The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Overguard inconsistency on frosts augment vs stynax augment

Elvis_Freshly

With the most recent update I noticed frosts augment for over guard was looked at, however something I’ve noticed and then tested shows that a frost who is using icy avalanche augment to gain overguard gets the overguard completely stripped if you go inside a nullifier bubble, which I can understand. However for a stynax using his augment to generate overguard does NOT lose any overguard when entering a nullifier bubble. Is this intended for just frost? I don’t believe Dante loses over guard either but I’m not positive, but I can confirm it is a 100% chance you lose the over guard with frost but not stynax in the similar interaction with overguard. Potentially worth looking into rhino and kullervio interactions there as well to make sure those are all interacting how intended in regards to losing over guard or keeping it from nullifier bubbles. 

2 minutes ago, Elvis_Freshly said:

I don’t believe Dante loses over guard either

He does not.  Same with Kullervo Recompense, and Styanax Intrepid Stand as you noted.

But Frost Icy Avalanche isn't the only one that gets nullified--the same is true of Rhino Iron Skin and Atlas Rumbled. 

I don't know that DE has ever explained the inconsistencies, although I could take guesses at some of them.  Iron Skin was converted to Overguard, and was always nullifiable before that.  Kullervo doesn't have shields, so would be more hurt by the OG layer disappearing instantly than other frames would be.

6 minutes ago, Tiltskillet said:

He does not.  Same with Kullervo Recompense, and Styanax Intrepid Stand as you noted.

But Frost Icy Avalanche isn't the only one that gets nullified--the same is true of Rhino Iron Skin and Atlas Rumbled. 

I don't know that DE has ever explained the inconsistencies, although I could take guesses at some of them.  Iron Skin was converted to Overguard, and was always nullifiable before that.  Kullervo doesn't have shields, so would be more hurt by the OG layer disappearing instantly than other frames would be.

Yes but frosts augment acts the same exact way stynaxes augment does, it’s an augment for damage and debuff not the same way kullervo and rhino have it baked into their kit for survival. But the purpose of both augments is almost identical while I’d contend rhino and kullervo not needing an augment as well as it being core part of their survival makes the inconsistency between stynax and frost specifically peculiar. I just want both to lose it or both to keep overguard because why would you run frost over stynax already with an augment that is the same but worse for a debatably worse frame? That’s what bothers me about it. 

16 minutes ago, Elvis_Freshly said:

Yes but frosts augment acts the same exact way stynaxes augment does, it’s an augment for damage and debuff not the same way kullervo and rhino have it baked into their kit for survival. But the purpose of both augments is almost identical while I’d contend rhino and kullervo not needing an augment as well as it being core part of their survival makes the inconsistency between stynax and frost specifically peculiar. I just want both to lose it or both to keep overguard because why would you run frost over stynax already with an augment that is the same but worse for a debatably worse frame? That’s what bothers me about it. 

Yeah, it does strike me as a casual observer that Icy Avalanche has parallels with Intrepid Stand but is a lot worse.  There may be nuances I'm not familiar with though.

Wiki does say IS doesn't affect companions.  As of today, Frost should be able to do so, so if Styanax still can't that's something.