The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Do green shards apply to wukong clones shooting his weapon?

hdip621

23 minutes ago, Traumtulpe said:

I can tell you that they do not work for sentinels, so I assume no specters either.

Wukong clone kills count as ability kills. Wether his weapon attacks also count as ability attacks I do not know.

• Like 3

@hdip621

@Traumtulpe

@Zakkhar

After testing. I can CONFIRM. Shard's for additional corrosive effects stacks. DOES work on wukong clone. 

I tested it with a phantasma with high multi. Let the clone attack on its own and it immediatly reached 14 stacks and reached full strip. 

SADLY. On the same note, i must inform you that Archon contininuity, nor vitality does NOT work. So no cheese with a toxin or heat weapon for 'an exalted clone' sadly, does not work.

But as for archon shards. It works.

As a bonus, i can confirm, Applying a +3 tau shard to wukong, along with 4 regular green shards for (+10%x4=40% additional dmg on enemies affected by corrosive.. ALSO.. works.. 

• Like 12

23 minutes ago, -ShadowRadiance- said:

SADLY. On the same note, i must inform you that Archon contininuity, nor vitality does NOT work. So no cheese with a toxin or heat weapon for 'an exalted clone' sadly, does not work.

That's kinda weird.  According to wiki, those will proc if the twin is using the exalted melee.

4 minutes ago, Lord_Drod said:

That's kinda weird.  According to wiki, those will proc if the twin is using the exalted melee.

I went back in and double tested. Same results. With normal melee weapons, 1 fire proc with attacks. However with exalted staff, 2. So confirmed. 

For some reason it does not count the normal weapons as 'abilities' most likely due to spaghetti code. While exalted staff clearly is one so,

While it seems archon shards is programmed differently then the mods. 

Which is my assumption.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, -ShadowRadiance- said:

I went back in and double tested. Same results. With normal melee weapons, 1 fire proc with attacks. However with exalted staff, 2. So confirmed. 

For some reason it does not count the normal weapons as 'abilities' most likely due to spaghetti code. While exalted staff clearly is one so,

While it seems archon shards is programmed differently then the mods. 

Which is my assumption.

Appreciate the testing, wasn't doubting you, was just trying to wrap my head around it.  I guess it makes sense.  You don't proc the archon mods by using a weapon, only an ability.  The clones are an ability, so whatever they use, will get the corrosive bonus, but they won't proc the archon mods because they are still using a weapon instead of an ability, unless using the exalted melee.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Lord_Drod said:

Appreciate the testing, wasn't doubting you, was just trying to wrap my head around it.  I guess it makes sense.  You don't proc the archon mods by using a weapon, only an ability.  The clones are an ability, so whatever they use, will get the corrosive bonus, but they won't proc the archon mods because they are still using a weapon instead of an ability, unless using the exalted melee.

Thats my reasoning as well. Despite that the dmg IS coming from an ability (the clone) what the clone is using, as what the game is most likely reading, exactly the same weapon you are using. 

Most likely using a /redirect/scan weapon X line of code. 

Where as the archon shards add some kind of base mofifyer that in this case, allows for additional status stacks. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, -ShadowRadiance- said:

@hdip621

@Traumtulpe

@Zakkhar

After testing. I can CONFIRM. Shard's for additional corrosive effects stacks. DOES work on wukong clone. 

I tested it with a phantasma with high multi. Let the clone attack on its own and it immediatly reached 14 stacks and reached full strip. 

As a bonus, i can confirm, Applying a +3 tau shard to wukong, along with 4 regular green shards for (+10%x4=40% additional dmg on enemies affected by corrosive.. ALSO.. works.. 

Qrazy! ;o 

Thanks for that, glad it works as an extension of you.

Good that Archon continuity and vitality still procc from the iron staff exalted

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)
On 2024-04-20 at 4:37 PM, -ShadowRadiance- said:

@hdip621

@Traumtulpe

@Zakkhar

Wait wait so the ability damage if affected by corrosive works? I understand the procs going to 14 but otherwise mind if we get a comparison on the 40% addition damage if corrosive sorry if I seem stupid or doubtful most likely stupid if I'm wrong on what I said in case

Edited by (PSN)lord_makino234

5 hours ago, (PSN)lord_makino234 said:

Wait wait so the ability damage if affected by corrosive works? I understand the procs going to 14 but otherwise mind if we get a comparison on the 40% addition damage if corrosive sorry if I seem stupid or doubtful most likely stupid if I'm wrong on what I said in case

Ive relocated all my green shards off wukong as i only really use him for spy missions and they had better uses elsewhere.

