The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

PC Dante Unbound: Deep Archimedea: Hotfix 35.5.3

[DE]Megan

Wow i invested a lot into nezha, arca titron and dante because i was enjoying all of them quite a lot, glad to see all of the slaughtered in a single hotfix. like dante needed a little nerf for sure but this is over kill, personally i would have lowered his range as that limits the area he effects and the damage due to how it scales. Nezha nerf to his augment just killed the augment entirely so thats cool. and arca titron is just dead in the water, yeah its math was strong but thing is the weapon was outside its slams quite bad, unlike other nukes in the game it required you to get 10 kills with a bad weapon before it did anything meaningful.
Yeah bit irritated over this after investing so much into all of theses.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Redrigoth said:

You have 3 frame choices from the image of the UI. You ain't getting your xaku. Enjoy squishy frame in a mode where you can't revive while trying to kill things with Stug and Pangolin

Yeah i know, i did an edit on my post. Forgot to say if i am lucky.

2 часа назад, Mazifet сказал:

nope. still a very strong frame. status immunity (including knockdowns), 90% damage reduction, fast movement, crowd control, energy generation, damage increase, and the new augment is still very strong with a range build. stop overreacting when a minor nerf occurs.

25 radius max possible range is pretty bad, ngl

• Like 2

@[DE]Megan Sorry but is there any way you could pass this along to the team? The LOS nerf on Dante wouldn't have been bad if LOS wasn't as broken as sticky corners were for 10 years. Please, someone look into this issue, Brozime shows exactly what the problem is in this clip and why it was way more than a simple tweak:

https://clips.twitch.tv/StupidSteamySandpiperTF2John-qWt9OPuHGyqJlP6o

If you guys can't fix LOS issues can you at least talk about reverting the change and just reducing the ability's range instead?

• Like 1

I have nothing much to add regarding Dante, the general sentiment reflects my thoughts. Augment for providing team-wide Overguard (and therefore removal of it by default) was the only needed tweak.

Now, regarding the Deep Archimedia. Given that I happened to be locked to arsenal of status-based weapons and support frames, I realized something about enemy Necramechs. Currently they scale poorly without any form of multiplicative damage boost abilities for weaker weapons and are immune to armor strip, rendering a large amount of combinations useless. But that is just part of the problem. I assume that by their design, they are supposed to be field bosses, not just optional damage sponges, and we already had perfectly designed Void Angels! They actively force you to chain between Warframe and Operator, promoted active maneuvering in either form, are fairly challenging despite having no status cap/armor removal and to top it all off, solid rewards to boot. Maybe instead of increasing EHP and giving them status cap/armor strip immunity they could've been given some Murmur-themed abilities that require the player to switch between Operator and Warframe, decrease their rarity to keep them from breaking the pace too frequently and give Vocas/Arcanes on death? Goes without saying that being locked into RNG loadouts, with more then half of combinations being underpowered and the rest too powerful, is a short-sighted decision in the first place that I hope to see adressed. 

Finally, the enemy Overguard's interaction with mentioned abilities/weapons. It is painful to see another nail in the coffin of obscure/powercrept options that should be promoted, expanded and iterated upon, instead of just EHP bruteforcing Incarnon-whatever. But with release of next meta, the problem will surely solve itself just as it did already so many times, right

Edited by Ordo_Hereticus
  • Like 2

Just wanted to add my 2c, built dante last night and was running Netracells. Had a very nice build going, felt like it was an endgame warframe that had endgame mods that could just kinda barely handle netracell solo without dying. I don't have the best of the best mods but mostly everything working in my favor as I could. Could just barely eek out a win with Dante and finished a Netracell using him and his exalted book with a couple Tome Mods I got from twitch drops. Took about 22 minutes. Running the same thing with my generic Trinity build and Laetum takes about 12-13 minutes. 

Now I can't even finish the Netracell with Dante, survivability doesn't keep up. Might if I slap like four archon shards and 3 forma on his book but it seems really overkill to counter the nerf.

Personally IMO you should undo the LOS change, and add an augment mod that massively increases his overgaurd even pre-nerf but causes it not to affect teammates (would be nice if it still affected your pet) if you still want to nerf his overgaurd. (Or do the inverse and make it do that, and require an augment to affect the team.)

