The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What's some of your favourite incarnons and why ? featuring a vid of my top 3 from this week

helioth137

I guess, off the top of my head, memorable ones... 
of course the base 5, in particular the innodem and laetum are great but they've been around for ages and the novely has worn off. 

Here's some of my favourites which I earned in the last few months

Ceramic Dagger with secondary outburst is so useful for Dante (noctua build) and mesa (peacemakers), it's nice to have a melee act as a good stat stick for secondaries! 
Speaking of secondaries: Vasto, Onos, Synoid Gammacor, and Dual Toxo all have really nice alt fire modes, Especially the Vasto and Onos. Built properly they can really shred SP in 1 to 2 hits.
MagiStar! Free Life Strike mod as its unique passive on the sancti version, i dig it, and crazy fast attack speed + good damage even without a riven. 
Boltor Incarnon, super fun, impale enemies and 1 shot things without armour! 
Surprisingly: Angstrum Incarnon is pretty great, because you don't have to aim for those headshots, so particularly for yareli and when you don't feel like aiming too much, this is a great choice secondary, not hit-scan pistol, but once you do shoot enemies with incarnon mode, the bullets ricochet with heat seeking! Fun & low maintenance gameplay
Burston Incarnon is really fun too, it shreds quite nicely with red crits + hunter munitions, simple assault rifle 
Soma incarnon, ever since a friend showed me how to mod it with "satya ha" or whatever the augment from entrati fam/ father is called, this thing has been such a beast
Kunai incarnon for tier 6 red crits with auto headshot
Boar incarnon i like it because the shotgun mode gets a nice boost, but also the beam (+ punch through riven) just annihilates hordes of enemies and has auto aiming
Latron is pretty great statistically but somehow I don't like it that much, the ricochet and "impact" of the incarnon bullets just doesn't feel right somehow.

Paris > Dread in my eyes, weirdly enough, probably because it's easier to hit targets with the huge arrows from paris, even though it does a bit less dmg (have riven for dread...)
Dual ichor (post nerf), Ack & Brunt, Hate are all pretty good, but the one that caught my attention was Ruvox, with its 12 second aoe paralysis CC,
Sibear felt a bit underwhelming, probably haven't modded it right yet

Over all i enjoyed the evolution challenges and playing with these incarnons, getting the most out of my favourites, i'm glad they added this feature to the game, even though I feel circuit is quite tiring after a while, and I stopped grinding the full 10 stages for rewards, instead opting for 5 on most weeks. 

Anticipating a lot of people saying "strun"... I tried it out, yeah, it's alright, definitely has some punch to it, just somehow not really my thing, too simple somehow, and the visual + auditory impact weren't as fun as many other incarnons including base ones.

Edited by helioth137
  • Like 1

• helioth137 changed the title to What's some of your favourite incarnons and why ? featuring a vid of my top 3 from this week

1. Lex. Probably my favorite secondary in the whole game even without the incarnon (though Pyrana Prime gives it a run for its money), Wally's dark blessing is just throwing a whole new way to fall in love with the Lex all over again. It charges fast so I can feel like swapping whatever I want, then fills the screen with damage numbers like the Catchmoon wishes it could still do

2. Laetrum. It's an obvious choice but it's undeniable. Just shooting the incarnon form feels good, a sort of funky bass-twinged pew pew gun that will happily scatter a crowd for you

3. Paris and Dread. Let's face it, they're the same incarnon. At first this feels like a retread of the Lex incarnon (which is more than welcome) but after some time with them I actually feel more like a functional version of the Cernos Prime. The problem with Cernos P is that vertical mode is meant for single target headshots but sucks at single target headshots. Incarnon bows don't have that problem, standard arrows give you all the precision power you need while incarnon form mops up the crowd afterward.

• Like 2

I've only ever tried a few, but out of those, I liked the Paris, Boltor, Latron, Lato, Dual Toxocysts, Despair.

