Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×

The purpose of Omnia Fissures was meant to be Relic Burning but they completely missed the mark

Update 35.5 is AMAZING! Dante, Inaros Rework, Invisibility Sliders, Netracells Loot and SP Bounties all complete bangers.
I love what DE is doing with this game, Rebb and Pablo are god-like Devs because they actually care and play the game.
Having said all of this Omnia Fissures completely missed the mark in a way that actually baffled me if Im being honest.

Omnia Fissures are higher level than Axi and they are always endless game-modes, they were meant to be the go-to
place for burning Relics, except for the fact Omnia Fissures let me choose from any type. That sounds like a good thing
until you realize 99% of Players running Omnia Relics will be using an Intact Lith. If you want to crack Axi Relics you should
play Axi, if you want to crack Radiant Lith you should play Lith, as it is now Omnia fissures are just not desirable for burning
Relics because every round is completely random. Sure I have like 200 Axi Relics and 100 Radiant Liths to burn but most
Players cant say the same. And people playing on organized Squads will still do Radshares for specific Relic Types anyways.
All of this is reflected in the amount of Players running Omnia Fissures, I havent been able to find a squad in 4/5 Public runs.

I was completely let down when playing these Omnia Fissures because I thought we were going to be able to crack several
Relics at a time like in the glorious days of the Orokin Towers. And because these are always Endless Game-modes we could
have a balanced way of doing it: You select 1 Relic of each Type, you crack all 4 of them every 10 minutes (or every two
Rounds, depending on the game-mode). This way Omnia Fissures become the best way of Burning Relics, but not the best way
for farming Primes because you can't select 4 Axi Radiants, they have to be 1 of each type (maybe it can even include Requiem)

TL;DR: Omnia Fissures are bad because of RNG. No stacked Relics, no incentive to play them over Axi Fissures and Lith Radshares.

Again, thank you for the marvelous update DE, Im loving Dante (not because he is OP but because his Animations are *chef kiss*)
And the Invisibility Slider was something Ive been waiting since I picked Loki as my starter over 10 years ago, also my boy Inaros
is actually good now? What? Keep these reworks coming, I got Inaros Bundle and I will buy ever Deluxe for Reworked Warframes.

• Like 6

I've queued a few times for Omnia, and either no one wants to run the modes or there's some sort of issue with matchmaking, since I've never once found any public groups.

Mostly it has been alchemy since there's actual drops I could still use from the mode, and the mode is the funnest of the new Labs ones (IMO), so also opening any relics while doing that mode would be good.  But not a single random squad mate found.

But since there's issues matching with the bounties now (queue for normal, get SP, or queue for SP and get normal), matchmaking issues wouldn't surprise me.

• Like 7

On 2024-04-01 at 5:22 PM, Wheelhouser said:

I've queued a few times for Omnia, and either no one wants to run the modes or there's some sort of issue with matchmaking, since I've never once found any public groups.

That's been my experience as well. If there's not a matchmaking issue, then something else needs to be done to make Omnias more appealing. Only allowing endless modes means they're slow, and slow isn't something people value when cracking Relics. For example Void Storms have an extra mission reward drop table. Maybe something like that? Double Traces? That or just allow non-endless modes. Guarantee that one is endless and let the other be fully random.

• Like 3

Maybe you guys tried it to early.  Most peeps were prob farming Dante and or working on the incarnums.   I just tried it out today and got a group on first try...

• I disagree Omni was meant to burn relics....  The purpose was map diversity.  
  • Lumping in ALL relics into omni is beyond stupid.   I cant even scroll through my relics before the timer ends lol.  When I'm not going after specific stuff I'm just using whatever relics I got the most of.  
  • 8+ years of freaking seeing spy in fissure missions and now they add dumb ass crap like Flood?  And they refuse to change corpus defense.  Sure there are freaks who like spy and flood but the vast majority of your players probably don't.

Omni fissures are such a slap in the face to what I wanted to see in fissures..

• GOOD missions on random Map tiles
  • Shared Reactant
  • A way to group up with rando's to pop a radiant relic and have the same chance to get the rare as in a dedicated squad.

Utterly and completely tone def to the community./game.

• Like 1

Several of the new fissures are slapped together. Void Flood and Void Cascade do not work as fissures (they require speed to avoid failing, and fissures require slowing down to collect reactant, so you have to choose between failed crack and failed mission). You can't just slap "collect 10 reactant" into every mode and expect them to work as fissures. They have learned nothing from the years-long issues causes by doing this for excavation (you have to INTENTIONALLY slow roll the actual mode to crack the relics), and compounded it by adding modes you CANNOT SLOW ROLL OR YOU FAIL.

Void Flood, Void Cascade, and Excavation should not be fissures without redesigning the mechanics so cracking relics does not contradict the actual mission objective.

