The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I Cant Be The Only One....

Is it me or are people way over valuing mods, i mean one guy is buying a mod for 1000 platinum(around £32) isn't that a bit barmy? Also I've been trying to get my hands on Hammer shot and people are wanting anywhere from 20 to 100 plat for it! The way i see it the mod should be worth the amount of mod slots it takes up...

Supply and demand.   You want Hammer Shot.  They have Hammer Shot.    If you want it, you pretty much have to pay what they think it is worth.

Is 20 platinum too much for it?  Don't trade for it.      There's nothing else you can do..

Exactly

IF ou really think the mod is soo cheap and worthless... then why do you actually buy it instead of  getting it yourself?

Besides  mod grade/mods used to upgrade it.. its also the time/difficulty of finding it.

Hammer shot has one of the lowest rates for a reward in Nightmare.

Overvaluing/undervaluing is relative to what a person perceives as the "true price" of a mod.  Different people will see the mod differently.  If you really want it(in economics, it's called inelastic demand), your perceived value is high.  If you want it but are willing to wait for a better price(aka elastic demand), then your perceived value is lower.  The person selling it will determine what value to place on the mod based upon how difficult it was to produce, what they think people will pay, etc.  When a buyer and seller can agree on a price, that's the market price - the price of last sale.

So, when a guy wants to pay 1000 plat for a mod, he values that mod at least enough to give up 1000 plat.  Just because you don't value the mod that high doesn't mean he shouldn't.  Of course he'd like to pay less, but he really wants the mod so he wants to increase his chance of success by offering a higher price.  Make sense?

Overvaluing/undervaluing is relative to what a person perceives as the "true price" of a mod.  Different people will see the mod differently.  If you really want it(in economics, it's called inelastic demand), your perceived value is high.  If you want it but are willing to wait for a better price(aka elastic demand), then your perceived value is lower.  The person selling it will determine what value to place on the mod based upon how difficult it was to produce, what they think people will pay, etc.  When a buyer and seller can agree on a price, that's the market price - the price of last sale.

So, when a guy wants to pay 1000 plat for a mod, he values that mod at least enough to give up 1000 plat.  Just because you don't value the mod that high doesn't mean he shouldn't.  Of course he'd like to pay less, but he really wants the mod so he wants to increase his chance of success by offering a higher price.  Make sense?

This is the most Elaborate Maturest Reply Ive Seen on this topic, I Commend You Bud lol

Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to the Warframe community, home of gamers, ninjas, and the guys from Wall Street xD