Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Quick Thinking Is A Worthless Mod

Sophronius

You're joking right? I don't even play half those warframes... LOL and I'm still smashing out high level content. I see the abuse in invincibility from trinity but who gives a F***, with skill you don't need cheap skills to get through the game. I can go high level content with any frame, excal, ember, loki because frames help but not as much as weapons do and it's called playing smart not running head on attempting to kill every god damn thing in sight and becoming a bullet sponge and thinking you're invincible.

I've played this game for a long time and I have unlocked most of content and I've done high level content, endless defence and survival for long periods with breeze.

"Half of those warframes", so you still play them and still smashing high level content. Oh of course you do.

You're joking right? I don't even play half those warframes... LOL and I'm still smashing out high level content. I see the abuse in invincibility from trinity but who gives a F***, with skill you don't need cheap skills to get through the game. I can go high level content with any frame, excal, ember, loki because frames help but not as much as weapons do and it's called playing smart not running head on attempting to kill every god damn thing in sight and becoming a bullet sponge and thinking you're invincible.

I've played this game for a long time and I have unlocked most of content and I've done high level content, endless defence and survival for long periods with breeze.

Rank 14 Silver Hunter here . and  I HAVE DONE EVERY @(*()$ THING IN THE GAME 10 TIMES OVER. Qt+R was a decent mod combo nerfed need sure w/e dont care but Put 6 feet under in the @(*()$ grave wtf was De Thinking, And just to let u know before u11 i have done over 150+ wave of def games. if u ask me i hate this update more then anything else. I have Leveled Every Frame And Every Weapon to 30 and forma about 5-10 of them 5 times. A nerf this hard hasnt been seen sense they nerfed ember and rhino and acrid. Now please get your yolo *@##$ &#! off this forum.

It was quick to demonstrate with PvP, but the result is exactly the same in PvE. After receiving the update I immediately went to kill Alad V. Death was swift and happened exactly like you see in the video for PvP.

Also, mods should never change due to PvP. Almost the entire community doesn't care about PvP. Mod changes should be focused around PvE experience, not PvP.

This.

i think the nerf is fine. i just want DE to get rid of the stagger lol if you have the activate QT because you are smack in the middle of a group of lvl 50 heavies, that's your problem, this nerf makes skill remain as a necesity to play the game lol. QT should be used more as a last resort for any small mistakes here and there, and you should be given the opportunity to make that quick getaway needed to remain alive lol.

just some of my opinions here lol

EDIT: i jsut ran a t2 ext on my loki to test out quick thinking on him with max energy (450 pts) and he DID NOT stagger. this was wierd cuz i tested it out on my frost with rage on back in the conclaves, and he ALWAYS staggered. loki did not stagger on the other hand, and was able to run back into cover to quickly save his *ss. is the stagger now conclaves only?

Edited by justadeadman

EDIT: i jsut ran a t2 ext on my loki to test out quick thinking on him with max energy (450 pts) and he DID NOT stagger.

I am not certain about this, but I believe there might be a cooldown period on the stagger now. You don't stagger constantly, but you will stagger once every so many hits or every so many seconds.

I have noticed that I will stagger on my Valkyr, but only on occasion.

I am not certain about this, but I believe there might be a cooldown period on the stagger now. You don't stagger constantly, but you will stagger once every so many hits or every so many seconds.

I have noticed that I will stagger on my Valkyr, but only on occasion.

just tested this on grineer and corpus with my loki again, and yeah, there might be a cooldown on the stagger. either that, or it takes large amounts of burst damage from several enemies all at once. after i did it against lvl 30 lancers, i did not stagger at all until one of them threw a grenade at me. against a group of 4 lvl 30 MOAs, i staggered IMMEDIATELY once QT was activated, and died right away xD. i tried it again, this time with one crewman, and did not stagger at all when it activated. I should have tested it with only one MOA as well, but my hypothesis is that it will not cause a stagger (with my theory being that it requires several mobs doing a large burst of damage all at once to start the stagger). 

idk, this type of thing is really impossible to figure out until several people test it out several times. hopefully DE will keep it like this and wait for feedback before they change it, if they change it, cuz i actually like it lol. sort of acts like a Regen Sentinel Mod, only one for Warframes :D. if you are staggering to your death in the middle of a pack of moas, that's your problem lol, you are not supposed to facetank anything in this game, especially past lvl 40 :3

• 5 weeks later...

Not to Nekros this thread but...

Bump, due to DE STILL not taking action as to fix Quick Thinking and it's interaction with Rage.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/139491-smart-thinking/

Seriously, this thread gives some good ideas, as OP stated in his spoilers.

Until DE manages to fix this mod the Rage + QT threads won't stop, so I suggest you get on it.