The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

PC Dante Unbound: Hotfix 35.5.7

[DE]Megan

1 час назад, [DE]Megan сказал:

Before: Due to Defense targets being much larger than players, they were applying several hit ticks in a row onto these targets resulting in massive damage.

You delayed DA for almost two weeks to make sure it is in its' best, and, still, miss that there are something that can one-shot the defense target? Have you even tested it, at least few times? It's literally impossible to miss that chamber losing 10k hp or more in a blink of an eye, if you played it yourself. First there were invisible grenades that one-shotted defense targets, then no hp scaling for excavators and other targets. Now this. Do you even learn from your own mistakes? Ppl were always getting extremely mad if there was something like this, and yet again. The same. Just waste your time because the new game mode was tested poorly, if it even was.

Vampyric Liminus’ Health/Energy drain can now affect spawned allies (Specters, Abilities that spawn NPC units, etc.) and vehicles (Necramechs and Merulina). 

Nice. Just nice. Previously it looked like it was intended to use all the gear in your possession to be able to finish theese missions, and now even necramech will not be able to save you from theese annoying bastards. They suck your energy with a snap of a finger. You contact it - bam - no energy. Once I rushed as a frost to renew sphere around the defence target, and, sadly, there was a luminus there. I had full energy before it, but when I pressed a button - I was quite surprised it told me I have no energy for this action. This game mod is already extremely anti-fun to play, even though rewards are pretty good - they can't outweight how awful it feels to play this game mode. You just force ppl to play warframes they don't like, shoot weak guns, and use no abilities because you have no energy in a game where the whole deal is to kill hoards of enemies with your favorite guns and frames

• Like 10

Before: Due to Defense targets being much larger than players, they were applying several hit ticks in a row onto these targets resulting in massive damage.

You delayed DA for almost two weeks to make sure it is in its' best, and, still, miss that there are something that can one-shot the defense target? Have you even tested it, at least few times? It's literally impossible to miss that chamber losing 10k hp or more in a blink of an eye, if you played it yourself. First there were invisible grenades that one-shotted defense targets, then no hp scaling for excavators and other targets. Now this. Do you even learn from your own mistakes? Ppl were always getting extremely mad if there was something like this, and yet again. The same. Just waste your time because the new game mode was tested poorly, if it even was.

Vampyric Liminus’ Health/Energy drain can now affect spawned allies (Specters, Abilities that spawn NPC units, etc.) and vehicles (Necramechs and Merulina). 

Nice. Just nice. Previously it looked like it was intended to use all the gear in your possession to be able to finish theese missions, and now even necramech will not be able to save you from theese annoying bastards. They suck your energy with a snap of a finger. You contact it - bam - no energy. Once I rushed as a frost to renew sphere around the defence target, and, sadly, there was a luminus there. I had full energy before it, but when I pressed a button - I was quite surprised it told me I have no energy for this action. This game mod is already extremely anti-fun to play, even though rewards are pretty good - they can't outweight how awful it feels to play this game mode. You just force ppl to play warframes they don't like, shoot weak guns, and use no abilities because you have no energy in a game where the whole deal is to kill hoards of enemies with your favorite guns and frames

• Like 5

28 minutes ago, Armadillidium_vulgare said:

You have to hover over magazine stat, but I agree the old version was better for seeing what mods did at a glance. Having to hover over a stat to see improvements/changes is pretty awful.

But if you link a weapon, there's no way to see those stats. 

• Like 8

1 hour ago, [DE]Megan said:

Caliban’s Sentient Wrath (Rendered Check) 

• In addition to rendered checking, we’ve also made improvements to address issues where LoS checks would fail on clearly visible enemies that are behind terrain. 

