The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Status Rework

JaTheDemon

The last time DE buffed a status was when they had given Cold CD and Puncture CC. These were really good without breaking the game and i think DE need to do the same with the two elements that no one ever uses, Blast and Gas.

Blast

For blast to be viable it need to have a uniqueness to it. For it to be unique we gotta think outside the box. In the most recent update 35.5, They had made ground finishers more deadly. I think blast should knock down enemies for a longer period of time and allow ground finishers to be executed more efficiently with higher CC n CD or True DMG. My reason for this is because blast is in a spot where it does have a useful debuff on enemies. Lowering their accuracy doesn't do much especially when most dmg you take from a enemy is being delt when its not in your LoS. Keeping the extra dmg to fossilized and machine is okay but is useless when u can either armor strip or use corrosive to negate the armor.

Gas

Gas just need a Big Buff similar to what they did to Cold and Puncture. But instead of giving CC or CD, it should give extra DMG to Status Effects. Similar to how Dante's Pageflight works. Also i think the Gas DoT is good but very slept on since slash, fire, and electric does DoT but more simpler and easier. They should increases the gas AoE and Make the Gas cloud move to follow more enemies to proc more Gas. Unlike Blast which is completely Useless, Gas Is extremely good against infected. Many people think Viral is good since "most" infected has no armor or shields, But "infested" actually has a -50% modifier or Viral and has no modifier(+or -) on "infested Flesh". While on the other hand Gas had a +75% Modifier on "Infested" and +50% on "infested flesh"

• Like 1

I believe one of gas's biggest weaknesses is its capped at 10 stacks as a damage status effect unlike electric and if the enemy dies the gas cloud is also poofed from existence(iirc), though that also happens with electricity. Gas can be useful but needs REALLY high density to actually feel impactful imo. It's also affected by armor so it ends up being only really useful vs infested which are really easy to oneshot realistically.

people usually use viral on non-deimos infested because they can kinda just brute force it with the 325% extra dmg or w/e from 10 stacks of viral on a no dr target. Gas does nothing if the target dies since it's value is in the target dying slowly but fast enough to keep the missions flowing at a quick pace.

I think blast would be more usable if it was partly reverted to where it creates an actual aoe blast to knock down things instead of just affecting the target afflicted with the proc, though animations can still prevent the knockdown from happening until animation is finished playing.

there's also magnetic

magnetic is a weird one that also feels weak but that's mostly bcus very few enemies actually have an insane amount of shields that can't be ignored with toxin (only treasurers and sisters come to mind, so it's usefulness currently relies on how durable shields are since its just a shield version of viral.)

47 minutes ago, JaTheDemon said:

Gas just need a Big Buff

Excuse me sir, but you seem to have no idea what you are talking about. I expect gas soon to get a nerf due to Melee Influence interaction.

47 minutes ago, JaTheDemon said:

Blast

We already discussed this, here:

6 minutes ago, Lunastune said:

and if the enemy dies the gas cloud is also poofed from existence(iirc)

It is not.

If the host target dies, DmgGasSmall64 Gas will continue to tick damage on all enemies caught in the host's radius for its remaining duration.

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Damage/Gas_Damage#General

Guys, could you please educate yourself a little bit before you come on forums and ask for changes?

It is not even funny at this point. It is like you live in completely different dimention and we discuss physics. I am not even gonna adress what OP said, because he keeps mixing Damage with Status.

Edited by Zakkhar

Gas is not weak, gas is just more niche and requires setup. Then it can be absurdly strong.

Blast though, it kinda sucks in every ways. The effects are limited (lowering fire accuracy) and not reliable. And globally is weak against armored enemies and good only against random machinery you don't really care about. It recently got some new interactions with the topaz archon shards, but they are not really good enough to even create a new niche use for it. Blast definitely should have a new status effect that should be more impactful. The old knockdown effect was good but they didn't find a "good" way to make it scale from 1 to 10 procs and replaced it sadly. Imo they could just give that one effect back and make the knockdown a radial effect around the target with its range scaling with the number of stacks. And maybe a bit like gas, make it deal some AoE damage based on the amount of modded blast and the stacks.

7 hours ago, JaTheDemon said:

I think blast should knock down enemies for a longer period of time and allow ground finishers to be executed more efficiently with higher CC n CD or True DMG.

Which is only useful for melee and offers nothing interesting to gunplay, and is actually a detriment if you care about precision shooting

One thing to keep in mind with blast balance is considering all of the explosives/AoE guns with innate Blast damage, more or less as their default damage because Blast is "explosive". So the first thing that needs to be done is giving AoE Blast guns their own "explosive" damage, sort of like a new physical damage type like Impact/Puncture/Slash. Then we can start thinking about how to turn the actual Heat Cold combo into something that can be useful on any weapon, whether it's a gun, melee, or even when it's modded back onto AoE guns

Edited by Pakaku