjoy him, as you said, there's the platinum from farming archon mods.  That's more than enough.

 

Bye, Kahl!

  • Like 20
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Imo the change is for the better, though some people did point out that it'd be better if the shard costed 25k to make it easier for people at lower MR to get it with one day worth of standing.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, Waeleto said:

Good riddance, kahl

I think i speak for the majority of people when i say kahl missions WON'T be missed

Wow.  I literally made a post like a month or two after Veil Breaker released, talking about how no-one wanted Kahl's missions to be they way they were, repeated every 3 weeks doing the exact same thing.  The majority disagreed with me and were quite disgusted with my opinion on the matter.

Now here I am witnessing the exact opposite.

This community can't ever make up its mind.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Haunted_Hunter said:

Wow.  I literally made a post like a month or two after Veil Breaker released, talking about how no-one wanted Kahl's missions to be they way they were, repeated every 3 weeks doing the exact same thing.  The majority disagreed with me and were quite disgusted with my opinion on the matter.

Now here I am witnessing the exact opposite.

This community can't ever make up its mind.

That's weird because the overall sentiment is hating kahl missions since day 1

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, Haunted_Hunter said:

It doesn't make sense for him to have them

Clem having them is the same.

22 hours ago, Haunted_Hunter said:

and it has made Kahl missions useless after you get everything from Chipper.  The Archon Shards were the only reason for playing the missions and now it's just kinda...Moot, there's no point to it anymore unless some want to make some "easy" platinum through the Archon Mods and a ton of Endo.  Anyone agree?

I guess that's "good". You no longer are forced to slugish Kahl content to 'progress' in frame content.

2 hours ago, Haunted_Hunter said:
19 hours ago, Waeleto said:

Good riddance, kahl

I think i speak for the majority of people when i say kahl missions WON'T be missed

Wow.  I literally made a post like a month or two after Veil Breaker released, talking about how no-one wanted Kahl's missions to be they way they were, repeated every 3 weeks doing the exact same thing.  The majority disagreed with me and were quite disgusted with my opinion on the matter.

Now here I am witnessing the exact opposite.

This community can't ever make up its mind.

Community is not one big Vessel but many tiny Frames.

18 hours ago, VENDOMINUS said:

Imo the change is for the better, though some people did point out that it'd be better if the shard costed 25k to make it easier for people at lower MR to get it with one day worth of standing.

Yeah '30k standing issue' is valid problem, imho. However it's part of bigger problems.

First is not being able to get item that you can see change in your gameplay using 1-day standing. For example, even Mr 30 (31k standing) cannot buy more than 3 arcanes per day. Later upgrades costs 4-6 arcanes each. And those upgrades are small as well. So you are grinding for 2-3 days for small change. It's not great feeling.

Secondly, I would void slap all shards to be reusable like any other mods. Everyone remember that some mods couldn't be shared between frame & companion? They removed that (1 mod per any gear). Less plat sources but more healthier game.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Haunted_Hunter said:

Wow.  I literally made a post like a month or two after Veil Breaker released, talking about how no-one wanted Kahl's missions to be they way they were, repeated every 3 weeks doing the exact same thing.  The majority disagreed with me and were quite disgusted with my opinion on the matter.

Now here I am witnessing the exact opposite.

This community can't ever make up its mind.

People can change their minds. For some, he was an exciting change of pace at first. Then the sheer tedium of his missions revealed itself, and they no longer found his content refreshing. 
 

I have been extremely critical of him from the jump, both here and on the subreddit, and what I noticed anecdotally is that over time, posts criticizing him started getting downvoted less… and upvoted more.  The community turned on him. This shouldn’t be surprising. His content is monotonous. Once the honeymoon phase was over and people realized that if they wanted every shard they’d be playing the same three missions until they quit playing Warframe, of course he’d be unpopular. 
 

I am convinced that most of Kahl’s remaining defenders haven’t played all of his missions since launch, or really very many of them at all. 

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, Haunted_Hunter said:

and it has made Kahl missions useless after you get everything from Chipper.

your evergreen rewards from this mode is archron mods that sell for plat and fun, you do have fun running the same mode over and over and over with the exact same loadouts for months and months don't you?

Edited by _Anise_
  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I don't mind it being on any rep based shop on rotation.

I have an unpopular opinion that any one of the hub zones (ostron , fortuna , deimos , entrati , zariman, etc. ) would have the shard every week.

This does two things - one you have a reason to visit older content and two you do not stockpile on only one standing.