The Miter incarnon is alright, the transformation on its own doesn't really do much for me. But I do have a multishot riven, and that makes the transformation way more fun since it ends up shooting a ton of projectiles

I do like the Vasto as a stat buff, but not for its actual incarnon transformation (it may actually be one of the worst "weapons" I have ever used)

Edited by Pakaku
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, Pakaku said:

I do like the Vasto as a stat buff, but not for its actual incarnon transformation (it may actually be one of the worst "weapons" I have ever used)

Fun fact, the Vasto Incarnon's gimmick is based on Daikatana of all things. The "shotcycler" shotgun will always empty its six-round magazine after a single trigger pull

I swear, sometimes the video game industry is determined to deliberately not learn from its history

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TARINunit9 said:

Fun fact, the Vasto Incarnon's gimmick is based on Daikatana of all things. The "shotcycler" shotgun will always empty its six-round magazine after a single trigger pull

I swear, sometimes the video game industry is determined to deliberately not learn from its history

I don't mind burst-fire weapons really, and that's effectively what the transformation is. The problems are the forced un-zooming, the insane recoil that feels really disorienting and impossible to aim with, and the fact that it only has four trigger-pulls before it runs out of incarnon fuel. I just don't even bother transforming it because it's over before I even know it.

Edited by Pakaku
  • Like 1

Latron/Telos Boltor, Dual Toxocyst/Lex Prime and nothing from melee... Even with curent state of stances, using melee at dayly basys is too ugly, Heavy Atack is literaly throwback what was thrown away years ago...

Latron and Dual Toxocyst.

Latron went from being a simple, no muss no fuss, rifle, to an absurd energy cannon and the best rifle in the game in an instant.
The fact the Latron is just a nice simple Semi-auto rifle, is appealing honestly. Nothing fancy, no bells and whistles, just, GUN. It shoots a bullet, it does damage, that's all it needs to do.

Throw the incarnon on there, and it becomes the only innate Armour Stripping gun in the game, with absolutely bonkers damage, insane Crits, solid Status, AOE AND ricochetting shots. Slap on Auto-targetting and infinite ammo and it then has quite literally everything any gun ever wants!

The Dual Toxo are similar. They are bit fancier with their headshot mechanic, though with an air of skillfull play (or a scourge) involved to upkeep their mechanic. They suffered from Recoil, slow fire rate, semi-auto and inability to deal with groups.
Incarnon fixes all of those problems, as well as MASSIVELY boosting their damage and turning the Dual Toxo into a Hybrid Status+Crit weapon, capable of melting quite literally anything with a head hitbox!

• Like 2

Phenmor, Laetum/Synoid Gammacor, Innodem.

Mostly Innodem - it is so fun and strong, I already got 4 buils for it I use on daily basis. I replaced Verdilac, Gram P and Destreza P with it. It feels better even though I have pretty op rivens for those.

I have used Gammacor as secondary before the incarnon already so still using it (I do not activate Inarnon mode ever, unless I misclick).

Letum is a good secondary pick if I want to be able to kill stuff with it.

I used Phenmor for Archons mostly but it fits on many of the frames/setups better than what I had there before.

I got most of the new ones and forced myself to use Boltor/Latron/Boar for some variety but I'd only pick those in Duviri/Circuit/AD.

Lex is fun, but it kinda doesnt fit because non incarnon is single target and the incarnon is aoe, so picking good primary to pair with it is a pain.

Edited by Zakkhar
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, Stormandreas said:

Latron and Dual Toxocyst.

Latron went from being a simple, no muss no fuss, rifle, to an absurd energy cannon and the best rifle in the game in an instant.
The fact the Latron is just a nice simple Semi-auto rifle, is appealing honestly. Nothing fancy, no bells and whistles, just, GUN. It shoots a bullet, it does damage, that's all it needs to do.

Throw the incarnon on there, and it becomes the only innate Armour Stripping gun in the game, with absolutely bonkers damage, insane Crits, solid Status, AOE AND ricochetting shots. Slap on Auto-targetting and infinite ammo and it then has quite literally everything any gun ever wants!

The Dual Toxo are similar. They are bit fancier with their headshot mechanic, though with an air of skillfull play (or a scourge) involved to upkeep their mechanic. They suffered from Recoil, slow fire rate, semi-auto and inability to deal with groups.
Incarnon fixes all of those problems, as well as MASSIVELY boosting their damage and turning the Dual Toxo into a Hybrid Status+Crit weapon, capable of melting quite literally anything with a head hitbox!

i like your descriptions :) 

Agree with latron's armour stripping being great... tennocon reveal 2025: subsume incarnon evolutions and put them on other guns :P 

dual toxo are quite fun and i hadn't thought of "stat sticking" scourge for them, only used it for kunai for effortless incarnon charging so far. 

@Zakkhar "you'd only pick those in ... AD" ^____^ anno domini ? :P 
j/k, i know you mean DA: defence alliance mode :P 

2 minutes ago, helioth137 said:

"you'd only pick those in ... AD" ^____^ anno domini ? :P 
j/k, i know you mean DA: defence alliance mode :P 

I meant DA, Deep Archimedean, or w/e it's called.

