The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

PC Dante Unbound: Deep Archimedea: Hotfix 35.5.3

[DE]Megan

Once in a lifetime you release a frame without the need of fixes and buffs and you duck it up like no tomorrow, meanwhile you nerf every other new poopoo you just released, disrespecting your playerbase's time. Truly a mark of incompetence and ignorance.
Since you nerfed everything to HELL, me and bois will be DIVING after them. TWICE.

• Like 12

7 minutes ago, Stomno said:

A lot of fancy to say you don't have arguments... next.

Translation: I lack reading skills and comprehension so I'mma type something edgy.

There is nothing to argue. He was a walking invulnerable room wipe.

The game is easy enough as it is.

I'm sorry for the loss of your "I Win" button.

But if you needed Dante to be that overtuned to play at the cap then you aren't very good at the game now are you?

Now, shoo, go back to wasting more of your time in a capped endless mission and earn yourself that glorious trade ban badge of honor. 

il y a 7 minutes, Nero.DMC a dit :

oh dont worry you wont see Dante anymore, DE took care of your problem

At first I didn't understand what you meant. But you were right. The said friend who bought Dante like 3 days ago just told me he uninstalled the game O_O

So... Yeah, hunter's adrenaline problem solved I guess. But I just lost a friend to play with ahah

He's upset but I know he will come back :D

""little tweaks"" They said
"we're not gonna nerf him too hard" they said

Yall cut his power in half if not way more.

2 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:
  • While the “Divine Retribution” Augment Mod is equipped, the base range of Nezha’s Divine Spears is reduced by 50% (at all Mod Ranks).
    • We didn’t want to change the Mod in a way that would alter the functionality that makes it so effective, so we instead added a range reduction to keep its power within a reasonable level. 

Also this.... wtf is this. I was exited for Nezha to finally be a good warframe. This is way too damn much of a nerf. I really wanna emphasize that a 50% reduction in range isn't a 50% reduction in effectiveness. It's a lot more than that because area scales exponentially with radius. It wasn't nearly as powerful as everyone was complaining about anyways because it has no effect on enemies immune to CC which is 90% of any actual threat in the game. Revert this.

• Like 19

I don't mind the nerfs, just one tiny problem DE:

your LoS checks suck, as is evident with Ember. Maybe address that before tacking this onto Dante's Final Verse. 

Reminder that your LoS checks have sucked for years now.

Also reminder that randomized loadouts are not a real difficulty modifier. 

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, crazywolfpusher said:

I wouldn't call those nukes. Also they need to be alone to function properly. Those 2 are not disrupting anyone.

Ackshully, Saryn disrupts other Saryn...your Spores are not counted together and actively fight against each other.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Aerikx said:

Translation: I lack reading skills and comprehension so I'mma type something edgy.

There is nothing to argue. He was a walking invulnerable room wipe.

The game is easy enough as it is.

I'm sorry for the loss of your "I Win" button.

But if you needed Dante to be that overtuned to play at the cap then you aren't very good at the game now are you?

Now, shoo, go back to wasting more of your time in a capped endless mission and earn yourself that glorious trade ban badge of honor. 

have you played warframe at all? Kulervo and styanax do more damage and more overguard than him, Revenant is quite literally unkillable at all levels of play, it does not even matter if you are vs 9999 enemies, he simply do not care, oh he also can one shot any enemy in the game with very minor setup...

Saryn can wipe the floor with Dante, not even close, Survavility provided was not a problem and the LoS was the worst offender, Dante damage was nowhere near any of the top frames.

• Like 7

Nerfs, tweaks, and changes aside, I would like to throw out a suggestion. Please allow the Deep Archimendea individual parameters items to only pull from Frames/Weapons you already own.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, PollexMessier said:

""little tweaks"" They said
"we're not gonna nerf him too hard" they said

Yall cut his power in half if not way more.

Also this.... wtf is this. I was exited for Nezha to finally be a good warframe. This is way too damn much of a nerf. I really wanna emphasize that a 50% reduction in range isn't a 50% reduction in effectiveness. It's a lot more than that because area scales exponentially with radius. It wasn't nearly as powerful as everyone was complaining about anyways because it has no effect on enemies immune to CC which is 90% of any actual threat in the game. Revert this.

Yeah idk why they don't do radius squared calcs quick to check the actual AoE of stuff

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Aesyhr said:

At first I didn't understand what you meant. But you were right. The said friend who bought Dante like 3 days ago just told me he uninstalled the game O_O

So... Yeah, hunter's adrenaline problem solved I guess. But I just lost a friend to play with ahah

He's upset but I know he will come back :D

yah we all are, we liked the frame and instead of fixing it so we could play with others they just removed him from the game.

• Like 1

Just now, sh0shin said:

Ackshully, Saryn disrupts other Saryn...your Spores are not counted together and actively fight against each other.

yeah yeah even the vulpaphyla spores disrupt saryn. But thats another story.

My point is you cannot steal kills from Dante, you can from Saryn and Octavia and make them irrelevant. No enemies to spread spore? no dmg. No enemies to attack mallet? no dmg.  

I am going to suggest something here that I think makes things more reasonable:

Over guard: Restore the values to the original numbers, but Triumph only applies to Dante while Light verse applies to everyone meaning the numbers will be reasonably small and not be overly bad for builds that require taking damage (500 will last maybe a second or two in most high level missions)

Tragedy: This didn't feel too strong imo, maybe reduce the range to 75% instead of making it LOS

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Rihenwn said:

I was going to answer to the rest of your balderdash, but I just checked you don't even have Dante

It's called Subsuming. 

My main copy is cooking in the Foundry as we speak.