I did notice a big dps dif while the shards where slotted into him. 

Most likely i can set him up like it again when i get more shards.

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, -ShadowRadiance- said:

Ive relocated all my green shards off wukong as i only really use him for spy missions and they had better uses elsewhere.

I did notice a big dps dif while the shards where slotted into him. 

Most likely i can set him up like it again when i get more shards.

This may be a welrd request but mind testing with and without the shards cause there not supposed to boost his damage cause he is basically counted as a spector and not a ability for some odd reason idk why they haven't fixed it

Edited by (PSN)lord_makino234

1 hour ago, (PSN)lord_makino234 said:

This may be a welrd request but mind testing with and without the shards cause there not supposed to boost his damage cause he is basically counted as a spector abd not a ability for some odd reason idk why they haven't fixed it

Il see what new shards il get on monday. I still need a ton of green shards for various frames.

That way i wont have to delete my bile reserves further after adding to many subsumes to protea prime xD

On 2024-05-03 at 11:24 AM, -ShadowRadiance- said:

Il see what new shards il get on monday. I still need a ton of green shards for various frames.

That way i wont have to delete my bile reserves further after adding to many subsumes to protea prime xD

Was you able to test the shard ability damage on wukong?

1 hour ago, (PSN)lord_makino234 said:

Was you able to test the shard ability damage on wukong?

I just finished after extracting shards for my kong kong testing.

I sat and wrote what i wanted to test during the weekend and came up with this,

-Is there a difference, between full strip. Vs non full strip- meaning i'd need two shard layouts. RIP bile reserves.

-Does the ability, 'snapshot' stats when summoning the clone given 'abilityXstacks- (Does it affect only, the target affected by corrosive, and does it transfer over to non afflicted targets (Target number 2 who has no stacks at the point of summoning)) <<--- this one, is annoying. And the culprit il get into further down.

-I- need to do as little dmg as possible to not affect the testing when applying stacks. So i need a -S#&amp;&#036; build- with as little interfearence as possible. Like before, so i cloned, (Pun intended) my previous phantasma test build.

This meant. I need to a minimum of 3x tests with each 'shard layout.'

I need to do solo target. And multi target testing. Multiple times.

I need more bile.

And i want DE to let us see spectre's/clones dmg numbers.

And it seems i must retract -part- of my earlier statement about it working, it -does- but under very annoying circomstances after testing, double testing, tripple testing cause i got annoyed. Until i noticed why.

The shard does add the effect to the clone. BUT only to enemies -already affected by corrosive- when you -SUMMON HIM- hence, not a viable useage. I belive i must have summoned the clone midcombat during my first initial testing and thus triggered this. -bug- i'd say. 

I replicated the test build i used. Minus some minor changes to the shards however, on purpose, but did dual tests with two shard layouts. One doing a full strip, the other with neutral 10 stacks of corrosive max.

*build images in spoiler*

Spoiler

GM7XxZQWsAAXKdo?format=jpg&name=large

Test one. Full strip. Archon shard layout 1.

GM7YSwTXYAAc8jt?format=jpg&name=large

Test two. Archon shard, layout 2.

GM7a7oeWQAAPcbM?format=jpg&name=large

Using a (Given the S#&amp;&#036; weapon test build for consistent results) a level 30 corrupted heavy gunner for solo target. Then two gunners for multi target..

I repeated this test 3 times each version using the timer on my cellphone like in the original testing.

3 times for the full strip test. (14 stacks) solo kill. 

3x with two goons.

3 times for the no full strip test. (10 stacks)

3x with two goons.

Full strip results.

Solo target.

Summoning clone before applying stacks. It took the clone 16-17 seconds to kill the goon.

After applying stacks (all 14 in three 'shots' from phantasma given its multi) the clone killed the goon is 14-15 seconds.

Multi target.

Same restults. 16-17 seconds.

With 2 targets. same results.

No full strip results.

Solo target.

Summoning before applying stacks. 16-17 seconds. As expected.

