The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Does DE have a backup system for accidents like account deleted?

Just wondering.  I haven't bothered linking my account because I only play on PlayStation but thought about linking so I can play on PC but I heard you gotta merge a PC account for it and delete it and if you do something wrong you can delete your main account. 

Google result copy paste. it seems the only hiccup is choosing the correct account to keep as the primary so as you have all your resources plat etc i suppose keeping that as primary is best and play on a PC and have access to your items. if the PC account does not give you access you can just delete that one and still have all you resorces etc etc on the PS and then look for more info. I only use the PC version on Steam so sorry i can not offer more help.

• Linking: Ideal for those with a main account, this lets you designate one as your primary. Its progress, items, and most purchases become accessible on any linked platform (e.g., Switch, PC, Xbox). Remember, linking is a permanent decision.
  • Merging:  Create a powerful unified account by merging multiple eligible ones. Your chosen Primary Account keeps its progress while resources, cosmetics, etc., from other accounts are added. Account merging is ONLY available for accounts made before November 24th, 2023.

I did the process recently cause the forum has been awful since cross save, had issues logging in through Xbox.

Anyway personally think it's hard to make a mistake, there's plenty of warnings and signs telling you which account you picked as your main, I believe you can revert if you make a mistake by contacting support, there was an user that did it.

6 hours ago, johnno23 said:

Google result copy paste. it seems the only hiccup is choosing the correct account to keep as the primary so as you have all your resources plat etc i suppose keeping that as primary is best and play on a PC and have access to your items. if the PC account does not give you access you can just delete that one and still have all you resorces etc etc on the PS and then look for more info. I only use the PC version on Steam so sorry i can not offer more help.

• Linking: Ideal for those with a main account, this lets you designate one as your primary. Its progress, items, and most purchases become accessible on any linked platform (e.g., Switch, PC, Xbox). Remember, linking is a permanent decision.
  • Merging:  Create a powerful unified account by merging multiple eligible ones. Your chosen Primary Account keeps its progress while resources, cosmetics, etc., from other accounts are added. Account merging is ONLY available for accounts made before November 24th, 2023.

So merging window is closed then

12 minutes ago, (PSN)SlyFox5679 said:

So merging window is closed then

Only if your accounts were made after the listed date. If you made your accounts before then, you'll still be eligible.

Edit: To clarify, if you make a PC account today, you'll be able to link it to your PS4, you just won't be able to merge the two.

Merge: All items from both accounts are kept, with the exception of a few that are meant to be one-per-account.

Link: One account takes priority. Anything that isn't in that account will be lost upon connection.

Edited by Corvid