How does this one work? IIRC Sentient Wrath didn't have an LoS since it's a wave that hits a fixed number of enemies. Ingame it seems to behave the same as it did before. Granted I use it subsumed onto another frame so maybe this is only relevant for Caliban's larger kit.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, [DE]Megan said:
  • Unowned items will now be indicated as such in the Deep Archimedea Loadout Individual Parameter UI - they will now be marked with a “!” icon and will have the “NOT OWNED” tag in the tooltip. 
    2cf3059256ae061e1ca6ffdd4783eef1.jpg
    • The tag will only appear if you do not own the specific item shown or any of its variants. 
  • In an effort to better communicate to players that they have enabled Elite Archimedea, we have made it more obvious in the Deep Archimedea screen by adding the Elite Archimedea logo and an “Elite Archimedea Active” indicator above the “Begin Research” button after unlocking with Search Pulses. 
    ictable. The team is investigating LoS checks at large occasionally having odd interactions with terrain, enemies, etc. which is causing inconsistencies in the checks. We are looking to have this resolved in the next Cert update (more info on what that means here). 

What in the #*!%?

In the last Devshort, Reb said that if we don't own a frame or weapon, it will not appear in the Archemidea screen, so what is this?

• Like 5

1 minute ago, -Krism- said:

What in the #*!%?

In the last Devshort, Reb said that if we don't own a frame or weapon, it will not appear in the Archemidea screen, so what is this?

She didn't really, although it could have been more clear.  And I don't blame anybody for misinterpreting before actually seeing the change in writing.

The explanation starts at 11:30 in the short if you want to listen to it again.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, iSiawPrime said:

Thanks for listening to the community

c0fKf9W.jpeg

Wow, that's all 20 people that play the game! 

Dante is incredible. After the nerf and subsequent buffs he is consistent enough to be enjoyable and easily one of the best choices for almost any mission type. The power fantasy was super fun at first, but in just 2-3 days I realized there was no point in choosing any frame beyond Dante most of the time. THAT'S boring and a horrible game state.

The LoS changes have now forced them to look into OTHER potential improvements for other abilities/frames. They have been handling the tweaking (often breaking a few things along the way) extremely well. I can't imagine being a developer and having to read this snarky nonsense every day while I work to "fix" something that's only broken to some people. 

There are some really derpy changes that aren't well thought-out (see Divine Retribution's original range reduction) because it seems like these things don't get play-tested much before pushing the patch, but they got to it fast (even though they were certainly delayed because of the focus on Dante's damsels crying out for a kill-everything-on-AND-off-screen button). 

• Like 11

still not using dante, others frames are better at doing damage without having to spend more energy because of having to cast 2 dark and tragedy, still miss the umbra forma i used on that trash

• Like 7

En 17/4/2024 a las 16:23, Salty_Saitama dijo:

Wow, that's all 20 people that play the game! 

So, are you conveniently ignoring that amount of votes in that feedback?

Most posts saying that Dante is good with LOS have around 8 upvotes as much, while posts of people who claim LOS is bad have above 80 upvotes in average. This shows that the vast majority of the community (whose DE used to base changes on) are against LOS, but they are only listening to the minority.

I can't imagine being a developer and having to read this snarky nonsense every day while I work to "fix" something that's only broken to some people.

Part of being a company is listening to your customers and users. Warframe is not an indie game, it's a business model and the least they can do for their players is listening to them.

There are some really derpy changes that aren't well thought-out (see Divine Retribution's original range reduction) because it seems like these things don't get play-tested much before pushing the patch, but they got to it fast (even though they were certainly delayed because of the focus on Dante's damsels crying out for a kill-everything-on-AND-off-screen button). 

So you say that only things that interest you should be addressed? Geez...

Edited by Rigtis
Typos
  • Like 11

14 minutes ago, Rigtis said:

So, are you conveniently ignoring that amount of votes in that feedback?

Most posts saying that Dante is good with LOS have around 8 votes as much, while posts of people who claim LOS is bad have above 80 votes in average. This shows that the vast majority of the community (whose DE based on their feedback) are against LOS, but they are only listening to the minority.

Part of being a company is listening to your customers and users. Warframe is not an indie game, it's a business model and the least the can do for their players is listening to them.

