Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Quick Thinking Is A Worthless Mod

Sophronius

The latest update/hotfix has made a highly coveted mod, Quick Thinking, utterly worthless. I'm sure many people have traded high values of platinum or other rare mods for this one, how sad this is.

Quick Thinking no longer restores your health, it only stun locks you and you die. For a mod that takes 15 points at max rank, it sure does a whole lot of nothing.

I hope that the mod is not working as intended. If it is however, everyone beware. All the mods you covet most could be potentially nerfed beyond any form of usefulness.

Might as well find a better use for that D polarity I have now.

I understand that this mod with Rage was too much. However, the mod description is now a lie. The mod description has been changed, but still doesn't make sense. Also, this is a terrible way to fix the problem. The efficiency rate should have been dropped instead of breaking the mod like this. Using energy as health, particularly with being staggered, just doesn't work. It is a 15 point mod, and a D polarity. That must mean something.

If you are to remove the stagger and keep the mod how it is now, the description must be changed and the mod point cost lowered to an appropriate amount. I would also consider this to be an "uncommon" now, not rare. I am also pleased to know that my Hammer Shot and 175 Platinum that I traded for this mod was thrown away, thank you. =D

What could've been done instead? One of my later posts explains how the mod combo QT+R used to work in efficiency and what should've been done instead of completely destroying any usefulness of the mod.

I did a Nightmare defense just before this update hit. I ended up with 150 health and 50 energy. It was no GodMode, that is a fact. In fact... Mathematically speaking... ehem.. (I'm no mathematician but I will give this a shot) If you have exactly 720 health, rage converts that in to 288 energy. Which becomes 691.2 health. (240%) You will die.

If your energy cap is 300 it will be converted to 720 health but use all of your energy. What ensures that you die is actually the rage mod. To have GodMode would require that Rage convert 41.7% damage. This would get you 300 energy. The efficiency of QT+Rage is likely about 99%. Indeed this is too high, but still not GodMode. If you changed QT down to 200% instead of 240% then it would only give you 600 health back instead of 691.2. That's a difference of 90 health, which is rather large.

No matter how you try to do it you cannot exceed a 99% efficiency with R+QT. That is because the root problem is in the percentages of R+QT themselves. No matter how much health or energy you get, it will not work. (That is unless some math Wizard proves me otherwise)

This is why I believe you should drop the QT to 200%. It is still enough to be powerful, but not have an insane 99% efficiency.

Also for PvP, why not ban the mod or just make it have a conclave rating of 200?

Yes, please do make a post about how I am whining. Seriously, waste your own time doing it. It would be a wonderful idea! And while you're at it, consider a mod that you have spent any large sum of platinum on being nerfed in to the ground. If you complain about it, I'll be sure to treat you the very same.

Want to see the new Quick Thinking in action?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ckGwOeeU07g&feature=youtu.be

I just want to say before you make a statement that I keep seeing come up:

It's not supposed to keep you alive while you wade through stuff way over your head while taking lethal damage repeatedly. That's not "quick thinking" at all.

It's supposed to buy you an extra chance when you get creamed unexpectedly. From the video, it keeps you from bleedout for quite a while while under direct attack, and gives you a chance to flee.

The complaint that "when you're being swarmed, it's worthless". Well, yeah. It's not supposed to let you play bad, it's supposed to keep you from those random surprises. You can't possibly be surprised when a swarm shows up and overwhelms you.

The problem is:

But sir... Now that you have taken cover, you have 2hp to work with. Should your shields go down you have no health to cover you and must rely on energy that you didn't spend. This also defeats to purpose of having the mod. Why not save 15 points for something else?

Efficiency of QT should be dropped from 240% to 200% to "fix" it's Godmode. Quick thinking has been completely reworked. It used to upon death convert 240% of your remaining energy back in to health. Now it uses energy as health when you run out of health. This is not an "efficiency fix" it is a total rework. The mod's description does not match what it does.

It would be better to go in to bleedout instead of using up all of your energy and have 2hp left. At least a bleedout revive retains all your unspent energy and gives you full health.

Other viable solutions?

proposed fix to quick thinking:

when you lose all of your health, you use all of your energy, with a minimum of 100 energy, to cover yourself on a shield against all damage for X seconds.

for each level, you get an extra second.

TADA! fixed.

Another Solution:

https://forums.warfr...smart-thinking/

Anything but what we currently have.

Edited by Sophronius

I agree, but the video shows it in a PVP situation. not a intense infested situation.

(i still see your point and agree this needs to be fixed, but pvp with this mod i heard was ALWAYS broken?)

It was quick to demonstrate with PvP, but the result is exactly the same in PvE. After receiving the update I immediately went to kill Alad V. Death was swift and happened exactly like you see in the video for PvP.

Also, mods should never change due to PvP. Almost the entire community doesn't care about PvP. Mod changes should be focused around PvE experience, not PvP.

Edited by Sophronius

Yep, OP is correct i'm afraid.

I can understand fixing an unintended bug like the invulnerability, but this mod got nerfed to the grounds, this doesn't use full energy anymore, and barely get u back 1-20hp.

I hope they will re-check the values of this.

It was quick to demonstrate with PvP, but the result is exactly the same in PvE. After receiving the update I immediately went to kill Alad V. Death was swift and happened exactly like you see in the video for PvP.

I see, huh. Well i mean there's room for changes? [he said hopefully] i honestly doubt it will stay this broken.

i havent seen a ton of people use this load out. PLUS its not game breaking Loki + Radial Disarm + This setup= Broken as S#&$.

seems like this was reviewed, fixed, and thrown on the back burner.

I see, huh. Well i mean there's room for changes? [he said hopefully] i honestly doubt it will stay this broken.

i havent seen a ton of people use this load out. PLUS its not game breaking Loki + Radial Disarm + This setup= Broken as S#&$.

seems like this was reviewed, fixed, and thrown on the back burner.

