The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

what is this effect?

_Anise_

Question

12 answers to this question

Posted (edited)

yeah seems to be a new one they updated,  you win the points!

though I dont know why they now have two different distinctive looking finisher effects

Edited by _Anise_
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Anonymouse7611 said:

Are you sure this indicates the enemy is open to finishers?  I still see the red icon over enemies that are open to finishers, whereas I see this new effect over enemies that are stunned, silenced, or asleep.

The red icon is for Mercy Kills, which is different from Finishers.

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Parazon#Mercy

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Finisher

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Anonymouse7611 said:

Right. The OP was asking about the new orange arrow sticking into enemies' heads.  I do *not* think the new effect indicates the enemy is open to finishes but rather the enemy is stunned/silenced/asleep.

Being blinded / asleep / etc is what allows forced (i.e. outside of being unaware) Melee Finishers.

This has always been the case, the orange indicator was added to make that state more obvious.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, OuroborosGhost said:

are you playing inaros? i cant open image.
his blind puts a big weird arrow above head.
im colorblind so the parazon one might be orange....but inaros seem closer to orange then red to me =P

Again, the red icon is for Parazon Mercy Kills, the orange one is for
when you can perform Melee Finishers on blinded / sleeping / etc enemies.

To OP: Your link with the screenshot doesn't work, but I guess you mean the same thing as me (see a screenshot below).

I can confirm:
This is a new icon that indicates the ability to perform Finisher / Execution on an enemy.

I managed to make sure:

On mission I used Radial Blind (blinds enemies so you can execute them immediately) and these icons appeared above enemies heads.

. . .

Zrzut-ekranu-624.png1st: Enemy low HP on Khora's cage.  2nd: Enemies marked by Radial Blind (I have this skill on Loki from Excalibur 1st Skill; added by Helminth).

Recently, during a mission, I was wondering what the orange icon was (like an arrow hitting with an impact) above the opponents' heads. I haven't seen it before (and I play almost every day). I don't use the orange energy color, so I was even more surprised. Maybe I wasn't paying attention before?

8 hours ago, Roswell5151Qc said:

Why DE didn't show it lol

But ... they did.

Melee Finisher Improvements

Melee Finishers have been updated to standardize Finisher eligibility across enemies and weapons. Previously, if an enemy did not have a finisher animation prepared for a certain weapon type, then players would not be able to perform that specific Finisher on them. We have added default animations for all weapon types to prevent this restriction, meaning all enemies* should now be eligible for every type of finisher.

• Also added a new VFX to showcase when an enemy is open to Finishers. You will still need to get into proper position to execute the finisher with this VFX active!
    2d3dd42fa5deb71eb10b04ebff5be0ef.jpg
    • This includes finisher openings created by Warframe abilities (ex: Inaros Desiccation) and Ground Finishers. 
  • Like 2

Le 24/04/2024 à 09:13, NinjaZeku a dit :

But ... they did.

Melee Finisher Improvements

Melee Finishers have been updated to standardize Finisher eligibility across enemies and weapons. Previously, if an enemy did not have a finisher animation prepared for a certain weapon type, then players would not be able to perform that specific Finisher on them. We have added default animations for all weapon types to prevent this restriction, meaning all enemies* should now be eligible for every type of finisher.

• Also added a new VFX to showcase when an enemy is open to Finishers. You will still need to get into proper position to execute the finisher with this VFX active!
    2d3dd42fa5deb71eb10b04ebff5be0ef.jpg
    • This includes finisher openings created by Warframe abilities (ex: Inaros Desiccation) and Ground Finishers. 

oh I'm sorry forgot it. But thanks