The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Will ranking up a reset purchased weapon earn MR?

BigIronHack

Question

I understand that you can only earn MR once for ranking up a weapon or frame, my question relates to store-purchased items. If I get a new weapon (already max level) then polarize a slot, it will reset to base level. Will I then earn MR as I level it back up? Seems like I should since I never leveled the weapon before.

9 answers to this question

No. You only get the mastery points once for the initial leveling. Subsequent leveling does not gain mastery points again.

Exceptions from this are kuva/tenet weapons (and the paracesis) and necramechs since these gain additional two level for each forma spent on them up to level 40 as the maximum.

3 minutes ago, BigIronHack said:

Right, but I didn't level the weapon. It came at max level when purchased, so I haven't earned any MR from it yet.

What weapon did you get for it to be maxed? 

Edited by Circle_of_Psi

18 minutes ago, BigIronHack said:

The Aeolak starter pack - already max rank with catalyst installed.

Check your profile if you got the mastery from it, at least the weapons that are level 30 when you get them from quest rewards give you the full mastery instantly.

Edit: I checked your profile ingame and you do have the mastery for the gun already.

Edited by 16Bitman

4 hours ago, BigIronHack said:

The Aeolak starter pack - already max rank with catalyst installed

Wow didn't know this. I never bought a weapon. Some weapons do come with pre installed formas. You only get mastery the forst time it gets leveled to 30. After that, you can potentially earn more focus (if a lens is installed) and of course add another forma to build better weapon stats with each successive forma

5 hours ago, BigIronHack said:

Where do I see earned mastery in my profile?

Earned mastery in the general section of your profile under your name and Glyph.

Mastery earned from weapon indirectly in Profile, Items section (not sure if it is called like that, I never paid attention).