Alliance? No thanks, Horde here.

9 minutes ago, Zakkhar said:

I meant DA, Deep Archimedean, or w/e it's called.

Alliance? No thanks, Horde here.

is that that game mode for philosophers? 

Not really into all that talking stuff, remembering words hurts. 

especially ones like extracalafragalisticexpialidocious... as mary poppins says, it sounds quite atrocious. 

...conflict between horde and alliance is engineered by... the evil overlords in the netherworld a.k.a blizzard :P

My favourite Incarnon and most played weapon is Torid. Works great with Primary Blight. With enough multishot you can charge it with a single shot.

The incarnon form is really great for extermination missions where you try to get through enemies quickly.

Praedos is a really nice alternative to Kronen Prime and with the extra mobility good as a default pick for most missions.

Really excited to get Miter Incarnon once it returns. Just wish DE didn't put Torid, Dual Toxocyst, Miter, Dual Ichor and Atomos all in one week because all of them are really good and you have to wait at least 21 weeks to get them all.

• Like 2

Dread/Paris Prime: They are functionally pretty similar, I like both, and the Paris Prime a tiny bit more for the ability to actually change its colour channels more. I use to use them both a bit even before they got Incarnons because I just like bows. Well since this is Warframe, specifically traditional like bows. That being said, I like the stats buffs they got, and I also like the Incarnon modes too, and swapping between them when fit. I also love using them both with Mag, Nidus, Khora, and other Warframes with grouping abilities. Especially down long corridors too, the amount of numbers that pop up, plus the sound design of enemies being ripped in two, etc. 

Braton Prime/Phenmor: They are a bit different, but I have a soft spot for both of them for similar reasons. Phenmor was the first Incarnon I used, and it immediately felt fun, and powerful, even for the kind of weapon it was. Revitalised my excitement for new weapon potential, and a reminder that there are ways to incentivise non "AOE" weapons. I always liked the Braton but felt it was a bit too underwhelming, but I kept mine and had a Riven for it to use in SP. Its incarnon was the first out of the second wave of Incarnons, but the new type that revitalised older weapons, and upon using it, it also felt fun and powerful, and made me realise that I would probably want to unlock all the new Incarnons... 

Boar Prime: My fav weapon types are shotguns, and then my third after bows are beam weapons. With Boar I get to have two of those, and the stat buffs were really really nice, especially for the regular form of it incarnon. Probably my most used Incarnon. Only think I think that could make me use it less, is if we get a Tigris incarnon (or some new version of the Exergis, Tenet or Incarnon). 

• Like 2

Torid: Don't need headshots to build it up, and the end result is a chaining beam of pure death.

Furis: This one took me by surprise since while it may not be the best as far as secondaries go, the incarnon form (microwave gun) combined with the mod for it from New Loka (lifesteal with a proc for extra healing and a health increase) makes it super entertaining for any frame that compliments secondaries like Mesa or Yareli.

Bo: While it's definitely not the best melee incarnon (incarnon form just adds some damage and doubles its reach), it's mainly my go-to incarnon because I have a Riven for it that lets me build it as a crit and status weapon with higher heavy attack efficiency because why not.

The original three (Praedos, Laetum and Phenmor) are also up there for me as well.

• Like 1

Latron and Atomos are my all time favorites due to extreme bias. I already loved those weapons before Incarnons and was so happy when they were fed Buff Juice.

Felarx, base auto shotgun is great against more durable enemies, then being able to split them in two and taking out crowds feels fantastic.

Onos, arm cannons are already a cool, giving it 3 different types of shots is just *chef's kiss*. The base shot has been melting Steelpath Necramechs for me. The cone of death that leads to the super laser is great for crowds, I'll just spam that with Corro and Green Shards to melt armor. Then using said cone to buff the super laser feels super satisfying.

• Like 1

Interesting hearing you all + your reasons for those choices (: 

I know no one has said Ruvox or Onos yet, except me, but... I'll just restate that those are fun once you invest 4 forma in them + build your frame around them. 

4 hours ago, TARINunit9 said:

1. Lex. Probably my favorite secondary in the whole game even without the incarnon (though Pyrana Prime gives it a run for its money), Wally's dark blessing is just throwing a whole new way to fall in love with the Lex all over again. It charges fast so I can feel like swapping whatever I want, then fills the screen with damage numbers like the Catchmoon wishes it could still do

Thanks! You inspired me to actually grind for it this week (:

4 hours ago, Pakaku said:

I've only ever tried a few, but out of those... Despair....

