The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

PC Dante Unbound: Hotfix 35.5.6

[DE]Megan

1 minute ago, Stajo98 said:

#UNBIND DANTE

Reb said it herself in Devshorts 11, the issue with Tragedy was it having such high range! Lower the range and remove los. I do not understand why DE are so stubbornly clinging to this stupid nerf. 

What Reb said was plainly dumb (not calling her dumb, just the statement) Range for the sake of range is irrelevant, Tragedy deals almost no damage to unmarked enemies, it should never have LoS nor his range is that relevant, the range is just to make sure it hits enemies you previously marked.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, Stajo98 said:

#UNBIND DANTE

Reb said it herself in Devshorts 11, the issue with Tragedy was it having such high range! Lower the range and remove los. I do not understand why DE are so stubbornly clinging to this stupid nerf. 

yeah they also specifically called out overguard then nerfed DPS and added LoS alongside it, after saying his DPS was fine even though it was strong. don't get it :\

• Like 7

6 minutes ago, Arbitrary said:

Lol. Lmao even. All that video shows is Pillage working perfectly fine, perhaps even better than before.

Here, have a video of Pillage (made mere minutes ago) being extremely generous with a LoS check.

After seeing an enemy, they are considered to be in LoS for a bit after, even if you cannot see them.

Oh man, a single case outside of an actual mission in an open area.  Ya sure got me.

• Like 4

Oh for the love of god please just f-ing stop breaking everything with this damn LoS crap. Cut your losses, admit you screwed up beyond your ability to fix it, revert this series of mind-numbingly stupid and unnecessary "fixes" and STOP USING LoS.

Seriously, unless this game goes full open-world without any doodads or props in the way of everything making abilities useless, the whole power fantasy's just gonna be gone, and with it any reason to bother playing.

Quit it.

• Like 15

1 minute ago, Frame-5858 said:

Dear DE,
You seem intent on doubling down on this LoS change. I would like to know why? What benefit is there to the system that the old method did not have? What do you know that the players do not?

Thank you for your time in answering this question.

They dont play the game hence they dont care that much about how it feels to play the frames, they care of what they "think" will make the game better but they have no real notion of how most ppl play their game

• Like 4

54 minutes ago, NoobNoobNoobilla said:

Can I have the -50% on the divine spears augment back? You took another 4.5 meters from it
280% range
Normal: 53.2m
Nerf (-50%): 43.7m
Current: 39.2m

Where did you see that range exactly? With -50% nerf was 26.6m at 280% range. Redo your math please

1 minute ago, MrDugan said:

Oh man, a single case outside of an actual mission in an open area.  Ya sure got me.

If you want to bring the "actual mission" card to the table, you're gonna get slapped down hard.

In an actual mission, you aren't standing still, so the pillar doesn't even matter in the first place.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Sangheri said:

Thanks for listening to the community!!! <3

hope this is sarcasm 

21 minutes ago, vFlitz said:

Yeah, it working differently for things in front of you and things behind you definitely adds to the perceived inconsistency. On top of that it gives people with ultra-wide screens an additional advantage because they can render more of their surroundings at any given moment.

With how Warframe's maps are designed, LoS just doesn't make much sense for an instant large scale ability that is launched from your frame's position. All the inconsistency is easier to work around if it's something like Whipclaw that is sent out and performs a LoS check from a remote position, or Pillage that is a lingering effect that can truncate some misfires (though that is not to say they don't feel annoying at times). For Tragedy it doubly doesn't make sense because Tragedy is a combo finisher, not a standalone nuke.

yah we (as most of the community "we") know, the problem is managing to pass this information throw the thick skulls of the devs that really want LoS to be a thing in a game full of little tunnels and areas.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Tiltskillet said:

It sounds like if it wasn't this it would have been something else that pushed you to take a break,

Nope.  I was fine.  But they keep doing this.  I cannot count the number of things I've had and enjoyed that they've turned into something that wasn't fun to use anymore.  I'm tired of waiting around to see what else they're going to ruin.  I'm a Baruuk main.  He getting LOS next for Serene Storm projectiles?  He does a lot more than nuke low level missions, so don't be shocked when they start coming after more stuff.  I hope they nerf everything and the whole game turns into a ghost town.  I'm sick of this nonsense.

