The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Banshee Rework

Godlysparta

Banshee is about due for a rework of some sort. I think Banshee should be more popular but she isn't so here are some changes I would make.

Passive

Banshee's weapons are all silenced. Enemies affected by deafen will take additional damage from Banshee's silenced weapons.

Pretty simple and straightforward. With her buffed abilities, she will have several ways to apply deafen to enemies. It also adds more damage to Sonar marked enemies so it definitely needs to be balanced around it.

Sonic Boom

Banshee unleashes a shockwave in front of her, knocking back enemies within range. Enemies hit by this shockwave will be deafened and slowed for a brief moment after being knocked down.

Essentially, this ability now applies Deafened and also slows enemies so they have a harder time getting back up. It's meant to be a CC ability so it's gonna stay primarily for CC.

Sonar

Banshee releases a sonar pulse, revealing enemies around and identifying their weak points. If an enemy is deafened, it will always mark their head as their weak point if it isn't already marked. 

Adds a bit of synergy with Banshee's kit. She now always marks heads first if they're deafened. This also adds another layer of damage multiplication to Sonar afflicted enemies, thus making it so Banshee can do an absolutely insane amount of damage in a single shot.

Silence

Banshee silences the area around her. Enemies within range are deafened and will not be able to cast abilities. Deafened will persist after they leave the area for a short time. Allies in the area will gain Banshee's passive while in the area.

This allows Banshee to share her damage and insane multipliers to allies while also retaining its previous effects. While it's not really a major buff to Silence, it does make it far more useful.

Sound Quake

Banshee resonates sound into the floor, causing it to shake. The quake will expand over time until reaching a certain radius, After the ability ends, the quake persists for a while and shrinks back down to its original size. Deafened enemies will be knocked down by the quake instead of being staggered.

A change meant to make it so Banshee can also participate while she's locking down the map. This allows her to choose to continue to channel or stop to attack enemies already affected by the quake. It also makes it so she doesn't just immediately die to an enemy because they're no longer CC'd. Adds some deafened synergy to put the cherry on top.

These are some very minimal changes to Banshee that I think would help her at least keep pace with some of the newer Warframes like Wisp or even Nezha. I feel like Banshee has been in a rough spot for a good while now and I believe more damage and synergy can really go a long way.

• Like 2

I cannot agree with the proposal to increase Banshee's usage rate through buffs, as Banshee is already sufficiently strong and unique. The damage multiplier of Sonar is exceptionally powerful, even among all other games. If Banshee becomes too strong due to buffs, or if a rework is carried out, there is a high possibility that the multiplier of Sonar will be fundamentally nerfed. I would have no complaints if buffs or nerfs were made after Banshee's strength was widely recognized, but now is not the stage to make changes. This is because being strong despite low usage rates, or being strong despite being difficult to use, is an important characteristic in the diversity of the game.

thanks to shield gating, simply using Sonar once a second easily ensures survivability, and it can easily make random players exclaim with joy, "I dealt over 1M damage!" Even in Deep Archimedea, Banshee has high aptitude, as she can make sentinel clones massacre enemies and demolishers without using weapons or AW guns. It may be my imagination, but I feel that I am seeing more counterarguments against the claim that Banshee is weak, so I think it's fine to continue observing the situation as it is.

I go into Banshee rework threads with low expectations, but this one is quite good.  You didn't change her basic character, you didn't add an invulnerability or 90% DR, and you even hit a couple of very specific ideas I've wanted for a long time.  Excellent job, afaic.

3 hours ago, Godlysparta said:

Sound Quake

Banshee resonates sound into the floor, causing it to shake. The quake will expand over time until reaching a certain radius, After the ability ends, the quake persists for a while and shrinks back down to its original size. Deafened enemies will be knocked down by the quake instead of being staggered.

A change meant to make it so Banshee can also participate while she's locking down the map. This allows her to choose to continue to channel or stop to attack enemies already affected by the quake. It also makes it so she doesn't just immediately die to an enemy because they're no longer CC'd. Adds some deafened synergy to put the cherry on top.

Would it  continuously knock them down or keep them knocked down?  If it's either of those, I don't see it happening without other radical changes to the ability, like reducing the range or adding LoS.    Neither of which I'd mind in return for being getting some agency during SQ, but other people might feel a lot differently.