The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Dante Unbound] Our plans for next week (35.5.6)

[DE]Momaw

Message added by [DE]Momaw,

These changes were implemented to the game with Hotfix 35.5.6:

https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1393246-pc-dante-unbound-hotfix-3556/

44 minutes ago, Aerikx said:

All of you furiously yelling for them to remove LoS...

Literally saying: Just let us nuke the map endlessly

This is a Monkey's Paw wish.

I'm warning you. If they listen they will nerf Dante's range and other abilities into the ground to balance it. Might even slap some crazy energy costs on it out of spite.

Then you'll be begging for the LoS restriction to come back....

*Reflects on the Bladestorm, Cataclysm, Sound Quake, and numerous Chroma Nerfs* 

I see the Monkey's Paw Finger twitching....

it doesn't need to be like that though. there are elegant approaches. Nerfing his range would honestly be better than LOS. Asking for us to not complain so they don't react in spite, that's a them problem, not an us problem. If they react in spite, they're doing so towards their customers and that generally doesn't end well. It already has a crazy energy cost because you have to cast 3 skills to get 1 nuke. I'd rather them do something like Punch Through for abilities. You can reach 70m out but your punch through only goes through like 4-8m, something less probably. Then I can probably safely say "oh, I see red on the map on the other side of that thin wall" and do something other than physically go into that room and try to get LOS on all the enemies after casting Dark Verse on everything so I have a CHANCE to nuke. LOS is stupid in a game like this and punch through would go a long way to finding a middle ground between LOS and multi-tile death frames.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Voltage said:

Why not just remove Line of Sight from Tragedy? It's been a point of negative feedback every time it's been added to something. It doesn't matter whether it's Dante, Khora, or several other abilities and weapons. Line of Sight in Warframe has just been historically bad. I am all for allowing room for fixes and benefits, but Line of Sight has never really worked "well". I know most players forget about something a few weeks after it's passed, but Line of Sight issues have remained in the game for a very long time. 

In any case, thank you for the transparency and working towards improvements. The Overguard changes are nice to see as well. Here's hoping that this attention to Dante can be seen throughout other Warframes to give them much-needed love or long-overdue balance changes.

I have never seen so many likes to one post. Sir, you are on point as almost always.

• Like 2

I think most LoS abilities need a blanket change, where failing the checks just reduces their range, ideally by around 50%, though as much as 70% would be tolerable for some abilities.

• Like 1

Remove Line of Sight from Tragedy. Please, remove Line of Sight from Tragedy. Pretty please, remove Line of Sight from Tragedy. Pretty please with a chocolate sundae, remove Line of Sight from Tragedy. Pretty please with a chocolate sundae covered in rainbow sprinkles, remove Line of Sight from Tragedy. Pretty please with a chocolate sundae covered in rainbow sprinkles drizzled with caramel, remove Line of Sight from Tragedy. Pretty please with a chocolate sundae covered in rainbow sprinkles drizzled with caramel and a cherry on top, remove Line of Sight from Tragedy. In short, I have asked as nicely as I possibly could. Just put it back the way it was. Please.

• Like 1

Please don't forget about the Arca Titron. It was nerfed to a frankly really disappointing state and is now no longer competitive in the Steel Path. I know the focus is on Dante, but please don't leave us Arca Titron fans out to dry for years again. 

Slam Multiplier too low:

Guaranteed Electric Proc bugged and not working: 

• Like 2

27 pages and counting of people telling you to remove entirely the line of sight mechanic and you still don't listen nice way of proving to the comunity you don't care and don't even listen to them let's see if you will finally listen when people start to boycot you vote with your wallet and your play time guys teach them a lesson 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, [DE]Momaw said:

Vex Armor can charge its damage buff by getting ranged kills and its armor buff by getting melee or ability kills. This is in addition to the existing functionality. This allows Vex Armor to work while having Overguard and also in general provides a nice interaction where you can get the buff faster from playing well and not just from tanking hits.

THANK YOU!!!!! This is a wonderful change and I look forward to future changes!