6 minutes ago, Hexerin said:

If you want to bring the "actual mission" card to the table, you're gonna get slapped down hard.

The thing is, I don't care about any of your opinions and empty threats.  "slapped down hard."  can you just go be cringe somewhere else?  There's zero point in communicating with anyone on damage control.  It only goes in circles, because none of y'all care what anyone else says either.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, MrDugan said:

It was LOS before, 

Yes. Exactly. That's all that needs saying. As demonstrated, it wouldn't have worked before, yet for some reason you're expecting it to behave differently.

4 minutes ago, MrDugan said:

I frankly don't care about anyone else's opinion on the matter, because DE is going to prove me right regardless of how much I argue with the damage control team.  

So regardless of actual reality and evidence, you're emotional and hysterically insisting things are worse than they are, despite things being demonstrably improved. I appreciate you being honest about it, but I think you should step away from your computer for a while. Spend time with friends. Drink some water, go outside. Touch grass. The world isn't ending. It's okay to accept things being better. You don't have to be afraid of good changes. No one is going to attack you for having a positive reaction.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, MrDugan said:

"Single use case"

It's literally showing that the LoS check it always had is even more generous than before since it counts enemies that aren't in your actual LoS, so long as you've seen them in the past ~second or so. But you won't accept that maybe, just maybe you're wrong. After all, you've already made up your mind it seems.

9 minutes ago, MrDugan said:

Argue with it all you want, they're going to keep making abilities worse with this nonsense.  That's what I was saying, and I frankly don't care about anyone else's opinion on the matter

Edited by Arbitrary
  • Like 6

Just now, Armadillidium_vulgare said:

So regardless of actual reality and evidence, you're emotional and hysterically insisting things are worse than they are, despite things being demonstrably improved.

No, this is just more of the same parroted crap that you people spew over and over.  Everyone that doesn't agree with you is "emotional" and having a meltdown, while you think you're perfectly poised and level headed.  That's why I don't care about anything you have to say.  I've heard it already, and I'm not interested.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, [DE]Megan said:

Frost’s Icy Avalanche Augment Mod will now grant Overguard to non-player allies in radius (i.e. Sentinels, Companions, Specters). 

I just noticed this.  As a Frost main of many years, thanks for the buff!  Now, please, revert or at least reduce the CC nerf.  

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, MrDugan said:

The thing is, I don't care about any of your opinions and empty threats.  "slapped down hard."  can you just go be cringe somewhere else?  There's zero point in communicating with anyone on damage control.  It only goes in circles, because none of y'all care what anyone else says either.

Of course you cut out the actual reason for why you're wrong, and then go on a screeching rant. How typical, what a joke you are.

• Like 4

Some people need to get their marbles together. I'm not a huge fan of los on tragedy since I couldn't use dante at his prime, but y'all acting as if he's a D tier frame now.

I have no problem deleting half the map (whole map depending on position) with one 334, even with multiple corners or staircases. A few enemies stay alive, but it's nothing disruptive. So on this matter, I either have a good bug on my side, or some people don't know how to move around in order to have as many enemies as possible in los.

It's certainly not as satisfying as having everyone around you die, but it doesn't make him unplayable to me as many others are making it look like? Critique DE and point out stuff that you don't like, but you need to calm down a bit on this thing for real

• Like 2

Any chance we are still getting more QoL stuff for other frames?

Specifically:

* Lavos being unable to infuse elements with a subsume slot (even if you have to disable the ability to subsume abilities with a hold function, or make it so you can only infuse that slot by infusing multiple elements at the same time)

* limbo dash creating portals that disrupt other players and just generally create conflict between players for no real benefit 

* Loki damage decoy having very low aggro or being bugged so enemies ignore them mostly

* Mirage prism guard having very low duration

* Vauban vortex frequently just making enemies get stuck on terrain

* Nidus larva same problem as above but worse since it prevents the ability from ending

* Furax wraith incarnon heat field being bugged to not work most of the time or just having an absurdly small hotbox and very low tick rate for procs. Maybe also change furax body counts secondary fire rate increase to slam attack radius. Would feel more impactful and fun after slam rework. Or separate slam radius mod.

