The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Dante Unbound] Our plans for next week (35.5.6)

[DE]Momaw

Message added by [DE]Momaw,

These changes were implemented to the game with Hotfix 35.5.6:

https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1393246-pc-dante-unbound-hotfix-3556/

5 hours ago, NyteStryker_1357 said:

We all want the LoS reverted off of Tragedy, that much has been made blatantly clear. There is another topic on this forum that is equally said and I feel we need to address it. Words can come from a lot of places, from the head, heart, or hurt. I’ve seen hundreds of people saying that they are disappointed in Digital Extremes as a company, and this is my two cents. As a company it is the primary focus, at ALL TIMES, to prioritize profit and revenue before anything else. They have employees to pay and so many expenses. The electric bill to keep their servers online alone must be very high.

Sometimes, as a company, bait and switch tactics like what they did with Dante are crucial to keep themselves out of the red and keep their fingers away from the “Downsize Button”. They, as a company, have to get money in order to survive. Those of us who hit the 9 to 5 can surely understand that. What they did, as a company, was without a doubt a coldhearted, stone skinned, backstabbing betrayal of our trust to the utmost degree; but that’s exactly what a company has to be sometimes to make it in the world.

They’re like Drusus in the story of Dante Unbound; in that Warframe is a Free-To-Play Title just like the Leverian has no entry fee. Countless dozens of people out there talk about how much they pay for every bundle and Prime Access, but I know that I personally haven’t spent a single cent on this game. Just as Drusus told us how not enough people donated to the Leverian, maybe not enough people were purchasing these packs and Platinum for them to stay above break even. Just as Drusus had to make a deal with Parvos Granum, they had to resort to horrible tactics in order to turn a buck.

I am not disappointed in Digital Extremes as a company, because they’re doing what they have to. It just makes me feel like my heart is breaking that this is still going on, when we already know that they have the power to take LoS off of Dante. Maybe they feel the exact same way, but choose to believe that this still had to be done.

Thousands of people have lost their faith in you, but as someone who has well and truly faced the grind in this game even when all my friends told me to give up I know that all we have to do is try harder. Whenever I hit wall after wall and saw no way forward through the game, I just kept logging in and eventually surpassed those obstacles. I watched you give us the Open Worlds, I flew above the stars in my Railjack with spirits flying even higher, I have faced every Node and every Planet Chart I have seen before me, and whenever there was a Bug or a Flaw I brushed it aside because I knew there were people who cared for us that would fix them. I knew in my heart, that Digital Extremes would always come through, so I never faltered.

I’m not going to surrender my faith in all of you, no matter how hard it gets. It’s just never felt this fragile before, and I’m crying literal tears that it might fall apart. I won’t give it up, but I am so scared that I’m going to lose it.

This isn’t just about Dante, not anymore. This all feels like a sign of something worse on the horizon for Warframe as a whole. In a world where corporate monsters prioritize their greed over everything else just like the Corpus, where every game either needs a subscription or relies entirely on paid DLC, you have always been the game that makes me and so many others feel safe and loved by its developers.

You made a mistake and you’re trying to fix it without admitting you were wrong, and I understand that. I’m sure we’ve all stood by our bad choices at some point in our lives. We’ve even made mistakes in regards to this topic itself. So many of us met your choice with rage, thinking only of ourselves and what we wanted. We see your silence as weakness, and many strike at that weakness to bring you down. I want to understand, to comfort you in this error, and so many others do too. Don’t sacrifice your souls by giving in to greed, or cower because you’re afraid to admit you’re human. Just as Drusus called on us, you can too. For anything. We will answer.

We are your Tenno. We love you, DE. I have hope that we always will.

