The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Favourite ways to play Kullervo? :) Two of my unconventional ways shared

helioth137

Hey Tenno Forum (: 

Hope ya all feeling like the ten's you are :P 

So, basically, either melee or ranged Kullervo, making use of daggers, in particular ceramic dagger & innodem, but also Kunai (thrown, totally overlooked incarnon). 
The unique gimmick is to use secondary outburst in combo with ceramic dagger's "gun and blade" evolution, for instant and permanent combo multiplier, 
also, if you're already rolling in plat, perhaps you have a max'd melee crescendo for fast stacking permanent 12x and insane 240% crit chance + crit damage from S-O

I would type a whole bunch of words explaining things more, but, sorry, I already did that in the video & don't have energy to explain more. 

If you prefer text, there's a cool way to transcribe + summarize videos using a.i, basically click the "transcription" button next to the video, then pop the text in chatgpt/ gemini/ grok, and voila, instant summary :P Unfortunately it doesn't have an actual understanding of the game, or any subject for that matter, beyond what people type on the net. 

Hope you found this at least a bit entertaining & enjoyable, as you can see in the video there's also snipe-lervo, cast-lervo and stealth/finisher-lervo (: 

Feel free to share your unique ways of playing him :) 

I found few unique ways of playing him (maybe some are similar).

You can get combo via casting 2 or 4. So I use it a lot. With new augment I can cast 4th then teleport it with 1st. Combo mods affect combo gain.

When I cast Collective curse, damaging enemies makes more damage to other enemies around.

I use heavy attack more often (especially with first). You can even heavy attack in air!

I've found that 2nd give you overguard.

Now, let's make it more serious. All above is big joke because OP is just playing Kullervo as intended, more or less.

Maybe not VERY unique but I've find sliding heavies pretty fun. You need long wind up speed melee. You tap 1st (change tap/hold if necessary) and start sliding. You are the Drifter. (*ba dum tss*). You can do it in the air.

I just cant get away from melee influence on him together with insane amounts of crit chance and crit damage in total.

Right now I'm getting a flat +600% total crit with Wrathful+Avenger, then a bit over 100%+ on the weapon itself, depending which one I use, for atleast 700% crit chance in total. I've swapped out Ukko for Roar and practically never Curse, since Influence already kills everything 20-26(29) meters around me depending on the weapon and how close to me the enemies get hit. When I do use Curse it is before I unload the alt fire on my Grimoire.

It is also why I have a love-hate relationship with my Smeeta Dizzy atm, since at times she ends up drooling and looking at me with the "I haz prezent 4 u mastur!" look and grants me her crit "buff", dumping me down to 200% crit instead. Well atleast she tries! I'm glad I can stuff her back in the Orbiter as soon as my boosters run out. Only 35 more days or so with a slightly mentally disabled kavat by my side. It gives me time to decide if I'm gonna go back to my Panzer, the Hound or start utilizing my Adarza.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, quxier said:

Now, let's make it more serious. All above is big joke because OP is just playing Kullervo as intended, more or less.

i never see anyone going to level cap with arcane trickery on Kullervo 

nor do i see people in public lobbies using snipers on him ... 

That said, one thing that occured to me now after making the video, is you can subsume Ivara's arrow quiver over his first ability, as we are just using Kunai + skills to kill, instead of melee. The arrow quiver then gives us easy infinite stealth, and (our whole squad if they want it!), we can shred all enemies with 1 thrown knife + collective curse + either scourge for easy non incarnon mode headshots, OR miter, for some backups dps on the move. 

14 minutes ago, helioth137 said:

That's just goes down to "use strong enough weapon with Curse". It's not very unique.

Corufell with Wrathful Advance, because why ramp up a heavy attack when you can ramp up a heavy attack with infinite punchthrough?

Edited by Raarsi
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Raarsi said:

Corufell with Wrathful Advance, because why ramp up a heavy attack when you can ramp up a heavy attack with infinite punchthrough?

sounds fun, especially with void snare from vazarin, grouping everything up to make use of that punch through, or for instance mag, her bubble grouping + making the projectile hit everything multiple times, while armour stripping with fracturing crush

7 hours ago, helioth137 said:

I do occasionally in sniper sorties.  But mostly if I'm using a sniper rifle, I'm not playing in squad.  Even though Kullervo is better than anybody at keeping up with 2024 squads while using one.

7 hours ago, quxier said:

That's just goes down to "use strong enough weapon with Curse". It's not very unique.

It's a touch deeper than that with snipers, as Curse propagates not just melee combo but also sniper combo.

I wouldn't know whether to call it "very unique" or not.  It's more work than melee,  so probably not popular.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Tiltskillet said:
7 hours ago, quxier said:

It's a touch deeper than that with snipers, as Curse propagates not just melee combo but also sniper combo.