Dante is already an extremely active play style, the LoS only makes things worse. Remove LoS or give me back all the forma I invested, it's that simple. I will not play him in this state any longer. He's no longer fun to play and you've abosultely ruined him.

• Like 2

It's been an exciting week for Warframe. Following the very positive launch of Dante Unbound, we threw open the doors to the Deep Archimedea and Elite Deep Archimedea. People have been laughing all the way to the bank with their new-found riches of Archon Shards.

But there's also been some missteps which we must take responsibility and apologize for, with regard to Dante himself and the rapid changes that caught people unawares. We've already made a big correction by fixing the new Line of Sight calculations which were, to put it bluntly, not as good as they should have been on release.

We never stop reviewing feedback, and in the spirit of making constant improvements to our game, here's a preview of our next steps in response to what players have said:

• Adding back and formalizing the Status Damage Vulnerability to Dante's "Pageflight". In other words not just making enemies take more Status procs, but also increasing the damage of their Status. We removed this in Hotfix 35.5.3 because it was unexpected, and we regarded it as a bug. But many of you have expressed a desire to have this back, so we are working to restore it.
  • Improving the co-op play between Warframes that give their teammates Overguard and Warframes that rely on taking damage:
    • Vex Armor can charge its damage buff by getting ranged kills and its armor buff by getting melee or ability kills. This is in addition to the existing functionality. This allows Vex Armor to work while having Overguard and also in general provides a nice interaction where you can get the buff faster from playing well and not just from tanking hits.
    • Rage/Hunter Adrenaline will now grant Energy when you don't have Shields, so Inaros and Nidus (or any frame when their Shields are temporarily down), can regenerate Energy even through Overguard.

You can expect to see a Hotfix next week that adds these items. Other forms of self damage like Combat Discipline will also be reviewed in the future. We have definitely heard you on this point, we're just not sure that it will be done as quickly as the other interactions already mentioned.

Just revert the nerfs alredy he was fine before all this crap purfect in fact but you guys just had to go and mess with him even after almost the whole comunity sead he's fine and he dosent need nerfs but you didn't listen you didn't listen to the people who play your game 

And now you most likely will suffer for it iv seen hundreds of people wanting refunds for there tenocon tickets, stop playing the game all together and or want refunds for there time and money they spent on Dante 

You dont always know whats best for the comunity this is one of those times 

• Like 2

How long are you going to continue not acknowledging any of the feedback on the horrid changes you made to Dante and continue shoving cotton in your ears? If you actually value our feedback at all, remove LoS from Dante.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, ClockworkDirge said:

How long are you going to continue not acknowledging any of the feedback on the horrid changes you made to Dante and continue shoving cotton in your ears? If you actually value our feedback at all, remove LoS from Dante.

I think we need to get some gaming news outlets involved for them even to listen 

How's the title 

Gaming company dosent listen to its comunity and it has a massive backlash because of it 

Edited by (XBOX)toughdragon17
Fixing words
  • Like 3

Rage/Hunter Adrenaline will now grant Energy when you don't have Shields, so Inaros and Nidus (or any frame when their Shields are temporarily down), can regenerate Energy even through Overguard.

How is this gonna work for frames with shields that rely on rage like Valkyr, Rhino or Nezha. Your shields can't go down if you have overguard protecting them. TBH it doesn't sound like any changes are being made aside from nidus and inaros.

Edited by Joezone619
  • Like 1

What about a compromise? Tragedy has LoS by itself, but bypasses the LoS check on enemies tagged with Dark Verse.

I suspect this is about high range builds nuking the whole map on regular starchart through walls (forgetting many other frames can also do this with their 4). I suspect this to be the case, because in Steel Path Tragedy by itself doesn't really do that much damage. The status burst from Dark Verse slash procs on the other hand can hit for millions of damage, but Dark Verse always had a LoS check.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, (XBOX)toughdragon17 said:

I think we need to get some gaming news outlets involved for them even to listen 

How's the title 

Gaming company dosent listen to its comunity and it has a massive backlash because of it 

Not a terrible idea actually, if DE continues ignoring us. Anyone know how to contact IGN and/or PCGamer?

• Like 3