10 years later and stalker still hasn't dropped it, hahaha. Should get beacons and hunt him with a squad I guess! Would be nice to have the 3 set piece bonus on dread despair and hate, wonder which frame I'd put it on. Perhaps good old excalibur. With a Savage Silence subsume over his 4th, and really emphasize the ninja/ Stealth aspect of gameplay once again. 

4 hours ago, TARINunit9 said:

That is a fun fact actually ;o 
As for vasto incarnon being bashed, I actually like how it deletes stuff when you're up close and personal (or not so close, once you have -recoil). 
Not learning from history is ... tough... luckily we have dante here now to teach us. 

4 hours ago, Pakaku said:

I don't mind burst-fire weapons really, and that's effectively what the transformation is. The problems are the forced un-zooming, the insane recoil that feels really disorienting and impossible to aim with, and the fact that it only has four trigger-pulls before it runs out of incarnon fuel. I just don't even bother transforming it because it's over before I even know it.

Ah the joys of being able to counter whatever issues you have with a weapon thanks to mods & rivens. 

The recoil is indeed insane without reduction, and the magazine size/ amount of shots you can get could be a little higher, but with "Death Trap Trigger" being one of the intended ways to play it (swap, and within 4 seconds do huge bursts), I see it as a nifty and unique addition to the incarnon table. 
Reload speed speeds up the switching in and out of the mode of course... I know I'm stating obvious stuff but often we overlook it. 

3 hours ago, Zakkhar said:

Mostly Innodem - it is so fun and strong, I already got 4 buils for it I use on daily basis. I replaced Verdilac, Gram P and Destreza P with it. It feels better even though I have pretty op rivens for those.

I have used Gammacor as secondary before the incarnon already so still using it (I do not activate Inarnon mode ever, unless I misclick).

Those are fun, I really like those too :) 

Going to pick up a riven for Innodem, surprisingly cheap! ;o 
Gammacor just charges so F'n fast, and its big explosive + grouping missiles are fun :) Nice that they procc cold too! :o

3 hours ago, OggerAZ said:

My favourite Incarnon and most played weapon is Torid. Works great with Primary Blight. With enough multishot you can charge it with a single shot.

The incarnon form is really great for extermination missions where you try to get through enemies quickly.

...miter...

I've been ignoring Torid on purpose because people told me how boring it was, but having made the Boar work and finding it fun for mindless grinding, I'll get it next time around :) Miter is dope, indeed, nullify nullifiers :) 

3 hours ago, (PSN)slightconfuzzled said:

Dread/Paris Prime: They are functionally pretty similar, I like both, and the Paris Prime a tiny bit more for the ability to actually change its colour channels more. I use to use them both a bit even before they got Incarnons because I just like bows. Well since this is Warframe, specifically traditional like bows. That being said, I like the stats buffs they got, and I also like the Incarnon modes too, and swapping between them when fit. I also love using them both with Mag, Nidus, Khora, and other Warframes with grouping abilities. Especially down long corridors too, the amount of numbers that pop up, plus the sound design of enemies being ripped in two, etc. 

You make me want to play with them :D  I guess it was just frustrating using them with Zephyr and trying to snipe with the slow projectile speed (even with triple buffs from mods, augments, riven and so on). 
CC + Huge dmg travel speed weapon = Grofit :D 

35 minutes ago, Raarsi said:

Furis: This one took me by surprise since while it may not be the best as far as secondaries go, the incarnon form (microwave gun) combined with the mod for it from New Loka (lifesteal with a proc for extra healing and a health increase) makes it super entertaining for any frame that compliments secondaries like Mesa or Yareli.

Help me reverse engineer my microwave and stick it into warframe ;D I'll give you some plat :P 
--

@TeaHands Can't wait to get Atomos! :D Have a riven for it and it's really pretty good ;o
Felarx with Kullervo's collective curse is just something else :D Also really fun with Trinity's Champion's Blessing :) Could Run Marked for Death for a similar effect.

Yay, finally someone who loves Onos too (:

Here's a little vid I made about it, great little gun. In my opinion still not better than Laetum, BUT, more fun to use (: & more varied.