So you say that only things that interest you should be addressed? Geez...

I guess I am ignoring the posts you refer to because I can't recall seeing them. I would argue, though, that the angriest 1% are the ones likely to leave a comment. The forums aren't a measure of the player base, just a measure of those with reason to engage on the forums. I've played Warframe for 7 years and this is my second post. 

I'm sure you're aware of the phrase "the customer is always right", yeah? The second half of that phrase is "...in matters of taste." Dante blasting a map whilst making his team invincible and standing it one spot is tasteless AND a problem. How do they move forward if Dante is in every mission that's not solo, just steamrolling the map so nobody else has fun? Bad taste and an objectively bad game state. 

As far as nezha, no. Actual problems should be addressed. Dante was a problem. He got addressed. Then LoS was a problem, it continues to get addressed. Nezhas augment was a problem. It got addressed. It was then a different problem. It got addressed. Seeing a pattern? 

Edited by Salty_Saitama
Spelling
  • Like 7

hace 12 minutos, GStarPrime dijo:

still miss the umbra forma i used on that trash

Glad they are giving away an umbra forma in next Devstream's twitch drop. Wish they could also give back 2 forma bundles and a potato so people can recover a little from this mess.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Stormandreas said:

How about, we simply remove the Randomized loadouts to stop this ever being an issue.

If not, put in checks to simply not have weapons that the player doesn't own. This stops players being locked out of a gamemode for not owning weapons they simply don't want.

It's false expectation to think every player is going to just keep ahold of random weapons just incase a scenario like this pops up. The vast majority of players will not do this, and do not want to do this, yet you are almost forcing them to do so, so they can participate in newer content.

Nah i like the randomized loadouts. The circuit and now this are like the only things interesting about the game since they completely abandoned railjack.

Its designed for endgame players and to be done in a group.

Because it can be done in a group, there's basically a built-in failsafe that someone can carry you without restricting themselves, something the circuit didnt have.

It's always going to be possible to just pickup the weapons every week if you dont have them. The only weapon that takes a substantially long time to make is like the akjagara

• Like 5

1 hour ago, ShogunGunshow said:

The community is silly.

Dante is still incredible.

The community is also full of hypocrites.
For some reason giving Dante LoS is a spit in the face to the community, but the community also calls Saryn and Octavia boring for how good they are at aoe.......Someone make it make sense please.

• Like 6

hace 12 minutos, Salty_Saitama dijo:

I guess I am ignoring the posts you refer to because I can't recall seeing them. I would argue, though, that the angriest 1% are the ones likely to leave a comment. The forums aren't a measure of the player base, just a measure of those with reason to engage on the forums. I've played Warframe for 7 years and this is my second post. 

I'm sure you're aware of the phrase "the customer is always right", yeah? The second half of that phrase is "...in matters of taste." Dante blasting a map whilst making his team invincible and standing it one spot is tasteless AND a problem. How do they move forward if Dante is in every mission that's not solo, just steamrolling the map so nobody else has fun? Bad taste and an objectively bad game state. 

As far as nezha, no. Actual problems should be addressed. Dante was a problem. He got addressed. Then LoS was a problem, it continues to get addressed. Nezhas augment was a problem. It got addressed. It was the. A different problem. It got addressed. Seeing a pattern? 

Feedback comes from forums, so yes, people's reaction in here is important, not disposable as you imply. They are ignoring the bigger picture, nobody asked for them to rush fixes around an old and forgotten mechanic as LOS have been all these years and clearly shows they have no idea how should work. People have reported issues with LOS many times before, but they fell in hollow sack, only now is being looked at because they made a big mistake by nerfing a new frame a week after his release and putting him in the same category as old frames that never were looked at, no matter how much people reported the issue.

Dante was never a problem, his nuke requires active gameplay, not one button press. As many have said, there are older frames who have been doing for years what he did for some days, and the funny part is that they keep doing it, while Dante was sent to the waiting room. There's no pattern, because there was nothing wrong with Dante to begin with. They created an artificial problem, now they are selling us the solution and it seems you are buying it.

