The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

-75% duration condition gave me some (cruel) ideas

For those unaware , the Deep archimidea has modifiers that negatively impact your gameplay.

One of those is -75% duration for abilities.

This isnt additive to your mods , but multiplicative.

So 100% duration becomes 25%,

200 % duration becomes 50% ,

This really has an impact on how you mod your loadout.

So my cruel thought was , how it would impact all the corrupt mods if their negatives worked similarly.

1 minute ago, 0_The_F00l said:

For those unaware , the Deep archimidea has modifiers that negatively impact your gameplay.

One of those is -75% duration for abilities.

This isnt additive to your mods , but multiplicative.

So 100% duration becomes 25%,

200 % duration becomes 50% ,

This really has an impact on how you mod your loadout.

So my cruel thought was , how it would impact all the corrupt mods if their negatives worked similarly.

I want my abilities get such a low duration that my keyboard resists my button presses.

• Like 6

14 minutes ago, Chewarette said:

Corrupted mods would become unusable, that's it, unless if they're reworked to have a lower impact (like -40% strength on Overextended would become -10% ?)

but what if they made the positive also be final miltiply like OP suggest 🤔

15 minutes ago, LittleLeoniePrime said:

but what if they made the positive also be final miltiply like OP suggest 🤔

Well that would be the same. But it's not even feasible to begin with, because it multiplies with the final value in EDA, which is not something you can translate in the modding window. Like you have 100% strength, you add Overextended with let's say -10% strength, it becomes 90%. Then you add Blind Rage at which would be maybe +25%, it would give 112.5% strength. Then you add Umbra Intensify, +44%. Does it impact the Corrupted mods' effect or does it apply after ? 

It would become a real nightmare for which you'd need an excel spreadsheet opened somewhere just to understand what you're doing modding-wise. Currently it's straightforward, you have 100%, you add 40, it becomes 140.

• Like 2

Just slap on a bunch of defense and health tanking mods, then use melee tennoki and arcanes and call it a day.  Low duration isn't that bad, imagine +1000% casting speed and +500% slower rolls.  Movement speed decreased by 300%, attack speed debuffs.  Maybe effected by void status or other statuses.  Hard landings lock in you place for 5 seconds.  What actual abilities do you need for any of these missions?  Only survival requires killing efficiently somewhat.

13 minutes ago, Lord_Drod said:

Just slap on a bunch of defense and health tanking mods, then use melee tennoki and arcanes and call it a day.  Low duration isn't that bad, imagine +1000% casting speed and +500% slower rolls.  Movement speed decreased by 300%, attack speed debuffs.  Maybe effected by void status or other statuses.  Hard landings lock in you place for 5 seconds.  What actual abilities do you need for any of these missions?  Only survival requires killing efficiently somewhat.

I don't know if you even read the actual point of discussion.

• Like 5

vor 11 Minuten schrieb Lord_Drod:

Prob is, no operator is possible there either. and I have vaz dash with aoe heal arcane for others.
and sausage warframes will not survive other options. I had wukong and took out this option. and then was the only one who constantly revived others. without his 2nd skill this would be epic fail.

1 hour ago, Chewarette said:

Corrupted mods would become unusable, that's it, unless if they're reworked to have a lower impact (like -40% strength on Overextended would become -10% ?)

No they wouldnt. Modifier is applied at the end of the equation not to the mods. If you run Overextended you have 40% duration (100% base -60%) and with the mutator applied it becomes 10% (-75% equals to 25% multiplier). There is currently no possibility to obtain negative% of any stat (Dur, Eff, Range, Str) and rightfully so. That is why the correction of negative combo duration resulting from equipping max rank Melee Guidance was so crucial (visible by the laments of all people who exploited its buggy interaction).

PS: I usually opt out of this one mutator.

Edited by Zakkhar

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, ominumi said:

This seems to be done so the values can't go pass zero.

They could  have caped it (floored it?) ,

they have done it for efficiency.