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, helioth137 said:

You make me want to play with them :D  I guess it was just frustrating using them with Zephyr and trying to snipe with the slow projectile speed (even with triple buffs from mods, augments, riven and so on). 
CC + Huge dmg travel speed weapon = Grofit :D 

That totally makes sense, and I acknowledge that I am probably the odd one here. For example, I already often played with the Daikyu with no fire rate mods, or the like, because I would enjoy the long steady pull back of the bow, lining up the perfect shot on a line of enemies running towards you, then firing the perfect "shot" where your arrow punches through a dozen or so enemies, So the slower fire rate and the slower projectile but infinite body punch through of those weapons reminded me a lot of the Daikyu, just enhanced.

I do have different builds for them though, one for solo play where I can go for super satisfying slow shots, and one for MP, that is faster fire rate and speed and just more kill efficient/DPS/KPM based. 

• Like 2

vor 1 Stunde schrieb Raarsi:

Torid: Don't need headshots to build it up, and the end result is a chaining beam of pure death.

Bo: While it's definitely not the best melee incarnon (incarnon form just adds some damage and doubles its reach), it's mainly my go-to incarnon because I have a Riven for it that lets me build it as a crit and status weapon with higher heavy attack efficiency because why not.

The original three (Praedos, Laetum and Phenmor) are also up there for me as well.

torid incarnon is kick ass. The only problem is that it doesn't take long. But at least 2-3 large groups are immediately dead.
I currently only play netra with unlimited secondary. Because 2+ dmg buffs, fire rate buff from mele and 2x dmg arcanes are absolutely deadly. and I don't even have to move.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SneakyErvin said:

Dual Ichor

Nami Solo

Bo (Prime)

Sancti Magistar

Ack & Brunt

Burston (Prime)

Torid

Dual Toxocyst

Ceramic Dagger (due to what it enables on pseudo exalteds)

what do you like about the nami solo ? 

and how do you put the ack & brunt to use ? i got it and liked it initially but it fell off use wise... haven't found its niche yet

4 hours ago, ReddyDisco said:

Dual Toxocyst: Brrrrrt.

Lex: Immense power.

Ceramic dagger: Acolyte killer and bulletjump statstick. 

is the lex really so good? keep hearing good things 

ceramic dagger "bulletjump" ? ah you mean speeds up velocity ?

Phenmoar.  I even love it in semi-auto, AKA Veldt Prime Prime Mode.

Miter.  Incarnon mode done right, where it adds something new but is still reminiscent of classic Miter.

Boltor.  Full disclosure, I've got a RoF riven for this thing.  One word:  BRRRRRRRRRRRRT.

Onos.  Great aethetics, delightful headshot machine in normal mode, with completely bizarre but powerful Incarnon mode.

Bronco.  I can't explain this one.  Somehow so frustrating and so, so satisfying at the same time.

Nami Solo.  Machetes are awesome.  9m long Machetes with 100% Follow Through are

Reaction GIF

Edited by Tiltskillet
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Tiltskillet said:

Phenmoar.  I even love it in semi-auto, AKA Veldt Prime Prime Mode.

Miter.  Incarnon mode done right, where it adds something new but is still reminiscent of classic Miter.

Boltor.  Full disclosure, I've got a RoF riven for this thing.  One word:  BRRRRRRRRRRRRT.

Onos.  Great aethetics, delightful headshot machine in normal mode, with completely bizarre but powerful Incarnon mode.

Bronco.  I can't explain this one.  Somehow so frustrating and so, so satisfying at the same time.

Nami Solo.  Machetes are awesome.  9m long Machetes with 100% Follow Through are

Reaction GIF

bucking bronco :D Can you try to explain why it's satisfying? I remember the base gun had incredibly slow reload speed & only a few shots.
looks like i have to get that machete after all too (: 

8 minutes ago, helioth137 said:

Can you try to explain why it's satisfying?

Well, it's really hard to get headshots with.  And the magazine is tiny, so you're constantly reloading.   And it only gets half a charge per headshot.  So overall, I think it's harder to charge than any other Incarnon.  And it might not seem to do all that much once you get it into Incarnon mode.

Does that explain it well enough, lol?

I will say it helps a lot to have punch through and the 1.2 sprint speed perk active, and a riven.   Periodically it'll do something downright amazing...although that's at least partly because I have low expectations!

Hipster cred.  I think that might be the best explanation. :P

• Like 1

7 hours ago, helioth137 said:

what do you like about the nami solo ? 

and how do you put the ack & brunt to use ? i got it and liked it initially but it fell off use wise... haven't found its niche yet

is the lex really so good? keep hearing good things 

ceramic dagger "bulletjump" ? ah you mean speeds up velocity ?

Lex is perhaps the strongest secondary i have, nothing survives more than one shot.

• Like 3