The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

LoS Fixes for Dante’s Tragedy coming in next Hotfix

[DE]Megan

Since LoS is not getting reverted, can I just get a refund? Ive never asked for a refund in my like 11-10 years of playing. Is there a request ticket i can fill out?

• Like 25

42 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

We've been poring over your comments regarding the balance changes to Dante. We want to reiterate that we are paying close attention to player feedback and taking these conversations very seriously. As with everything in Warframe, iteration is always possible, and we’ll be keeping a close eye on how Dante feels now that these alterations are in your hands. 

One of the clearest pain points from the community is the inconsistencies in Tragedy’s Line of Sight (LOS) checks, and we can confirm that the following changes are already on deck for an upcoming hotfix: 

• Tragedy not hitting ragdolled enemies that are within LOS

• Increasing the number of LOS checks per enemy to improve the reliability of marginal hits 

We are still actively reading your feedback and encourage you to continue to share your constructive thoughts after spending time playing Dante with the changes. Thank you to everyone who has shared their thoughts with us thus far!

--
To add to the above, it's very obvious to us, as it is with players, that Tragedy's LOS is clearly not in an ideal state due to the bugs we listed above. It's not working as intended and we want to remedy that as soon as we can. Once the fixes go live, we'll be watching for your thoughts as you experience it the way was designed to function.  

Just revert the changes! Problem solved!

Seriously. You're just cutting off your nose to spite your face at this point. 

Edited by Ace-Bounty-Hunter
  • Like 15

7 minutes ago, Stormandreas said:

Those crying about the dante changes. Seethe harder.

I don't apolagize for that remark. It's true, Dante was wildly overtuned. Is he dead now? LOL no. Not at all.

Actually go ingame, and play him. Try it, it's absolutely fine. He still generates Overguard for FREE, he still nukes entire rooms pretty easily.
The only problem he really has is Acolytes and energy consumption (due to requiring 3 ability casts to do his nuke)

The solution? The story simply needs to not be deleted after casting

lmao i am playing Saryn and doing like 20x the damage dante does, sure Dante was a huuuuuge problem, he never was better than any of the good frames, now he is worse than most frames, oh look a kullervo dealing insane damage in seconds while dante is hitting 3 enemies in his LoS... dumb posts are dumb...
lmao and to add to your bad take you think he need to keep the verses... wow just wow your build is bad and you should not be suggesting anything to them before understanding the basics of the game

• Like 14

5 minutes ago, Stormandreas said:

I don't apolagize for that remark. It's true, Dante was wildly overtuned. Is he dead now? LOL no. Not at all.

Actually go ingame, and play him. Try it, it's absolutely fine. He still generates Overguard for FREE, he still nukes entire rooms pretty easily.
The only problem he really has is Acolytes and energy consumption (due to requiring 3 ability casts to do his nuke)

Sorry but that isn't true at all and your disregard for other players is pretty damning. I'm willing to bet this hotfix doesn't account for so many false hitboxes that are still in every map. LoS is a broken mechanic as it stands and needs to be removed. Just because he generates overguard doesn't make the heavy nerfs OK. There's 3 other frames that can do that easily.

I too have been here since the beginning, I don't see why you feel the need to ignore the majority of players' opinions. You must be one of the few that would actually cry if everyone could finally get Excalibur Prime.

• Like 10

1 minute ago, CjoewD said:

Since LoS is not getting reverted, can I just get a refund? Ive never asked for a refund in my like 11-10 years of playing. Is there a request ticket i can fill out?

^this right here. i love warframe but oh sweet lord yall dropped the ball on this one. if this is how yall are gonna handle "hotfixes" then i want a damn refund.

• Like 11

2 dark verse ability now become TRASH not TRAGEDY. i'm okay with all nerf another abillty or the OG but the tragedy los change is make dante dead, 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, CjoewD said:

If you ever get an answer from DE (higly unlikely) then please tell me aswell, I also want a refund if this is what they're going with.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, nicolajtheking2 said:

If you ever get an answer from DE (higly unlikely) then please tell me aswell, I also want a refund if this is what they're going with.

Unless  you are EU I doubt we have a hope of getting one

• Like 3

I have heard so many content creators talking about how Dante was not A tier, but became their favorite frame. I feel several folks in the community were also feeling this way. "Wow, they nailed this warframe"... 
This is the biggest shot in the foot in a long time. The community response is outpouring negative, like 99.9% resents this nerf and likely won't be playing this frame anymore.

Do the right thing.

• Like 16

I understand the need for changes but they seem awfully fast. This was the most fun I've had with a new frame in a long while. Maybe it would have been wise to make sure there weren't LOS issues before enacting a pretty solid hit to his kit.

• Like 5

22 minutes ago, Tecstasy said:

This is valid feedback DE you are in the wrong with video proof Swallow your pride and admit it.

Revert the Nerf

Spoiler

Revert the Nerf.

• Like 13

FULLY revert the changes, not these unnecessary half-measures which rely on bug fixes that may or may not work and nobody wanted. Nobody considers this a positive change, it is overwhelmingly reviled. 

• Like 7

Please revert everything back, there's no problem with how Dante was, the real problem here is Chroma players and Rage users, maybe focus on fixing the interactions with Overguard instead of nerfing the new frame please?

Dante's the shiny new thing, of course he's going to be used a lot, it has been only a week and this nerf is uncalled for.

• Like 11

41 minutes ago, (PSN)jcodybunch said:

How is it fair to nerf a brand new frame right after the community has just spent resources and real money on it? That's gonna  kill any future enthusiasm for new frame releases. 

How is it unfair? If anything I'm more excited by future frames if they're releasing them in a state thats good enough they get nerfed! If a frame gets nerfed its good, I want good frames.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Stormandreas said:

nah, i have try in netracell and deep arch, and dante is trash now, even my volt way more better for dmg entire room

• Like 5

Pls just revert this change. It was so unneeded and frankly so surprising based off rebb’s comments from the dev short. 
The LOS change feels extremely bad and takes away from the fun of playing Dante. 

the OG nerf seemed a bit harsh as well however if a compromise has to happen I’d rather keep that and fully get rid of LOS nerf 

Edited by Sibblesandbits
  • Like 10