Edited by 0_The_F00l

4 hours ago, 0_The_F00l said:

I don't know if you even read the actual point of discussion.

Oh you meant outside of deep arch.  And apparently I'm not the only one who's lost in this thread.

If I lose 60% strength that is multiplicative instead, I'm equipping a mod that gives a 180% strength negative at 300%  modded strength to buff my range by 25%.  So they would become straight trash.

Blind rage stays the same if that's all you have on.  I'm sure they thought about this when they were released.

TF would never be used if duration was important at all and fleeting would never be used over streamline unless duration was a pure dump stat.

Narrowminded wouldn't matter either since you rarely run that on frames that care about range and you'd just use PC instead if you still wanted some range or needed to run another corrupted mod to counter it.

This would effectively just nerf the range of aoe abilities.

I said 25% range because that's the difference in 235% and 175% range.  You'd never take pure overextended.  And overextended has a strength negative, not duration so it would only be 10 if there's a -75% str modifier in EDA.  And there's only one frame you run high range and no strength on...

Unless you want a duration negative instead on all the corrupted mods which doesn't even make sense and wouldn't be clear from initial post.

Edited by Lord_Drod

21 minutes ago, Lord_Drod said:

Oh you meant outside of deep arch.  And apparently I'm not the only one who's lost in this thread.

If I lose 60% strength that is multiplicative instead, I'm equipping a mod that gives a 180% strength negative at 300%  modded strength to buff my range by 25%.  So they would become straight trash.

Blind rage stays the same if that's all you have on.  I'm sure they thought about this when they were released.

TF would never be used if duration was important at all and fleeting would never be used over streamline unless duration was a pure dump stat.

This would effectively just nerf the range of aoe abilities.

I said 25% range because that's the difference in 235% and 175% range.  You'd never take pure overextended.  And overextended has a strength negative, not duration so it would only be 10 if there's a -75% str modifier in EDA.  And there's only one frame you run high range and no strength on...

Unless you want a duration negative instead on all the corrupted mods which doesn't even make sense and wouldn't be clear from initial post.

As i said , it was a cruel thought i had ,

it would definitely make many builds unviable if they used multiple corrupt mods (unless the numbers also changed),

and Corrupt mods would only be limited to very specific builds where you can get away with one or two dump stats.

2 minutes ago, 0_The_F00l said:

and Corrupt mods would only be limited to very specific builds where you can get away with one or two dump stats.

So basically how it is now.

I use blind rage and narrow minded on my mirage.  This would have no impact at all on my build. 

It would mainly eliminate very high range and high strength builds.

7 hours ago, Karyst said:

I want my abilities get such a low duration that my keyboard resists my button presses.

I have to wonder now what the lowest possible duration you can get

And for that matter, how would the game react to super low well, anyting

Edited by Circle_of_Psi

7 hours ago, 0_The_F00l said:

Baruuk mains rejoicing with this proposal 

Sorry babe, I played Deep Archimedea earlier this evening. I swear, its just the modifiers. Everyone is affected by this, its not just a me thing. 

I promise tomorrow night, I'll give you some "Prime Continuity", at least 40 seconds of "Axios Javelin", to your "Rally Point". If you know what I mean... 

Intercourse. Its an intercourse joke. 

I was actually glad I got Mag, with that modifier, since I usually don't really care for duration on her. Just as long as the enemies are grouped to make shooting them easier, all good. Having them effect Corrupted Mods could get to some fun experimenting. Combine with some Dragon Keys. Imagine if one modifier was that you couldn't move, jump, roll, parkour, etc. Whole mission is just waiting for enemies to get to you, you walk speed is so slow, most of the "challenge" is just slow walking to the extraction. Team mates taking like 10 minutes slow walking, after killing 180 enemies at the starting point. Naturally Nova, Volt, Wisp meta would evolve. Take 5 mins instead of 10. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Venus-Venera said:

Prob is, no operator is possible there either. and I have vaz dash with aoe heal arcane for others.
and sausage warframes will not survive other options. I had wukong and took out this option. and then was the only one who constantly revived others. without his 2nd skill this would be epic fail.