Unfortunately it seems that DE has followed in doing the same thing that many other developers do. Make a quick, not well thought out and likely not properly tested idea to fix something that I will admit is over powered, and it end up destroying the mod entirely.

It is so broken that I sincerely think that they did not even test Quick Thinking when applying this "fix." You should never do that.

I say change Quick Thinking back to how it was, but drop efficiency to 200% instead of 240%.

proposed fix to quick thinking:

when you lose all of your health, you use all of your energy, with a minimum of 100 energy, to cover yourself on a shield against all damage for X seconds.

for each level, you get an extra second.

TADA! fixed.

Edited by lautalocos

I never used it and probably won't, I'm just here to snicker at people buying mods for huge sums of plat which then get nerfed.

To be honest I feel like I cheated the guy. How many hours of farming for Quick Thinking just for me to purchase it for less than working 1 hour at my job? But that's also why I gave him a spare Hammer Shot.

Thx to the cryers on pvp forums, we lost that combo on all other modes... i dont like pvp i dont play pvp, If you dont like this combo for pvp just modify it for pvp, let the other how it was for pve, it was a nice combo for increase the survival time...

Now you get a few grineers hitting you and Tada!!! Dead!!!

New quick thinking is a bullS**** er... is bad.

Bought it for platinum... now it is worthless... Ty DE.

To be honest I feel like I cheated the guy. How many hours of farming for Quick Thinking just for me to purchase it for less than working 1 hour at my job? But that's also why I gave him a spare Hammer Shot.

Hammer Shot being an actual worthless mod =P

I was very dissapointed with this happening....farmed for this mods for days and nights...very hard to come by. I made my Nekros with this build, satisfied though still die a few times and eventually did same build with my Nyx. Yah, of course your not immortal with it but will save you a few revives on a mission. I was very fulfilled with myself when I got this mods through hardwork (also kept me inspired to continue playing Warframe to some extent eventhough I got a hard time joining missions, play solo most of the time). Anyways, I was shock when I read the patch notes on the recent update and immediately logged-in to my account and see what happens...i did the Darvo mission a few minutes ago with my QTR build frame...got 1 hit ko'ed by a moa, i revived and got 1 hit ko'ed again...then suddenly the stalker appeared, same story. Its so frustrating for a player...quick thinking rage wut?

Why nerfed it? why nerfed it? why nerfed it? It's not your in God mode with it....It was the first time I got frustrated big time in Warframe...it was like my trophy mods...since I put a lot of hardwork in finding it, considering I do most of my missions solo.

Please revert it back to where it was before.....so frustrating.....zzzzzz......

so a game that the dev's were very anti-pvp... they finally added in pvp. 

and within a few months, pvp-ers start crying about how this combo breaks pvp.

so as a response, they break the mod.

this sets a precedent that will very quickly loose players.

i don't give a damn about pvp, if i did, i wouldn't play warframe. i'd be playing something like planetside or battlefield or whatever other form of digital punishment is popular right now.

yes, it can be said that this wasn't about pvp, it was about balance etc. but i doubt it.

this needs to be reverted back to it's original form. 

you could still die with rage + quick thinking in the wrong situation. (read: stalker)

hell, i just barely beat him even WITH this combo.

very bad form DE.

I agree. Bending over for the vocal minority whom constantly force their uneducated opinion onto others is definitely a bad idea. What happened to not balancing the game around PvP? Hell, the devs never even wanted to do any PvP content before.

I could understand a cooldown or a reduced efficiency, but this is just hilarious, even coming from Warframe. Hope it's just a miscalculation, but if it's not, I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest.

Edited by WharOne

so a game that the dev's were very anti-pvp... they finally added in pvp. 

and within a few months, pvp-ers start crying about how this combo breaks pvp.

so as a response, they break the mod.

this sets a precedent that will very quickly loose players.

i don't give a damn about pvp, if i did, i wouldn't play warframe. i'd be playing something like planetside or battlefield or whatever other form of digital punishment is popular right now.

yes, it can be said that this wasn't about pvp, it was about balance etc. but i doubt it.

this needs to be reverted back to it's original form. 

you could still die with rage + quick thinking in the wrong situation. (read: stalker)

hell, i just barely beat him even WITH this combo.

very bad form DE.

I did a Nightmare defense just before this update hit. I ended up with 150 health and 50 energy. It was no GodMode, that is a fact. In fact... Mathematically speaking... ehem.. (I'm no mathematician but I will give this a shot) If you have exactly 720 health, rage converts that in to 288 energy. Which becomes 691.2 health. (240%) You will die.

If your energy cap is 300 it will be converted to 720 health but use all of your energy. What ensures that you die is actually the rage mod. To have GodMode would require that Rage convert 41.7% damage. This would get you 300 energy. The efficiency of QT+Rage is likely about 99%. Indeed this is too high, but still not GodMode. If you changed QT down to 200% instead of 240% then it would only give you 600 health back instead of 691.2. That's a difference of 90 health, which is rather large.

No matter how you try to do it you cannot exceed a 99% efficiency with R+QT. That is because the root problem is in the percentages of R+QT themselves. No matter how much health or energy you get, it will not work. (That is unless some math Wizard proves me otherwise)

This is why I believe you should drop the QT to 200%. It is still enough to be powerful, but not have an insane 99% efficiency.

Also for PvP, why not ban the mod or just make it have a conclave rating of 200?

i definitely think that its there to cater pvp balance... whatever it is its a bad move.. the game should be enjoyable..

I dont use QT yet but im planning to use it on Valkyr to up her survivabilty as shes squishy for a melee frame, but now..wow.

Edited by KuzkinaMat