Edited by OzymandiasJ
  • Like 7

New game mode needs the RNG aspect for gear removed. I want to be challenged and be allowed to meet the challenge MY way. Not be fake challenged by a system that forces me to use things I don't want to use. Circuit is fun and the decree system is what makes the RNG there fun. This new game mode is just going to be annoying and frustrating. We all want endgame, difficult content (the veterans do anyway). So why make an attempt to give it to us then limit what loadouts we can bring to it? That's not fun.

• Like 6

I bought Dante with platinum and spent forma on him, and now he's nerfed to the ground?  Please fix this because I feel like I wasted my money.  

Enemies with Crowd Control immunity (ex: Overguard) have had the following interactions removed: 

• Frost's Ice Wave Impedance Augment (specifically the frozen trail that slows them)
  • Rhino’s Stomp (slow effect)
  • Primary Obstruct (weapon jamming)
  • Exodia Epidemic (enemy suspension)
  • Zenurik Temporal Drag (slow effect)
  • Wisp’s Breach Surge (blind)
  • Halikar (disarm)
  • Mesa’s Muzzle Flash (blind)
  • Proboscis Cernos (stun and pull)
  • Mag’s Counter Pulse Augment (robotics disabling and disarm)
  • Mag’s Fracturing Crush Augment (immobilization) 
  • Malicious Code (immobilization) 

Great, this interaction with Ice Wave Impedance helped make Frost competitive in higher levels, and now it's gone.  None of those interactions even killed the enemies, so what was the problem?  How am I supposed to compete with an older frame when you keep making changes like these?  It feels like we're constantly being pushed toward the meta, but some of us like playing with older frames.  We need buffs, not nerfs.  

Edited by DTaina
Clarity
  • Like 7

21 minutes ago, EsperSparks said:

Ok probably one of the few ppl not complaining about nerfs ( Give alternatives then if you dont like the nerfs guys, just saying MMM BAD ME ANGY isnt gonna do much )

De, if able im still waiting for the ability to donate roller floofs, Prominence Wisp totem decors, and potentially figure props into the dojo.
If atleast, the Prominent wisp totems. Bought a good few from the Gargoyl's cry event, just so i could put em into my dojo, but still unable to.

literally 100's of suggestions of far more sensible changes that actually adress the complaints and not gutter the frame and there comes your comment to show us that there is always someone that did not read at all and they feel the need to say something incredible stupid showing everyone he is incapable of reading yet he feels like he needs to add his useless 2 cents to a conversation he have not taken the time to read or understand at all, makes it so hard to stay polite....

• Like 7

hace 3 horas, [DE]Megan dijo:

Dante Balance Changes

In the time that Dante has been available to play, he has quickly become a fan favorite! We recognize how much of a blast it's been to play this quill-wielding Leverian wizard, which is something we have kept at the forefront while determining the following balance changes. These changes are not meant to suspend the fun factor but to maintain our philosophy on why we nerf things in Warframe (automated play, disruptive to squad, or overly dominant). 

After much review and feedback consideration, we recognized that it’s not the damage Dante can deal that needed to be addressed, but rather his accumulation of Overguard. We still believe Dante is in a strong place even with these adjustments, as our goal from the start was never to nerf him into the ground. However, finding balance isn’t found simply in the nerfs, but also in the buffs! So we have also given a little bit of love to Wordwarden and Triumph. 

Completely missed the main issue : Dante's Overguard regeneration to
allies is MANDATORY to his kit, so he negates HP builds just by playing

Gauss 2, Hunter Adrenaline, anything that requires DMG to HP is turned off
You nerfed Dante exactly in the wrong way and the LoS mess up his theme

Having such a popular release and selling tons of bundles just to nerf Dante
in such a way is bitter to say the least, and the nerf to his Overguard to allies
is still needed because I cant play him if there is a Gauss or Nidus in my team.

• Like 6

This is the worst nerd ever like he's not even playable anymore as a waste of energy just to cast the ability for you not to kill anything you spent platinum on a pack. Guess what no refund will not spending any more money on this game.

• Like 2

Wow these Dante changes are extremely unnecessary, we could've had some variety and fun with the meta damage frames but apparently fun is too much to ask for. First new frame in a while that's been even remotely fun or interesting and now some  "slight tweaks" are plaguing a frame who's barely been out for a week, massively disappointing and I hope these get swiftly reverted.