And so on.

Edited by Altimit89
Added detail
  • Like 5

DE will definitely need LOS checks on future purchases (especially Protea which will be launching soon enough) because they're going to see a decrease in revenue for sure, hopefully enough to show them we're not happy with LOS, the bait and switch and general tone deaf approach they're taking.

4 minutes ago, Cortes02 said:

Some people need to get their marbles together. I'm not a huge fan of los on tragedy since I couldn't use dante at his prime, but y'all acting as if he's a D tier frame now.

I have no problem deleting half the map (whole map depending on position) with one 334, even with multiple corners or staircases. A few enemies stay alive, but it's nothing disruptive. So on this matter, I either have a good bug on my side, or some people don't know how to move around in order to have as many enemies as possible in los.

It's certainly not as satisfying as having everyone around you die, but it doesn't make him unplayable to me as many others are making it look like? Critique DE and point out stuff that you don't like, but you need to calm down a bit on this thing for real

You didn't use him before the LOS check was introduced to his 4?

• Like 4

1 hour ago, M0deRa1n said:

Since it wasn't listed, please look into Mag's Magnetize too

Very often enemies inside the bubble do not die if there's something between them and the middle

Yes, please! Also, while enemies are ragdolled during the short vortex animation that pull has, they are not affected by magnetize. Mag does the full casting animation for it, but no bubble appears. It's been like this since forever. 

2 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Updated Overguard Interactions With Vex Armor, Rage, & Hunter Adrenaline  

<snip>

Line Of Sight (Los) Improvements 

<snip>

• Fixed Warframe with cyclable abilities missing stats for each of their effects in the ability screen. Specifically: <snip>
    • Chroma’s Spectral Scream Elemental Ward

Thanks.  :)

Also, ty for splitting the difference on Divine Retribution.
Limited amount of insane (xray deletes smallfry), but worth using compared with Melee Influence now.

-----

1 hour ago, NoobNoobNoobilla said:

Can I have the -50% on the divine spears augment back? You took another 4.5 meters from it
280% range
Nerf (-50%): 43.7m

Not exactly.

280% range
Last patch: 26.6m

Edited by Chroia

15 minutes ago, MrDugan said:

No, this is just more of the same parroted crap that you people spew over and over.  Everyone that doesn't agree with you is "emotional" and having a meltdown, while you think you're perfectly poised and level headed.  That's why I don't care about anything you have to say.  I've heard it already, and I'm not interested.

You just disregarded evidence from Arbitrary that proves you wrong, and then proceeded to say that you'll disregard any more evidence that proves you wrong. You're emotionally invested in this belief that things are worse than they are, and insist that you're correct even in the face of VIDEO EVIDENCE that proves you wrong. Next you're going to tell me that the earth is flat because it FEELS flat.

This isn't about me depicting you as the soyjak and me as the chad. This is literally about you being the soyjak.

Edited by Armadillidium_vulgare
  • Like 5

5 minutes ago, Cortes02 said:

Try the same in enclosed spaces and high level you wont delete S#&amp;&#036;, you need to mark enemies first and then if you are in a small space (that is fairly common on older content) you are going to hit 3 enemies, being happy eating crap does not make it any less crap.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, M0deRa1n said:

Since it wasn't listed, please look into Mag's Magnetize too

Very often enemies inside the bubble do not die if there's something between them and the middle

Are you referring to the radial from the detonation? Or not dying to gunfire entering the bubble? If the latter, that's normal because the shots will go straight to the center of the bubble from the point of impact on the edge of it, and anything outside the direct line won't be hit. If the former, are you actually stacking enough damage from the bubble's DoT ticks? Because the bubble's radial detonation doesn't inherit damage from the actual shots being fired into it, it inherits damage from the DoT ticks.

8 minutes ago, Cortes02 said:

Next time try playing on a tileset that isn't called "Lua" or "Void" or "Zariman"

• Like 10