The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

This New Bow...

Xaiux

The Cernos comes with one "V" Polarity.

It brings 30 impact damage to the table with no mods, 2 puncture, and 8 slash.

Fire rate of 1.0, as per usual with the bows, 20% Crit Chance, 15.0% Status Chance.

Imo, it's merely a Corpus Hunter version of the Paris, just as the dread is the infested hunter version, and Paris is the Grineer hunter.

As far as charge damage goes, it seems pretty poor, but obviously with no mods theres still a lot to test.

Edited by Stakhanov

The Cernos comes with one "V" Polarity.

It brings 30 impact damage to the table with no mods, 2 puncture, and 8 slash.

Fire rate of 1.0, as per usual with the bows, 20% Crit Chance, 15.0% Status Chance.

Imo, it's merely a Corpus Hunter version of the Paris, just as the dread is the infested hunter version, and Paris is the Grineer hunter.

As far as charge damage goes, it seems pretty poor, but obviously with no mods theres still a lot to test.

Damage got ninja-ed :)

It's actually very powerful against corpus. Just mod it correctly. You are just sweeping it aside without giving it so much as a chance.

Or you could use a sniper with the same amount of damage or any of the already many impact secondaries.

Even for corpus its a bust.

See, this is what I don't like about damage 2.0, they say it won;t be rock paper scissors, and it's not. But it's a little too close for me. Most things should get slight advantage against something, and then, you have specialized weapons... anyway. I like damage 2 in it's entirety, but, it feel's more and more rock paper scissors as I play around with it.

See, this is what I don't like about damage 2.0, they say it won;t be rock paper scissors, and it's not. But it's a little too close for me. Most things should get slight advantage against something, and then, you have specialized weapons... anyway. I like damage 2 in it's entirety, but, it feel's more and more rock paper scissors as I play around with it.

This is what I hate about Damage 2.0 as well. One-trick ponies all over the place.

I am a bow lover, but the new system really messed up the bow damage royally. Oh well, Guess I'm sticking to my Vectis.

I feel as if it is too similar to the paris. 
Impact vs. puncture is not an adequate sidegrade. 
.2 less reload for 4 less damage is not enough to really make them different. 
The combination of both..? Still not that big of a deal when elements will cover every enemy regardless of initial damage type. 
We need a faster but weaker bow. 
A slower but stronger bow.  
Some flavour in our weapons. 

I agree.  Instead of rock paper scissors, it's multiple choice: match the weapon damage with the enemy type. Now it's much more pointless to have a favorite weapon because chances are it's not great against one of the factions.

I need a new weapon to level up and this is pretty cheap so I've got it building right now.

Imagine being a new player and not having the arsenal that most of us have built up. Imagine running Grineer missions and your only weapons do like 5 puncture damage. 

Edited by KornyWayz