You often do have operator though.  That's only an occasional challenge.  It helps to use companion for cold proc spreading, then still shield gate on top of all the health tanking.  I just mainly build for defense in those missions and don't really utilize my frames abilities, especially with the 75% duration modifier, and liminus guys around etc.

I end up building for melee and that seems like what they want you to do anyway since the melee adapters are recently released.  If I have pure shield gate frames, no operator, then I guess it depends on the other modifiers and choices haha.

vor 1 Stunde schrieb Lord_Drod:

You often do have operator though.  That's only an occasional challenge.  It helps to use companion for cold proc spreading, then still shield gate on top of all the health tanking.  I just mainly build for defense in those missions and don't really utilize my frames abilities, especially with the 75% duration modifier, and liminus guys around etc.

I end up building for melee and that seems like what they want you to do anyway since the melee adapters are recently released.  If I have pure shield gate frames, no operator, then I guess it depends on the other modifiers and choices haha.

But not this week! And a lot of warframes survive the stuff with def skill, which isn't possible either. and not everyone wants to constantly change def shards. or install buffs from Helmith.
and their embarrassing fake "random" code often creates ridiculous options that aren't even playable. I can give too many examples from the last few weeks of the Elite Archimeda or from six months of SP circuit runs.

and mele is superior because ranged usually can't keep up with super skilled mele key hold or slam spam. Because the ammunition is usually not there and the damage is absolutely ridiculous. 9mil aoe slam red crit non stop? OK....

26 minutes ago, Venus-Venera said:

But not this week! And a lot of warframes survive the stuff with def skill, which isn't possible either. and not everyone wants to constantly change def shards. or install buffs from Helmith.
and their embarrassing fake "random" code often creates ridiculous options that aren't even playable. I can give too many examples from the last few weeks of the Elite Archimeda or from six months of SP circuit runs.

and mele is superior because ranged usually can't keep up with super skilled mele key hold or slam spam. Because the ammunition is usually not there and the damage is absolutely ridiculous. 9mil aoe slam red crit non stop? OK....

I agree with most of that.  Usually you have options to cheese the challenge though between gearwheel, companion, operator, mech, and whatever the modifiers are plus 1 change for vosfor.  It's annoying when frames receive most of their DR survivability from an ability, that uses duration and energy and is now useless. 

I'm not really about swapping shards and going all out just for that mission.  I usually will adapter my melee and put exilus in it though, if I need to.  It was fun to test things though after cheesing, since there's some ridiculous modifiers like no shield mode etc.

• Like 1

vor 16 Minuten schrieb Lord_Drod:

I agree with most of that.  Usually you have options to cheese the challenge though between gearwheel, companion, operator, mech, and whatever the modifiers are plus 1 change for vosfor.  It's annoying when frames receive most of their DR survivability from an ability, that uses duration and energy and is now useless. 

I'm not really about swapping shards and going all out just for that mission.  I usually will adapter my melee and put exilus in it though, if I need to.  It was fun to test things though after cheesing, since there's some ridiculous modifiers like no shield mode etc.

true. The possibilities are far from exhausted. And there are opportunities here and there to successfully complete these 3 missions.

I think it just hits new players hard. Because with gear you can find a way out here and there.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Karyst said:

lotus just pops up and says "no." when you press! :crylaugh: 

14 hours ago, Lord_Drod said:

Hard landings lock in you place for 5 seconds.

calm down satan.

for real though Abbreviated Abilities is by far the worst of the modifiers.. 75% is brutal.. I feel like it could be 50% and it's still be bad, but not THAT bad..

• Like 1

The zenith treatment now applies to all incarnons.  It just swaps full charge like a few shots in.  When DE?  I accept full time pay with benefits.

Also reload speed has been increased 4x.

Liminus units are invisible.

Edited by Lord_Drod