Edited by 0_The_F00l
  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yes, this was a punishment for the people who like Kahl missions. Are they ever going to add Gorvakk and Avex to Chipper's shop? not any time soon. Thanks for forcing me to go back to grinding cavia, which I finished already. I enjoyed Kahl missons, because they are completely unlike warframe.

Edited by RyllusPurple
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, _Anise_ said:

your evergreen rewards from this mode is archron mods that sell for plat and fun, you do have fun running the same mode over and over and over with the exact same loadouts for months and months don't you?

Well no, not really, honestly I change it up every couple of days because doing the same stuff gets boring for me quick.  I've actually missed the last few weeks of netrecells annoyingly enough.  But some times I main Gauss, others Excalibur, Qorvex, Vauban, same goes for weapons, basically whatever feels satisfying in the moment...Not gonna lie though, I do have a single For All Purposes build that'll get whatever I need done, done, involving a Wisp, and a Boar that has zero right to be as strong as it is.

Personally though when it comes to Kahl, it's just to have a change of pace like once a week, I do enjoy the break in between.  That being said, the execution of how Kahl missions were done was revolting, but I genuinely like his play style.  "Playing as the enemy" if you will.  Just wish it was taken further than...This.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, RyllusPurple said:

Yes, this was a punishment for the people who like Kahl missions. Are they ever going to add Gorvakk and Avex to Chipper's shop? not any time soon. Thanks for forcing me to go back to grinding cavia, which I finished already. I enjoyed Kahl missons, because they are completely unlike warframe.

I mean... Then just play another game entirely, if you want experience that is "completely unlike warframe". You know? We're playing Warframe here, not Kahl of Duty. So let me hekkin play Warframe, on my warframe, with my weapons, parkour and the rest of the warframe-related stuff... Not run around as the generic soldier guy, just in 3rd person.

Most people did not like having to replay Kahl's missions and most people are GLAD that it's over.

I for one even don't care that it costs 30k standing per week for 1 shard... At least I earn that via Cavia reputation, which is in Warframe gameplay loop, with warframes, parkour, abilities, weapons, etc.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

So, what do i buy with 366 "stock" now that the only item that refreshes weekly is gone.

Can we have orokin catalysts and reactors, forma, nitain extract? It wouldn't be much difference from nora or the shop from duviri that most people forget about.

Maybe another place to buy rivens or we can finaly add more archon mods because the ones we have are limited to elemental on abilities. How many frames do have elemental damage?

Where is the promised content for Kahl's missions after "when we are done with duviri content". De should stop making promises in devstreams that don't intend to keep.

Edit: i was wrong about nitain extract, this item is completly useless to me. Maybe the gotva prime would show up at chipper's shop(funny joke).

Edited by zBeATzA
Nitain is a useless resource that was introduced for no reason other than slowing down the players.
  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, zBeATzA said:

Maybe the gotva prime would show up at chipper's shop(funny joke).

Gotva Prime was the original primary Grineer weapon back before, and during, The Old War.  Chipper's a smart man, he could probably source it for Kahl somehow...If nothing else, he'd probably loot it from Baro's ship hahah.

Actually yeah, that would be a great new mechanic.  And possibly a short-quest!  Chipper wants your help looting a ship looking too shiny for this part of the system, so we help him loot it.  Only later do we get a message from Baro requesting assistance to help watch over his ship, and catch whoever is stealing his precious cargo.  But in the end we decide to keep to Chippers side because of Baro's snobby attitude in the past (and maybe depending on if we bring a Prime Warframe or not, in the present too).  We continue and go on as Baro's personal bodyguard for a mission or two, and ignore Chipper entirely as he snatches things up from the ship, and maybe even supply line.  In the end, Baro thanks us for our help despite us not finding the perpetrator, and we get a little bit of what Chipper stole.  In the form of a single random item (or maybe armor set) from Baro's loot pool every week.

This way, we wouldn't have to do his mission every week, just for the week we see something useful, every other week being ignored entirely.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, _Kit_Kat_Cat_ said:

I mean... Then just play another game entirely, if you want experience that is "completely unlike warframe". You know? We're playing Warframe here, not Kahl of Duty. So let me hekkin play Warframe, on my warframe, with my weapons, parkour and the rest of the warframe-related stuff... Not run around as the generic soldier guy, just in 3rd person.

Most people did not like having to replay Kahl's missions and most people are GLAD that it's over.