Sincerely,

NyteStryker_1357

This is such an over dramatic and unnecessary post. Especially since the entire point of this post goes down the drain when you realize that in the same DevShorts that announced they were nerfing Dante, Steve revealed that this first quarter saw record breaking profits. DE is not hurting for money.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Nimogrea said:

Is volt OP then? He can erase hydron with the press of his 4 aswell. Just because something can clear low level enemies easily does not mean that it's op. Tragedy does poor damage outside of primed targets, to the point that if they're over level 50ish it's not really going to kill them.

We are not playing the same frame... If you are struggling to kill lvl 50 then unfortunately you should not be chiming into this conversation. Dante is easily capable of clearing 50-meter SP rooms in levels of Thousands. I genuinely do not understand so much of what is happening in these forums, it's like no one has actually played Dante and is just screaming to be part of something.

Even the people saying the hotfix was rushed? It was no more rushed than any hotfix in the past. T.T

I usually do not comment on these topics but the CC changes on overguarded enemies were harsh. On one of my Mag builds Breach Surge and both augment mods don't work anymore - lots of stray bullets now and when did so many melee enemies get overguard, did I miss something 😂?

Edited by Llightmare
  • Like 2

3 минуты назад, RavlinWasTaken сказал:

Мы играем в разных фреймах... Если вы изо всех сил пытаетесь пройти 50 уровень, то, к сожалению, вам не следует вмешиваться в этот разговор. Данте легко способен очистить 50-метровые SP-комнаты на тысячных уровнях. Я действительно многого не понимаю из того, что происходит на этих форумах, как будто никто на самом деле не играл в Dante и просто жаждет стать частью чего-то.

Даже люди говорят, что с исправлением поспешили? Спешки было не больше, чем с любым другим исправлением в прошлом. T.T

I played Dante at high levels (Not 1000, of course, but 300-400) He can easily clean up enemies if he plays it right, it's true But his work has become uncomfortable. I would suggest 3 to mark enemies, and 4 to blow them up

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, cebbolar said:

I played Dante at high levels (Not 1000, of course, but 300-400) He can easily clean up enemies if he plays it right, it's true But his work has become uncomfortable. I would suggest 3 to mark enemies, and 4 to blow them up

I can agree it may be uncomfortable with the bugged LoS but I do not think that the LoS is bad, it should've been implemented when he was released. The rest of his kit still leaves him extremely strong, with infinite i-frames, status stacking, and mecha set nuking. I can't believe that the community has bullied DE into bringing back the status damage multiplier, making it even easier to go to higher levels??

I know this will all blow over in a few weeks like with AOE and Ammo changes in the past but this situation seems exceptionally silly for all this backlash.

3 minutes ago, RavlinWasTaken said:

I can agree it may be uncomfortable with the bugged LoS but I do not think that the LoS is bad, it should've been implemented when he was released. The rest of his kit still leaves him extremely strong, with infinite i-frames, status stacking, and mecha set nuking. I can't believe that the community has bullied DE into bringing back the status damage multiplier, making it even easier to go to higher levels??

I know this will all blow over in a few weeks like with AOE and Ammo changes in the past but this situation seems exceptionally silly for all this backlash.

Except those changes didn't blow over, people keep referencing all the awful past nerfs as those while they're complaining about these as well.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Sylonus said:

Except those changes didn't blow over, people keep referencing all the awful past nerfs as those while they're complaining about these as well.

Except they're totally fine and the game still plays the same. The outrage then was unwarranted as well

Just now, RavlinWasTaken said:

Except they're totally fine and the game still plays the same. The outrage then was unwarranted as well

"Fine" is subjective, but as to playing "the same" I'm 100% sure weapon playrates tell the actual story that they don't. Whether or not outrage is "warranted" is also subjective, but I'm still mad about them, and I'm certainly not alone.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, RavlinWasTaken said:

LOS is horrible one of the most buggy and crappy mechanics out there there's so much wrong with it your warframe can block the LOS i dont know how butA SHADOW CAN BLOCK THE LOS 