I don't level my 1st copy of a frame. If I do I get lazy and slack on farming a 2nd copy. I subsume, then play my 2nd copy to rank up, forma, and experiment with.

My buddy however, he loves Dante and its playing with him as a maxed out Dante was beyond boring. But as expected. He's too busy having fun than to farm a 2nd one to subsume. (Which is why he barely has anything in Helminth, but I digress)

I won't lie.

We had a good laugh and an absolute blast just ignoring everything, watching the map wipe, and etc. But that gets old. Fast. 

After we went did our SP Circuit run in one sitting he just goes: "Yeah this is getting nerfed."

Lavos's new augment does not work as expected with mods that create new damage instances (Vulcan Blitz, Acid Shells etc)

Voruna's Shroud of Dynar does not correctly affect slam attacks. Formerly, slam attacks with Shroud of Dynar active would cause a slash proc as expected, now it doesn't.

il y a 1 minute, crazywolfpusher a dit :

yeah yeah even the vulpaphyla spores disrupt saryn. But thats another story.

My point is you cannot steal kills from Dante, you can from Saryn and Octavia and make them irrelevant. No enemies to spread spore? no dmg. No enemies to attack mallet? no dmg.  

"The nuke can't nuke when there is no enemy to nuke"

Solid point bruv.

• Like 1

Can you also look into the new Nezha augment? Listen, I get it - It's strong. But the 50% reduction in base range isn't going to lower usage - It's going to take it out back and put it in a grave. There's other ways to nerf the ability. A 20-30% reduction, removal of the status damage amplification that honestly didn't need to even be in the augment. The way you guys' dealt with Divine Retribution didn't nerf it, you might as well have never released it.

This is an incredibly massive overcorrection. You were supposed to spank Nezha not beat him.

• Like 5

I rarely ever post on these forums, but I just wanted to convey my disappointment with the nerfs that were done. Nezha's augment being obliterated by a 50% range nerf is wild and why would you ever do that. Secondly, instead of fixing how overguard works with frames that need to take damage for some abilities like Chroma's, you would instead nerf the overguard itself. I understand, it is easy to just change some numbers and see how it goes, but it does not fix the real underlying issue with overguard. Overall, you just made it less fun. Also, LoS sucks. Just remove it. It is not fun. Do not see the logic. There's no fun to be had here with LoS. 

Edited by Kairosin
  • Like 10

You took a good frame and made him useless with those line of sight changes. You said his damage wasn't the problem... but then give his tragedy a hard line of sight that is blocked by other enemies, meaning you can't clear out all the enemies even surrounding you.  I was on hydron testing him out and failed to hit an enemy with tragedy that I had my crosshairs on his head and only a few feet from. He was out a week and you saw he was popular.. thats to be expected as you did a good job on him. Now I dont even want to play what was my new favorite frame. This could be fixed by giving his 4 a soft line of sight so bodies and enemies don't block it. Also the 50% cut to Nezha's 4 range with the augment makes it useless as well, 20% range cut would have been more reasonable given how radius math works out. It couldn't even effect enemies with overguard anyway and a lot of the tougher enemies could live through it.. it seems like you all just listened to hype youtube titles calling it overpowered using it under leveled content. 

Edited by JonesmanThe64th
wanted to include more thoughts.
  • Like 11

Just now, oHypnotics said:

Nerfs, tweaks, and changes aside, I would like to throw out a suggestion. Please allow the Deep Archimendea individual parameters items to only pull from Frames/Weapons you already own.

You will use the automod Stug and you will like it! Nuff said.

So in what aspect was dante overly dominant in? As far as im aware, most complaints were about overguard to allies, so why not just nerf that aspect instead of touching literally everything els in the kit. People complain about the interaction of overguard and their self damage buffs, but thats not a dante problem its an overguard problem. In terms of the dark verse tragedy combo the closest frame to that would be saryn. Saryn applies spores which when hit spread to other targets while ramping up damage over a duration. Dante applies his slash and detonates that proc with tragedy without the ramp up overtime. Dante compensates for the for not having the ramp up mechanic and easy spore spread by scaling with other dots that may be applied and in turn his dark verse is casted in a cone rather than just spreading in a radius like spores. I dont really understand why nerf this as tragedy's damage alone isnt anything crazy, its the combination/dot damage scaling that makes it. If its a matter of ease of use mesa presses 4 and hlods down lmb becoming an insta kill turret, saryn presses 1 and 4 over and over again, octavia can literally drop her abilities, go invis and afk and those are just the immediate frames i can think of. How can you argue dante being braindead when many frames can perform very similar to him with less inputs required or even doing better with slightly more input.if its support that made him too strong, again many frames give similar results, when was the last time u stepped on a wisp mote and felt in danger of dying or even just being around revenant or a trinity. I would even say that you should have just nerfed his overguard to allies while keeping his the same.

• Like 7

Why the Dante nerfs? I never went to the forums to complaint but i was with Dante in Simularum for the last days and thought this is a really nice frame to nuke low level notes. Why take it away?

Final Verse’s “Tragedy” now only affects enemies within Line of Sight.

• This felt like the most reasonable change to Tragedy since it could be cast back to back without much forethought on positioning. So to make it a more active ability, enemies must now be within range in your Line of Sight to be impacted by it.

There are a lot more warframes with better nukes like Saryn or complete ridiclous dps like kullervo. Dante was fine as he was. This nerf just killed the whole frame for me.

Please think about it.

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, DeadxxSmile said:

Changing his overguard for teams to an augment would make the most sense

DE already has enough bandaid augments. What they should be doing is looking at how Overguard negatively interferes with abilities and mods.

• Like 2