• Like 6

Remember when you made Exalibur’s Radial Javlin line of sight and everyone stopped using it? That’s going to happen here.

Restricting an ability to Line of Sight remains one of the biggest nerfs you can possibly make!

Edited by Diremongoose
  • Like 2

I feel like I wasted my Plat on Dante. I finally hit a good enough discount and was interested enough in Dante to buy the cool wizard frame and he gets nerfed hours I hit level 30 with him. Looks like that is egg on my face for buying something close to release in a FTP game. 

The worst part is the nerfs to overguard still don't fix the anti-synergy that is affecting players with health damage gimmicks. In the same notes where it states that damage was not one of the things that needed nerfed the usability of tragedy got nerfed with buggy line of sight. If you want positioning to be a factor when using the ability, why not give tragedy cone like Dark Verse? The current state of LoS in general punishes players who have good positioning by not properly registering what enemies should get effected. 

Back to titania and garuda I guess.

• Like 5

When I saw the possible gear I could run to increase my research, I notice that the game also gave me a choice to run a weapon that I don't own. There's already a post from someone who doesn't own any of the listed melee weapons, so they either need to go out and craft it or potentially miss out on that week. Is that suppose to happen?

• Like 5

These archimedeans are trash tier lazy design. You want to increase the difficulty or make the end game more compelling? Increase enemy levels, make some new game types and maps, some unique encounters. Forcing us to use frames and/or weapons that we don't like (worst part of duviri) and random negative modifiers and game types (worst part of archon hunts and sorties) is just lazy on your part and irritating for players. Frankly, the rewards for this aren't worth the headache. I'm not doing this garbage, ill skip this patch and just buy the arcanes.

Side note: Dante nuking through walls was fine, he's now not worth using at all. To the 3 people that were complaining, have you never been in a group with a saryn, gara, vauban, gauss, etc? If you think he was overpowered, you need your head examined. He didnt scale particularly well and to make him even remotely competitive damage wise in higher levels he required a LOT of setup that changed his gameplay loop to something that required effort. He was an overguard  and buff bot, now there are better options. I'm taking off the shards and benching him.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Terragis said:

@[DE]Megan Sorry but is there any way you could pass this along to the team? The LOS nerf on Dante wouldn't have been bad if LOS wasn't as broken as sticky corners were for 10 years. Please, someone look into this issue, Brozime shows exactly what the problem is in this clip and why it was way more than a simple tweak:

https://clips.twitch.tv/StupidSteamySandpiperTF2John-qWt9OPuHGyqJlP6o

If you guys can't fix LOS issues can you at least talk about reverting the change and just reducing the ability's range instead?

This is so sad bro how does 3 work but not 4 HAHAHAHAHA

• Like 2

1 minute ago, NekroArts said:

When I saw the possible gear I could run to increase my research, I notice that the game also gave me a choice to run a weapon that I don't own. There's already a post from someone who doesn't own any of the listed melee weapons, so they either need to go out and craft it or potentially miss out on that week. Is that suppose to happen?

RNG loadout is literal cancer. Only reason it was tolerated in duviri is because the mode isnt 1/4 as hard as deep archamedia and you also get decrees to boost your dps so even S#&$ weapon can do something. They need to remove it or limit the rng only to stuff you own and have potato + forma on it which means it is a built viable weapon

• Like 4

I'm so upset. Finally found a frame I love besides my starter (Loki, yes Loki with over 70% usage rate). After about 1000-1200 plat and a lot of endo/time invested into Dante I dont even want to look at him. Taking the weekend off and hope to come back to Dante being usable again. I just completely have no idea where nerfs to this degree came from and who thought it was ok.

• Like 7

I am hoping, in investigating Line of Sight issues with Dante, that LoS in general is looked over. Others have mentioned Khora's whipclaw often failing what should be obvious line of sight successes, but there are many LoS-reliant abilities out there, and thous could surely benefit from an improvement in how the game considers something within your sight. Especially since tilesets are growing more complex over time.

I am disappointed in the severity of the range nerf to Divine Retribution. At maximum range, the ability is now reduced to little above its base range without the augment, and that feels like a lot less usability for the amount of investment required.

• Like 3