He is far far from ok there's several things wrong with him that shouldn't even have happened he was purfect when he first came out one of the most fun to play and DE ruined that ruind the fun after a few days not a week not 2 not 3

we aren't bullying de we want our frame back the one they lied about when they sead they were just going to tweak him a smig and then burnt him to the ground 

And this won't blow over that easily not without true actions and them finally listening to there comunity which they haven't for a while including the 27 pages that were ignored to answer a question about mesa on a DANTE FORUM

• Like 9

7 minutes ago, (XBOX)toughdragon17 said:

LOS is horrible one of the most buggy and crappy mechanics out there there's so much wrong with it your warframe can block the LOS i dont know how butA SHADOW CAN BLOCK THE LOS 

He is far far from ok there's several things wrong with him that shouldn't even have happened he was purfect when he first came out one of the most fun to play and DE ruined that ruind the fun after a few days not a week not 2 not 3

we aren't bullying de we want our frame back the one they lied about when they sead they were just going to tweak him a smig and then burnt him to the ground 

And this won't blow over that easily not without true actions and them finally listening to there comunity which they haven't for a while including the 27 pages that were ignored to answer a question about mesa on a DANTE FORUM

LoS Bugs - Fixable and will be fixed. (also the self-block is so #*!%ing funny but yes it shouldn't have happened in the first place) Chill out

Far from okay - Still extremely powerful, way too strong if you knew what you were doing on release. Far far far from ruined.

Aren't bullying - I can't speak for you but there are 100% people in these forums bullying DE staff, even some tagging them directly in their posts. DE didn't lie, they tweaked him and he still performs. Changes come to every frame, you can't say they aren't allowed to change things

Edit - Just checked your profile, you are one of the ones tagging Reb so... ig I should've assumed

Edited by RavlinWasTaken

25 minutes ago, RavlinWasTaken said:

We are not playing the same frame...

You're right about that one at least. I don't know what's the frame you're playing called, but it's not called Dante.

8 minutes ago, RavlinWasTaken said:

Would you mind posting your build? I wanna see what build you're using to easily shred lvl1000 SP enemies. Please, educate me. And no, using meta weapons doesn't count as playing Dante, you can use those on every frame. I am genuinely curious. Go ahead, I can wait.

• Like 3

3 минуты назад, RavlinWasTaken сказал:

Ошибки LoS — исправимы и будут исправлены. (а еще самоблокировка такая #*!% смешная, но да, этого вообще не должно было случиться) Расслабься

Далеко не в порядке — все еще чрезвычайно мощный, слишком сильный, если бы вы знали, что делаете при выпуске. Далеко далеко не разрушен.

Не издеваются - я не могу говорить за вас, но на этих форумах есть 100% людей, которые запугивают сотрудников DE, даже некоторые отмечают их прямо в своих сообщениях. DE не врал, его подправили, и он до сих пор выступает. Изменения происходят в каждом кадре, нельзя сказать, что им нельзя что-то менять.

I join the question. Show your assembly, on which you play SP, yourself, without relying on the team and so on. Show how you hold your OG so as not to die and still manage to do damage.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, RavlinWasTaken said:

LoS Bugs - Fixable and will be fixed. (also the self-block is so #*!%ing funny but yes it shouldn't have happened in the first place) Chill out

Far from okay - Still extremely powerful, way too strong if you knew what you were doing on release. Far far far from ruined.

Aren't bullying - I can't speak for you but there are 100% people in these forums bullying DE staff, even some tagging them directly in their posts. DE didn't lie, they tweaked him and he still performs. Changes come to every frame, you can't say they aren't allowed to change things

LOS is a crapy mechanic far from ready to release and should never have been released if your frame can block the LOS and A SHADOW CAN BLOCK THE LOS iv tested it multiple times in game and the simulacram its horrible 

Far from powerful I have 420% power and have trouble on sp when I get to 500s he use to have no trouble at all I even got to 1000s to 2000s at one point he was purfect and then after I think 4 days (which isn't a reasonable time to collect full data on him) poof nerfed ruind by de without proper data forced to use a crapy and buggy mechanic no one truly likes 