I wouldn't know whether to call it "very unique" or not.  It's more work than melee,  so probably not popular.

So, "on headshot" mode. Yeah, I guess it's more 'unique' than just 'strong weapon'. I wonder how Zymos would work (on headshots it spread some stuffs nearby).

1 minute ago, quxier said:

So, "on headshot" mode.

I don't know what you mean.  Headshots are fun, of course.  Sniper headshots extra-extra fun.  But Sniper combo just depends on hitting the target directly, not on headshots.

2 minutes ago, quxier said:

I wonder how Zymos would work (on headshots it spread some stuffs nearby).

If it's not bugged, it should just be a straightforward propagation of damage from all of Zymos' effects.  But I haven't tried it.  It does strike me as the kind of thing where something might not work as expected.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Raarsi said:

another cool way with that might be subsuming xata's whisper to keep the projectile going (similar to mag's bubble) 

15 hours ago, quxier said:

i wasn't asking for "very unique" i was just saying unconventional. It's in the title (:
And also, the point was more for us to share with each other, not to talk down to people in the thread.

If you watched the video or at least read my comments, you'd see you skipped the unusual ways i mentioned too: 
1. using arcane trickery to put kullervo in permanent stealth. Zakti opens up enemies to finishers, it's a fun and forgotten weapon and pairs well with K: status immune through overguard.
2. the interaction between his 3 and 4 absolutely shreds hordes, Something i discovered while making the vid the more there are the more damage he does! You can play him as a pure caster frame.  
3. huras kubrow puts you in stealth and keeps you there as long as you only use his 2, 3 and 4. 
4. shade also puts you in stealth with the same rules, and the "ambush" precept gives you +240% damage for 3 seconds on the initial shot / hit and after coming out
5. naramon with killer's rush perk combos really well with special K. and trickery. 

A tip here for lower geared players since it is about Kullervo.

If you use Curse alot, consider using Toxin damage when facing Corrupted, since the health type damaged transfers directly to damage the same health type for all curse linked targets while also ignoring defenses. This means that no matter what you hit it will always damage health of everyone else, as opposed to if you run any other damage type, at which point corpus will have their shields targetted first. So if they are the main target you spread from, damage you deal to the shields will deal no damage to any corrupted grineer or infested since they dont have shields.

So toxin makes it easier to target anything, while every other damage type benefits from targetting either corrupted grineer or infested, since they only have health to target, which then bypasses Corpus shields through curse link. Now if you are geared this wont matter, since no matter what you hit it will kill everything else that is cursed aswell.

Edited by SneakyErvin
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, PHOSPHATIDYLETHANOLAMINE said:

Arcane Trickster been fixed. Is no longer triggering same way as sniper combo build up. I spent plat on this.

"fixed"? care to explain what you mean? i couldn't make sense of this 
it's the same as it's always been. 
you have a 30% chance per melee finisher kill to be put in stealth 

what? Yesterday it was 15% and kills from abilities were counted as MELEE because Mirage's Ball triggers Melee Influence for some reason.
Ash exclusive, just like melee crescendo.
In any way, finishers take ages to execute (90% speed cap) and considering you cannot collectively link more than 1 cast it is hardly usable unless Cloak arrow which again pales in comparison to Savage Silence, which again - only does as much as enemy hp has + unusable on slow heavies with 13% dur only.

Edited by PHOSPHATIDYLETHANOLAMINE

18 hours ago, PHOSPHATIDYLETHANOLAMINE said:

what? Yesterday it was 15% and kills from abilities were counted as MELEE because Mirage's Ball triggers Melee Influence for some reason.
Ash exclusive, just like melee crescendo.
In any way, finishers take ages to execute (90% speed cap) and considering you cannot collectively link more than 1 cast it is hardly usable unless Cloak arrow which again pales in comparison to Savage Silence, which again - only does as much as enemy hp has + unusable on slow heavies with 13% dur only.

oh, my mistake, it's 30 seconds duration, not 30% chance, and yes, 15% chance. 

strangely, when i collective cursed with kullervo and used a finisher with zakti which opened up finishers, i instantly got stealth. 

Probably the same thing with vazarin void snare, especially there because you get finishers by the dozen (literally). 

No, it used to make sense since the chance was 15% per cursed target so if you got like 20 targets was nearly guaranteed. Now it doesnt so Ash exclusive. Finishers are genererally not a very cool gameplay choice. There's few ways to work around them but thats like eating soup with chopsticks. As I said many times - capped at 90% atk speed which is only shortening Wrathful I-frame window, yes, with slow enough wind-up you can pretend Atlas but without, you only make yourself vulnerable during wind down - no I-frames during finishers remember?