Applying corrosive (10 stacks) (Two shots) resulted in the clone killing on average around 12-13 seconds. Which is a rather big difference.

This however, appears, to not -snapshot- for the clone but i could be wrong as i cant see the clones weapon dmg. (DE HELP ME OUT HERE!)

Multi target.

Same restults. 12-13 seconds.

ON THE OTHER TARGET. With no original stacks on point of summoning, 16-17 seconds.

So, while it does appear to affect the clone. -Partially- and annoyingly. Havnig to resummon, dissmiss, resummon the clone on repeat... does not seem viable. It does affect him. For some forsaken reason.

Again RIP my BILE reserves. QQ

• Like 1

14 hours ago, -ShadowRadiance- said:

I just finished after extracting shards for my kong kong testing.

I sat and wrote what i wanted to test during the weekend and came up with this,

-Is there a difference, between full strip. Vs non full strip- meaning i'd need two shard layouts. RIP bile reserves.

-Does the ability, 'snapshot' stats when summoning the clone given 'abilityXstacks- (Does it affect only, the target affected by corrosive, and does it transfer over to non afflicted targets (Target number 2 who has no stacks at the point of summoning)) <<--- this one, is annoying. And the culprit il get into further down.

-I- need to do as little dmg as possible to not affect the testing when applying stacks. So i need a -S#&amp;&#036; build- with as little interfearence as possible. Like before, so i cloned, (Pun intended) my previous phantasma test build.

This meant. I need to a minimum of 3x tests with each 'shard layout.'

I need to do solo target. And multi target testing. Multiple times.

I need more bile.

And i want DE to let us see spectre's/clones dmg numbers.

And it seems i must retract -part- of my earlier statement about it working, it -does- but under very annoying circomstances after testing, double testing, tripple testing cause i got annoyed. Until i noticed why.

The shard does add the effect to the clone. BUT only to enemies -already affected by corrosive- when you -SUMMON HIM- hence, not a viable useage. I belive i must have summoned the clone midcombat during my first initial testing and thus triggered this. -bug- i'd say. 

I replicated the test build i used. Minus some minor changes to the shards however, on purpose, but did dual tests with two shard layouts. One doing a full strip, the other with neutral 10 stacks of corrosive max.

*build images in spoiler*

Hide contents

GM7XxZQWsAAXKdo?format=jpg&name=large

Test one. Full strip. Archon shard layout 1.

GM7YSwTXYAAc8jt?format=jpg&name=large

Test two. Archon shard, layout 2.

GM7a7oeWQAAPcbM?format=jpg&name=large

Using a (Given the S#&amp;&#036; weapon test build for consistent results) a level 30 corrupted heavy gunner for solo target. Then two gunners for multi target..

I repeated this test 3 times each version using the timer on my cellphone like in the original testing.

3 times for the full strip test. (14 stacks) solo kill. 

3x with two goons.

3 times for the no full strip test. (10 stacks)

3x with two goons.

Full strip results.

Solo target.

Summoning clone before applying stacks. It took the clone 16-17 seconds to kill the goon.

After applying stacks (all 14 in three 'shots' from phantasma given its multi) the clone killed the goon is 14-15 seconds.

Multi target.

Same restults. 16-17 seconds.

With 2 targets. same results.

No full strip results.

Solo target.

Summoning before applying stacks. 16-17 seconds. As expected.

Applying corrosive (10 stacks) (Two shots) resulted in the clone killing on average around 12-13 seconds. Which is a rather big difference.

This however, appears, to not -snapshot- for the clone but i could be wrong as i cant see the clones weapon dmg. (DE HELP ME OUT HERE!)

Multi target.

Same restults. 12-13 seconds.

ON THE OTHER TARGET. With no original stacks on point of summoning, 16-17 seconds.

So, while it does appear to affect the clone. -Partially- and annoyingly. Havnig to resummon, dissmiss, resummon the clone on repeat... does not seem viable. It does affect him. For some forsaken reason.

Again RIP my BILE reserves. QQ

Ah thank you and yea I feel like end game items should affect abilities that naturally can't be affected by mods if it's damage 

It makes ability damage basically worthless unless it's on 2 frames for corrosive 

Even chroma effigy doesn't get the benefit and I wish we could see the clones damage numbers or at least a spector also and give a option to turn it off if wanted a bit of qol wouldn't hurt