DE did lie on stream infact Rebecca literally stated (we are tweaking him a smig just a smig) in what world is a smig nerfing him to the ground and adding a crapy buggy mechanic that no one truly likes

Im not saying he shouldn't be changed but 4 days isn't enough time to gather data they should have waited 3 weeks at the most and after that properly tweaked him if any tweaks were truly necessary 

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, EnviroUnit said:

You're right about that one at least. I don't know what's the frame you're playing called, but it's not called Dante.

Would you mind posting your build? I wanna see what build you're using to easily shred lvl1000 SP enemies. Please, educate me. And no, using meta weapons doesn't count as playing Dante, you can use those on every frame. I am genuinely curious. Go ahead, I can wait.

You can do it with no weapons equipped lmao.

Mecha Set - Str and Range - Arcane Steadfast - Equilibrium - Huras Kubrow and just never shoot a gun - Subsume Roar

15 minutes ago, BloodyPrimeSkull said:

I join the question. Show your assembly, on which you play SP, yourself, without relying on the team and so on. Show how you hold your OG so as not to die and still manage to do damage.

Mecha Set - Str and Range - Arcane Steadfast - Equilibrium - Huras Kubrow and just never shoot a gun - Subsume Roar

This isn't the gotcha you think it is, it's a really easy build you just need to press buttons

Edited by RavlinWasTaken
I forgot to mention roar

31 minutes ago, RavlinWasTaken said:

LoS Bugs - Fixable and will be fixed.

I hope you're correct here, but I'm not especially optimistic.  History has shown that DE has a lot of trouble coding LoS checks that feel predictable and good to players.  I'm really hoping the renewed focus on it forces DE to go back and make changes to abilities that essentially feel like rolling the dice right now.  Whipclaw and Fire Blast are the two biggest offenders.  I used to get frustrated with other Khoras for not clearing their domes, but once DE added a LoS check on it, I can't even blame them.  It's just whiff after whiff after whiff for no discernable reason.  Is the LoS check somehow getting blocked by invisible level geometry?  An ally?  Khora herself?  The ability feels terrible to use.  Fire Blast is similar, though not as obvious as it isn't the crux of Ember's entire kit.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, sunderthefirmament said:

I hope you're correct here, but I'm not especially optimistic.  History has shown that DE has a lot of trouble coding LoS checks that feel predictable and good to players.  I'm really hoping the renewed focus on it forces DE to go back and make changes to abilities that essentially feel like rolling the dice right now.  Whipclaw and Fire Blast are the two biggest offenders.  I used to get frustrated with other Khoras for not clearing their domes, but once DE added a LoS check on it, I can't even blame them.  It's just whiff after whiff after whiff for no discernable reason.  Is the LoS check somehow getting blocked by invisible level geometry?  An ally?  Khora herself?  The ability feels terrible to use.  Fire Blast is similar, though not as obvious as it isn't the crux of Ember's entire kit.

Traditionally rays are fired out from the camera, which is fine for a first-person shooter, but in Warframe since the player object has collision checks they are blocking rays from the camera, this is fixable but shouldn't have been an issue in the first place. Additional fixes they have already done are firing 3 rays to check for more visibility instead of just 1, so if a mob is behind a half wall, if you can see its head you still hit it instead of it being blocked, etc.

There is full chance there will still be invisible offenders and such, but hey that's game dev, unless you want to sacrifice heavily on performance it is not something any game can entirely avoid.

5 minutes ago, RavlinWasTaken said:

This isn't the gotcha you think it is, it's a really easy build you just need to press buttons

Ah yes, a Mecha set, Huras Kubrow and Roar. Thought so. What'd you subsume for Roar, his Noctua, I presume?

