The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe could do wtih some Quality of Life updates surrounding Headshots/Weakpoints.

This is something I've been thinking about but I don't really see it getting discussed often.

In Warframe, there are Headshots and Weakpoints on enemies. You'd think Warframe would treat these as the same thing, but surprisingly no.

There are instances where they will be treat as the exact same thing, and other instances where they will not.

Using Incarnons for a while I can confirm that Incarnons can be charged both by enemy Weakpoints and Headshots. I can gain Charge by hitting a Rogue Culverin's arms even though they lack a "head"

Besides Incarnon guns like the Torid and Angstrum, they specifically state that the weapon is charged by landing Headshots.

However using Argon Scope and testing just now, I've found it works as expected on enemy heads, but it doesn't apply on enemy Weakpoints (again think of the Rogue Culverin's arms)

Again, Argon Scope states it applies on Headshots.

There are probably more examples out there but this is the most blatant example I was able to quickly test myself.

There are also certain rumors regarding enemies and even enemies that the game simply don't inform you that can't be headshot.

For instance, I've been told hitting the "backpack" on a Moa deals more damage than a headshot and I've believed this for years, but after checking the wiki even I'm not sure if this is true anymore.

I also didn't think Ospreys could be headshot but after trying it just now, I could charge my incarnons on them.

In other words, I'd like to see some sort of Unification, if one system can classify something as a headshot, but another system claims it isn't. Then that leads to player confusion.

In addition. Something that would be neat to add into Warframe (please tell me if this already exists because I might have just missed it) It'd be interesting either in the Codex, or to have a Weapon Mod for newer players so that while aiming at an enemy, it highlights the areas on the body that are considered the "Head" or "Weak" point. If you've played or watched Half Life: Alyx you'll probably be familiar with this, as the pistol upgrade added a scope that did this.

You could also make it a Sentinel mod that does the same thing but in an aura or area around you.

This could be taking it a step too far but I thought I'd throw this out there since it's related, but. The Sonar effect from Banshee or Helios. It already create a weak points, why not make it interact with the same systems?

Edited by Zahnny
  • Like 1

Also a point of note with "headshot kills" - if an enemy dies to a status effect caused by a headshot, this does not qualify as a headshot kill. Combined with the fact that any damage apart from slash DoT becomes irrelevant against high level armored enemies (unless you remove said armor), you can easily find yourself in a situation where you quickly dispatch enemies via headshots, yet your "on headshot kill" conditional mods never trigger at all.

• Like 1

Is no different between head shot or weak point in programming is just wording differently and since incarnon stuff is the new edges for warframe DE definitely gonna give them special care so murmurs get "weak point" to let you shoot at with incarnon weapons while your OG handshot mod not works on it probably just because DE forget to apply the weak point to those mods.

8 hours ago, PrinzeEugen said:

Is no different between head shot or weak point in programming is just wording differently and since incarnon stuff is the new edges for warframe DE definitely gonna give them special care so murmurs get "weak point" to let you shoot at with incarnon weapons while your OG handshot mod not works on it probably just because DE forget to apply the weak point to those mods.

Yes...That is the problem I am trying to address...

15 hours ago, Traumtulpe said:

Also a point of note with "headshot kills" - if an enemy dies to a status effect caused by a headshot, this does not qualify as a headshot kill. Combined with the fact that any damage apart from slash DoT becomes irrelevant against high level armored enemies (unless you remove said armor), you can easily find yourself in a situation where you quickly dispatch enemies via headshots, yet your "on headshot kill" conditional mods never trigger at all.

Even this has strange lack of consistency. Electric dot will trigger “on headshot” if the initial hit was a weak point. It would certainly be appreciated if DE could make things a bit more straightforward. 

• Like 1

Agree with the general idea.  More consistency and unity between headshots and weak points shots would be good.

17 hours ago, Zahnny said:

also didn't think Ospreys could be headshot but after trying it just now, I could charge my incarnons on them.

Corpus Ospreys have always had heads.  Infested Ospreys not so much 

17 hours ago, Zahnny said:

The Sonar effect from Banshee or Helios. It already create a weak points, why not make it interact with the same systems?

You Know Want GIF by St. Vincent

• Like 2