Edit: Btw, if you didn't see those comments, it was because they were being deleted by mods, pretending they never existed. 

Edited by Rigtis
Typos
  • Like 6

Thank you as always for your excellent work, and for keeping us updated on the changes.

Being someone who enjoys playing Ember regularly, would it be possible to apply the positive LoS changes to her Inferno as well? The LoS there can also be super wonky. I know it'll never be perfect, but it would be nice to have that included in the LoS adjustments. And, if possible, looking into having her Fireblast and Inferno break breakable containers. Seems odd to have Volts Discharge or Dante's Dark Verse, or most other frames' AoE abilites break containers, but hers just wash over them.

Thank you for the most excellent game : )

Edited by Tr8n8ty
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:
  • Vampyric Liminus’ Health/Energy drain can now affect spawned allies (Specters, Abilities that spawn NPC units, etc.) and vehicles (Necramechs and Merulina). 

I'm surprised by this change. I thought the whole point of the modifier was to force players to search out and use Necramechs for the mission. Is it really just supposed to be "no abilities allowed" then?

• Like 6

Hi.  Can we get reload speed and ammo maximum visible as default again?  When you are rolling rivens and you get those stats as negative, it's annoying to not be able to see them on the weapon stats tooltip to gauge their value.  Thanks.

• Like 10

11 minutes ago, Rigtis said:

Feedback comes from forums, so yes, people's reaction in here is important, not disposable as you imply. They are ignoring the bigger picture, nobody asked for them to rush fixes around an old and forgotten mechanic as LOS have been all these years and clearly shows they have no idea how should work. People have reported issues with LOS many times before, but they fell in hollow sack, only now is being looked at because they made a big mistake by nerfing a new frame a week after his release and putting him in the same category as old frames that never were looked at, no matter how much people reported the issue.

Dante was never a problem, his nuke requires active gameplay, not one button press. As many have said, there are older frames who have been doing for years what he did for some days, and the funny part is that they keep doing it, while Dante was sent to the waiting room. There's no pattern, because there was nothing wrong with Dante to begin with. They created an artificial problem, now they are selling us the solution and it seems you are buying it.

Edit: Btw, if you didn't see those comments, it was because they were being deleted by mods, pretending they never existed. 

If you genuinely think Dante was *never* a problem, we really can't have a fruitful argument. Hopefully we all are happy, one day, with the 56th free Warframe. 

• Like 6

Justo ahora, Salty_Saitama dijo:

If you genuinely think Dante was *never* a problem, we really can't have a fruitful argument.

When we have 4 old frames who nuke maps for years with 1 button, but they release a new one, gets everybody hyped, sell lots of bundles, then nerf him because "it's not healthy for the game"... it sounds to me like a weak move. Two days ago, I was in Mirror Defense with a friend, I was Dante and he was Saryn. After 2 hours my fingers were screaming, but he was just chillin like "ez" while watching memes on tiktok. See a pattern? lol

• Like 8

8 hours ago, TARINunit9 said:

I haven't had to buy weapon slots in years thanks to Nightwave

The thing we disagree on is, it's NOT out of your control. Whether or not you sell all your weapons is YOUR decision. So just don't do it

Well it's not out of your control but there is one thing that discourages it. Which is the Duviri circuit because the weapons you own are more likely to appear as a choice and I'd rather not have worse weapons more likely to appear in the circuit on top of reducing clutter in my arsenal. Of course you could avoid doing one or the other but I'm still interested in getting as much rivens or kuva as I can from end game activities as well as archon shards and I'm sure others are too.

This wouldn't be a problem if Deep Archimedea allowed you to rent ones like the circuit does but they don't. I haven't run into the situation were I was two weapons short of the challenges to miss the last chest and I've only had one weapon missing which is fine because I do not need more Vasfor. But there might be that time I have to craft that weapon and it will be a waste of forma.  

Edited by TheSteelMushroom
  • Like 3