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, EnviroUnit said:

Ah yes, a Mecha set, Huras Kubrow and Roar. Thought so. What'd you subsume for Roar, his Noctua, I presume?

Yeah, status damage multiplier, his whole thing, and it applied to the status damage multiplier from pageflight on release so even crazier numbers.

Just now, RavlinWasTaken said:

Yeah, status damage multiplier, his whole thing, and it applied to the status damage multiplier from pageflight on release so even crazier numbers.

Thank you for answering. Now may I ask why'd you feel the need to rob the cool space wizard of his death book? I agree, Noctua is mediocre at start, but you didn't feel like improving upon it with various factors so that it can be efficient for any content you do as much as it is fun to use?

5 minutes ago, EnviroUnit said:

Thank you for answering. Now may I ask why'd you feel the need to rob the cool space wizard of his death book? I agree, Noctua is mediocre at start, but you didn't feel like improving upon it with various factors so that it can be efficient for any content you do as much as it is fun to use?

I have another build that uses noctua, it's pretty strong as well, and with the pageflight + summoned noctua the alt fire goes off super often. But the build I said before benefits a lot from regular casting to keep his overguard and iframes from casting 2 up as well as regular room nukes. Noctua is perfectly fine but for ability dps roar outclasses it. (plus the book can still be there in spirit if you want haha :cool:)

1 minute ago, RavlinWasTaken said:

I have another build that uses noctua, it's pretty strong as well, and with the pageflight + summoned noctua the alt fire goes off super often. But the build I said before benefits a lot from regular casting to keep his overguard and iframes from casting 2 up as well as regular room nukes. Noctua is perfectly fine but for ability dps roar outclasses it. (plus the book can still be there in spirit if you want haha :cool:)

That's all I needed. Thank you for the chit-chat. I do agree with some of the specifics you've posted, BUT, I've still got to go with what my heart and gut tells me and remain with the 100% revert crowd. Gotta keep the flow going, ya know? I'm sure you'll understand.

• Like 5

34 minutes ago, EnviroUnit said:

That's all I needed. Thank you for the chit-chat. I do agree with some of the specifics you've posted, BUT, I've still got to go with what my heart and gut tells me and remain with the 100% revert crowd. Gotta keep the flow going, ya know? I'm sure you'll understand.

we don't even need a 100% revert. Dropping LoS alone would return Dante to a significantly better place. He won't keep pace with Mesa/Saryn, but that's okay. Double hitting his 4 with LoS just seems criminal. You need to prime targets with LoS restrictions and then also detonate using LoS. Priming being LoS limited makes sense. Detonating should basically be just targeting the primed targets. It's so silly.

• Like 10

Just now, Renkuya said:

we don't even need a 100% revert. Dropping LoS alone would return Dante to a significantly better place. He won't keep pace with Mesa/Saryn, but that's okay. Double hitting his 4 with LoS just seems criminal. You need to prime targets with LoS restrictions and then also detonate using LoS. Priming being LoS limited makes sense. Detonating should basically be just targeting the primed targets. It's so silly.

Exactly what I was trying to point out in my posts above, with zero success however. It isn't about the damage, it never was about the damage, not for me, at least. It's about consistent, smooth and enjoyable gameplay, something that this nerf, especially that Void-damned LoS part utterly nullified. 

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Renkuya said:

With a 100% revert he most likely would be able to keep up with mesa and seryn and with a few mods may even pass them by a bit 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, (XBOX)toughdragon17 said:

With a 100% revert he most likely would be able to keep up with mesa and seryn and with a few mods may even pass them by a bit 

I agree with a 100% revert for one reason mainly. I am purely a solo player. I can tell how his performance as well as my own significantly got affected for the worse post-nerf. And I agree with a LoS revert for all of the reasons. Those already mentioned, and more. That broken, stupid mechanic needs to be glassed by the Glassmaker and be left to float around in his realm, so that everyone might finally be free of it!

Edited by EnviroUnit
small typos
  • Like 3