I for one even don't care that it costs 30k standing per week for 1 shard... At least I earn that via Cavia reputation, which is in Warframe gameplay loop, with warframes, parkour, abilities, weapons, etc.

The strange thing about warframe is that the only time i'm really having fun is the side content. It's the one consistent thing about the game.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, RyllusPurple said:

The strange thing about warframe is that the only time i'm really having fun is the side content. It's the one consistent thing about the game.

Well, glad you're enjoyin it. But it's definitely not the case for everyone.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, sunderthefirmament said:

Archon mods. Wait a while and sell them to other players for plat. 

That's a terrible solution. We had a good reason to play kahl missions now it's gone for no reason, they could've kept it and give bird3 an archon for those that don't like kahl.

I'm sick of content islands and fun being ruined by other players bad opinions. Nobody was forced to play kahl missions to get a shard, those who did were rewarded well.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, zBeATzA said:

We had a good reason to play kahl missions now it's gone for no reason

reasons to have archron shards at Sanctum

  • thematically this is where the shards originate from, why does chipper have a shard?
  • this is also where you unlock the shard helminth segment, on theme.
  • players are going here to explore labs and get archron shards, the new place everyone is playing also on theme.
  • people are actually fed up of Khal and DE have metrics to show it or moving it wouldn't have ever been a consideration?

reasons to have the shards at chipper

  • The mode is so unfun players literally need something other than guaranteed plat to force them to complete it.
  • that's where they used to be?

That said I wouldn't be opposed to the shard being on Chipper and Bird3 with the game only allowing you to collect it from one location, but I feel like that wouldn't be good enough for the people complaining and most people would just get it from bird3 anyway

Quote

Nobody was forced to play kahl missions to get a shard

people who did were pulling double shards! hindsight now more than ever it was advantageous as players can combine 3 shards into 1 tao shard! it was all but mandatory

 

Edited by _Anise_
  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, zBeATzA said:

That's a terrible solution. We had a good reason to play kahl missions now it's gone for no reason, they could've kept it and give bird3 an archon for those that don't like kahl.

I'm sick of content islands and fun being ruined by other players bad opinions. Nobody was forced to play kahl missions to get a shard, those who did were rewarded well.

If you don’t mind me asking, how much Kahl content would you say you engaged with?  Veilbreaker launched in early September of 2022.  Around 81 weeks, which means 27 Sneaky Sabotages, 27 Junk Runs, and 27 Prison Breaks… not including the often mandatory repeats to clear conflicting stock challenges (time limit + Easter egg hunt) or other reasons.  Were you playing his missions from the jump each week, or did you begin to engage with them more recently?  Did you take breaks from them, or did you play them every week?

 

I ask because I find it hard to understand how someone who did all 81 (plus repeats) could defend Kahl. 
 

I did them all. Plus repeats. Did I need to?  No. Everything in this game is optional. It’s a game, after all. But my decision to force myself to repeatedly engage with this content has paid off now that ascent fusion is in the game.  The shards were and still are a desirable reward for me. If Kahl still had them, I would still be doing them, but eventually I would likely burn out. DE needs to be careful about placing desirable rewards behind awful, monotonous content. Kahl could never have been expected to sustain interest in an eternal weekly format. He’s far too shallow. As such, he should never have gotten the shard as a reward, lore be damned. 
 

This game is full of grinds that eventually end. Kahl doesn’t have to end. If you like him, keep playing his missions. Pretend you’re grinding for cosmetics or something, then just sell the archon mods to other players and treat yourself to a deluxe skin. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

As I suggested here:

 I think a great thematic "evergreen" reward for Kahl content would be the Universal Rep Medallions.

They're hard to get otherwise, and it makes sense that Kahl is about uniting to save the whole system!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2024-04-01 at 9:19 AM, 0_The_F00l said:

I don't mind it being on any rep based shop on rotation.

I have an unpopular opinion that any one of the hub zones (ostron , fortuna , deimos , entrati , zariman, etc. ) would have the shard every week.

This does two things - one you have a reason to visit older content and two you do not stockpile on only one standing.

I have an even more unpopular opinion that every hub should have a shard at a vendor for standing every week.  Unless that's what you were implying, because I read what you wrote as it being on a rotating vendor, and only 1 a week.  Both Ostron and Solaris were affected by Narmer.  It would not only be more cohesive for them to both have more to do with the Narmer end of things, but it, like you said, would also serve as a reason to play that old content.

I think shards are a good mechanic, and a good end game reward, especially for people that have large arsenals.  I think they need to be leaned into more, rather than kept scarce.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...