Edited by Void2258
  • Like 11

9 hours ago, (PSN)AbBaNdOn_ said:

Maybe you guys tried it to early.  Most peeps were prob farming Dante and or working on the incarnums.   I just tried it out today and got a group on first try...

So at least Alchemy Omnia is definitely bugged.

I cannot get a group if I queue publicly from my orbiter, but I instantly get full groups if I queue from the elevator in the lab.

I'd absolutely much rather queue from my orbiter for any mission I can (and be put back in my orbiter always when done).

• Like 3

Am 1.4.2024 um 20:35 schrieb Roble_Viejo:

And because these are always Endless Game-modes we could
have a balanced way of doing it: You select 1 Relic of each Type, you crack all 4 of them every 10 minutes (or every two
Rounds, depending on the game-mode). This way Omnia Fissures become the best way of Burning Relics, but not the best way
for farming Primes because you can't select 4 Axi Radiants, they have to be 1 of each type (maybe it can even include Requiem)

Personally I didn't have any issue with finding squads and just enjoyed having fissures in other modes. That being said, this is a great idea; I'd love to get to open more relics at the same time! Would make it great for just farming some prime junk for ducats or topping off on void traces.

• Like 2

Just had BUGFRAME Void Flood minutes ago, we completed several rounds, got Valkyr Prime Chassis, then one relic reward screen popped up when I went into a Void Angel's spectral phase and the reward screen was completely blacked-out THEN WHEN WE WENT TO EXTRACT ALL REWARDS WERE LOST SOMEHOW so that's just great, now I know exactly why no one ever runs these as finding a group for them to begin with is a nightmare all on its own, whether it's matchmaking or the fact I don't blame anyone AT ALL for avoiding these in their current state as that's likely exactly what happens

EDIT:
THANKFULLY
the inbox message from Ordis came through with recovered rewards,
but I'm still calling shenanigans on the current buggy mess that is Zariman Omnia fissures

Edited by DeeDeeLyla
  • Like 2

Honestly, I play Omnia Fissures exclusively now, because of the missions assigned to them? I don't like all of them, but the Alchemy gamemode and Conjunction Survival? Sign me up! Most of the time I'm not even cracking relics, just gathering more void traces so I can max out the ones I really need. Though to be fair... I do fully recognize that the reason I love Omnia fissures, is because it gives me even more of an excuse to go to the Entrati labs tileset, which is inarguably the biggest W of a tileset DE has ever released.

• Like 3

The way they were talking about it pre-patch, I thought you'd be able to crack 4 relics at once. And I was like, good, that'll finally push people to stop using Titania Thermal Sunder, and migrate the end-game players to these new nodes so that they're not polluting the new player experience.

Was disappointed what it ended up being. 

• Like 3

Omnia Alchemy looks like one of best timeinvesting ways, if you wanna get Tennokai mods and dont wanna play normal or SP Alchemy C rotations because of them, but... Corrupted Eximuses+Elementa Eximuses+Mech Eximuses+Acolytes at 500+ lvl it is not eazy task, not for everyone. So, yeah, it is not so popular way to getting shinyes. Truely post-endgame way, imo. Well, i prefer to do this solo with Loki or Ash, and i have no idea about chanses to crack 10+ relics here with +3 neophites in my squad.
I`ll better try to test solo how far i can go with this, but i`ll can be sure that other`s weaking will not ruin my pretty long-run to the edge of damn hell XD
If someone still can be surprised, when random host leave endless mission just after 1-st relic cracked, i`m not, cause my experince teached me that is what worth to expect from random matchmaking.
Well, if someone wanna just to crack any relic with random squad, Omnia not worst way for this, but (sadly) not best in same time. Not faster, not easier way, and with some kind or risk which anyone dont wanna see in any fissure modes (Flood, Cascade, what some guys already notice in this topick before me).
I think, Omnia must be more "tasty" to be enough popular, or... Just not to be endless, maybe.
If speak about Omnia as it is, i`d like to see fissure markers in rotation between all Zariman, Lua and Anatomica nodes, by the way. Maybe, flood or cascade it is failure, but Zariman`s exterminate or MD may be interesting and popular. Or Omnia Lua disruption, for example. Why not? Why not Omnia Anatomica`s Mirror defence and Armatus Omnia disruption?

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

A bit late but I agree with Roble_Viejo that Omnia Relic runs (and all other relic runs)  could be improved. As a game developer (non-DE) I think it would help if there was one more squad option for relic runs that allowed you to specify the minimum Relic upgrade level. This would default to intact so it wouldn't change the way it works now unless you used the option. However you could use the option to specify Exceptional, Flawless or Radiant which would limit the number of squads you can connect with just like the minimum latency option but it would allow you to do high upgrade-level Relics without having to gather a private squad with friends. Just a thought...

• Like 1