The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

LoS Fixes for Dante’s Tragedy coming in next Hotfix

[DE]Megan

Great job nerfing a good frame for wiping the map even though there are other frames that still do that, if you're going to nerf stuff, be consistent or don't do it all. Revert the nerf.

Edited by Razgriz646
  • Like 10

47 minutes ago, MrBoople said:

Revert the Nerf

Just quoting your post since DE DEleted the video you were quoting

Bad DE! don't edit you users posts by spoilering them, i'm VERY disappointed in you right now...

Spoiler

6 minutes ago, Waeleto said:

We don't like the changes, is it too hard to understand ? REVERT THEM

Secret info DE doesn't want you to see...

Edited by nicolajtheking2
  • Like 9

49 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

One of the clearest pain points from the community is the inconsistencies in Tragedy’s Line of Sight (LOS) checks, and we can confirm that the following changes are already on deck for an upcoming hotfix: 

• Tragedy not hitting ragdolled enemies that are within LOS

• Increasing the number of LOS checks per enemy to improve the reliability of marginal hits 

If this is on the table for Dante, it should be for Ember (3) and Khora (1) as well.  Both of those abilities feel terrible to use because using them is like rolling the dice.  It's never clear to the player if you will hit or if you won't.

• Like 10

I agree with many of the previous speakers - Please! Revert these changes.
Playing Dante on corridor maps (such as Eris or Kuva Fortress is a tragedy in general) is a misunderstanding.

Leave the nerfed OG for ALLIES and let Dante have big numbers - it's not bad

Why is this a problem? Somehow many other frames didn't get changes so quickly...
it's not even a week since it was added. There are frames that will easily overtake him - he will not be the second Revenant or Wukong who received additional BUFFS.

• Like 9

line of sight has been a buggy mess since it was implemented, and has entirely been used only to nerf frames who did not need it. Please, consider either fixing line of sight to not be so inconsistent as to hit only 50% of the time, including with enemies right in front of you, or get rid of line of sight entirely. I used to be a Khora player, emphasis on used to.

• Like 3

Just put it back to how it was. Revert the changes. This was nothing more than a nerf to fun. He was out for 7 days didn't even give the hype a chance to die down before you pushed everyone back to the Frakes that have been "dominating" for like 9 years. Sooooo BAD. 👎

• Like 7

This feels very useless, why did he get nerfed? I had so much fun with him and he didn't even feel that OP. There's a lot of other frames that are even more OP than him and they were never nerfed. Please, let us have some fun and revert the changes, cut the OG to teammates by 50% or something.

• Like 5

Sadly, Dante got the Styanax treatment. Was working as intended and fun to play, without being OP. A few people loudly declared "OP" and in short order, crippling nerfs removed the fun and utility within days of release. RIP.

• Like 8

Nerfing out a perfect frame in like a week? That might just be the news to make any player whether old or new to consider leaving a game that is so inconsistent and would prefer to listen to a minor group of the community rather than the general one. Such an unnecessary change that would cost the devs and the game major loses. The best course of action will be to remove the LoS.

• Like 6

"We want to reiterate that we are paying close attention to player feedback and taking these conversations very seriously."

If you actually were doing that you would have noticed that the majority of the community was against ANY nerfs to Dante.

The only valid argument people had for a change(not nerf) was that the forced Overguard generation on allies interfered with some builds reliant on taking damage(which the current changes did absolutely nothing to address that).

Right now I see 2 possible options:

1. revert ALL the nerfs and maybe do something to address the actual problem people had with the frame(forced Overguard on allies, which is not even a Dante problem since he's not the only Warframe that can force Overguard on allies)
  2. give everyone who bought Dante the option for a refund, no matter which method they used to buy him ((just Dante, Dante Collection or DANTE CHRONICLES PACK)
Edited by Diztiler
  • Like 12

As others have noted, the argument that Dante is "too dominant" is vague.
It makes little sense to punish Dante for being seen frequently in missions, when he's a new frame that's relatively easy to obtain.
Likewise, it makes even less to punish him for being able to kill enemies effectively when he's... literally a DPS frame? Based on a classical Wizard, no less? Exactly the kind of frame who should be able to obliterate enemies?

But as a compromise, hear me out: Revert the LoS changes to Tragedy, but reduce its radius and then make it a location-targeted effect like Inferno. That way Dante has to actually aim the ability to use it, rather than just sitting in one spot and detonating everything that gets close. Keep the Wizard flavor by letting him "cast Fireball", so to speak.

As far as the Overguard... I agree that his personal Overguard definitely shouldn't have been hit so hard as it was. The suggestion to revert the amount given for him while keeping the amount low for allies is sensible. Alternately, just reducing the range on it would have been enough.

The complaint people had about Dante's ability to provide Overguard was flawed. The issue isn't that he provides too much or too effectively, the issue was always that Overguard interferes with certain abilities (such as Vex Armor) and builds (such as those that use Rage), and people simply blamed Dante because they were seeing him in missions a lot (which they should expect, he's a new frame). They will still have the same complaints as long as he provides any amount, just like they will for Styanax with Intrepid Stand.
Dante's Overguard provisions are a mere symptom of the greater issue with Overguard as a whole.

Edited by Archwizard
  • Like 6

At this point either you give us back all the stuff we invested into Dante or you revert the changes. 

He was so fun i stayed after i came back to the game spend hours framing and using 7+ forma (and one umbral forma) just for him to be worse than ember. 

This is not the way.

Edited by Erekorn
forgot i also used umbral forma on dante :/
  • Like 10

Adding LoS kills the wizard taste of the frame, kills the joy of players, like you force your wizard to use a missle launcher. Also, you should clarify what is your definition of Line of Sight, explain it carefully so people can plan to build the frame. Add the Line of Sight warning into your UI. And how does that line of sight work. You throw all players upside down with just one 'slight tweak'. Please revert the mechanic on his skill back.

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, nicolajtheking2 said:

I wonder when DE will "lock" this thread since they're getting ratio'd HARD.

I really hate to say this, but one only needs to look at the "PSA: Heirloom Collection Platinum Changes & Lessons" to show they absolutely can and will ignore getting ratio'd, among other changes over the years. To repeat @Ace-Bounty-Hunter said a few posts from yours, if they want to, they certainly will cut off their own nose to spite their face.

It would be nice if the changes were reverted, and the Nezha nerf feels wholly too much for a frame that doesn't see much use anyway, but I expect them to push through LoS alterations for Dante alone. Bonus points if it goes through without addressing the LoS issues many frames still have that had that added.

To add my ten cents (heh), I too agree with fully reverting the changes, both for Dante and Nezha.

• Like 11

Please change dante back to what he was. Only nerf needed was to og on team mates. That was all. You pretty much stole my money, time and materials used on dante. I would have never bought him knowing you would do this. Sad thing is I really love this game but I'm not sure if I want to Play it any more knowing your ok with doing this to your loyal and long time players. The first good warframe you put out in years and you nerf it into the ground less than a week into his life. I'm so disappointed. Had a good thing for once, something I looked forward to and it was ruined. Do better DE!

Edited by OG1AboveA11
Typo
  • Like 8

Echoing the sentiment that if the changes are not reverted, there should be the possibility for people to refund. Like many others I got the $15 pack to get started with a frame I was highly interested in out the gate, but if this is the approach taken, it essentially amounts to a bait-and-switch scam.

• Like 12

Sometimes things that aren’t broke or need nerfing… should just be left alone… 

Fully Revert the Dante changes. 

I don’t need to speak for anyone or everyone, as just about everyone is voicing the same concern.

• Like 13