The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Primary weapon and their overfocus on crit

kerozen666

22 hours ago, Traumtulpe said:

No, they are buying in bulk to disenchant them and get Arcane packs from Loid. Nobody actually wants these.

Most of the sellers with buy orders for Empowered right now also have sell orders for them. They get sold every day. You can see the trade history under the Statistics tab.

Just because you personally don't like the arcane doesn't make it bad.

• Like 1

My brother in christ...

• Bubonico AltSpammer
  • Mutalist Cernos
  • Proboscis Cernos
  • Ogris Napalm
  • Basmu
  • Phantasma
  • Convectrix
  • Ignis
  • Scourge
  • Exergis
  • Kohm
  • Phenmor
  • Felarx
  • Phage

Just because you only see crit builds everywhere doesn't mean raw status builds aren't a thing at all for primaries. Acolytes probably can tank easily most of these thanks to their damage calculations and status limitations, but it's not like you're forced into using just ONE gun for your entire mission. Whip out your best corrosive Praedos and it's immediately a non-issue. Phantasma built for viral/corro + all heat mods and banes chews through whatever faction you want. Enemies that are status immune are the least common in the game, most of them being bosses or minibosses.

Also about Cascadia Empowered, there's one gun where it outperforms just about any other arcane : the Kompressa, by virtue of having over 100% status chance per projectile on a gun that fires about 10 of them per ammo spent and dealing two instances of status per projectile : contact and explosion, thus averaging well over 20 singular activations per ammo spent, or basically at least 15k damage from the arcane per ammo spent. It's more relevant for instant damage, as the bubbles making contact with the target have very low base damage. Mayyyyyyyyyybe worth it on Zakti Prime and Stug ? I'd still prefer base damage on the Zakti though. Or maybe some funny Acrid memes.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Breyos said:

Just because you personally don't like the arcane doesn't make it bad.

My dude, there is a minimum floor for what an Arcane can be worth, because it is possible to disenchant them and get actually useful ones from it. Empower is at rock bottom.

zGkniDg.png7nM7XCS.png0p6CAnO.png

Guess which of these is Secondary Deadhead, Secondary Dexterity, and Cascadia Empowered (yeah, the same person is the top buyer for 2 of them)? Yeah, 21 Empowered go for 16 plat, despite the other two being literally free garbage drops that people had in the hundreds or thousands sitting in their inventory before enchanting was a thing. Somehow Empowered is worth less than free. Because it's *that* bad.

13 hours ago, Fred_Avant_2019 said:

My brother in christ...

• Bubonico AltSpammer
  • Mutalist Cernos
  • Proboscis Cernos
  • Ogris Napalm
  • Basmu
  • Phantasma
  • Convectrix
  • Ignis
  • Scourge
  • Exergis
  • Kohm
  • Phenmor
  • Felarx
  • Phage

Just because you only see crit builds everywhere doesn't mean raw status builds aren't a thing at all for primaries. Acolytes probably can tank easily most of these thanks to their damage calculations and status limitations, but it's not like you're forced into using just ONE gun for your entire mission. Whip out your best corrosive Praedos and it's immediately a non-issue. Phantasma built for viral/corro + all heat mods and banes chews through whatever faction you want. Enemies that are status immune are the least common in the game, most of them being bosses or minibosses.

Also about Cascadia Empowered, there's one gun where it outperforms just about any other arcane : the Kompressa, by virtue of having over 100% status chance per projectile on a gun that fires about 10 of them per ammo spent and dealing two instances of status per projectile : contact and explosion, thus averaging well over 20 singular activations per ammo spent, or basically at least 15k damage from the arcane per ammo spent. It's more relevant for instant damage, as the bubbles making contact with the target have very low base damage. Mayyyyyyyyyybe worth it on Zakti Prime and Stug ? I'd still prefer base damage on the Zakti though. Or maybe some funny Acrid memes.

scrourge prime full status is an absolute monster. slap both damage mods and go viral heat and just watch everything in standard sp get melted, acolyte included. just isn't on necramechs

and for guns that become busted with empowered, don't forget the kohmak line. on pox it's less impressive, but under a certain level, they become instadeath puddlemaker

10 hours ago, Traumtulpe said:

My dude, there is a minimum floor for what an Arcane can be worth, because it is possible to disenchant them and get actually useful ones from it. Empower is at rock bottom.

zGkniDg.png7nM7XCS.png0p6CAnO.png

Guess which of these is Secondary Deadhead, Secondary Dexterity, and Cascadia Empowered (yeah, the same person is the top buyer for 2 of them)? Yeah, 21 Empowered go for 16 plat, despite the other two being literally free garbage drops that people had in the hundreds or thousands sitting in their inventory before enchanting was a thing. Somehow Empowered is worth less than free. Because it's *that* bad.

And like I said, buy orders mean nothing. There's a buy order for Arcane Energize up right now for 1 plat. That doesn't mean that Arcane Energize is "even more worthless than Acolyte arcanes, only worth being ground into vosfor", it means that we have a very wishful thinker or someone looking to make an easy buck off of someone who doesn't know any better.

If you actually look at what those arcanes are *selling* for, you see that at max rank Deadhead and Dexterity are selling for around 22 plat, while Empowered is going for 45.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Breyos said:

And like I said, buy orders mean nothing. There's a buy order for Arcane Energize up right now for 1 plat.

Yjaksxy.png

You are *so* disingenuous. I don't like straight up liers, so farewell.

58 minutes ago, Traumtulpe said:

Yjaksxy.png

You are *so* disingenuous. I don't like straight up liers, so farewell.

You have to sort lowest to highest to see the low orders, dude...

5uHxiVq.png

And this is the button you press to see what something is actually worth

SUFOEjs.png

Edited by Breyos